Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They had the whole year to offer Dillon an extension. He should have been more than an afterthought. It isn't trivial at all.

We have no idea what discussions they had throughout the year. Could have been as easy as Dillion not wanting to discuss things while the season was going on and then he found himself at behind two more important pieces once the year ended.

We can agree to disagree on this. He's free to go where he wants, just sick of some of these complaints in the press.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
We have no idea what discussions they had throughout the year. Could have been as easy as Dillion not wanting to discuss things while the season was going on and then he found himself at behind two more important pieces once the year ended.

We can agree to disagree on this. He's free to go where he wants, just sick of some of these complaints in the press.

There were reports while the season was going on that Dillon and his camp wanted discussions at that time.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There were reports while the season was going on that Dillon and his camp wanted discussions at that time.

I don't recall that, but I'll take your word for it.

My bold prediction:

In the not too distant future, people will be glad that we didn't get Dillon

I agree, the guy isn't getting any younger. I think it's time for Snerg to take a step forward.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I'm worried about Chevy's strategy if that's what he offered. I'd much prefer more creative options.
We'd all prefer more creative options but creative's not really in Chevy's bailiwick. He's more a think-inside-the-box person, and this is his box:

zsmallbox.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'm really glad he rejected the Jets.

I'm worried about Chevy's strategy if that's what he offered. I'd much prefer more creative options.

I wouldn't mind the Jets trying Perfetti or Vilardi at 2C first, or even taking a swing on a young C like Hayton that would be inexpensive and might blossom with players like Ehler and/or Perfetti.

The strategy prior to and after Dubois just seems to be about spending assets on mediocre stop gaps. Time for the org to invest in a long term solution. Either step up and go out and trade for one, or start grooming an internal candidate for the role.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
The strategy prior to and after Dubois just seems to be about spending assets on mediocre stop gaps. Time for the org to invest in a long term solution. Either step up and go out and trade for one, or start grooming an internal candidate for the role.

Agreed. No more stop gaps!

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
At this point, I want to see Vile Heinola playing sink or swim. I feel bad for the guy not getting an opportunity. Almost any other player would demand a trade. He was taken 5 years ago.... play him or move him.
Heinola is a perfect example of what we should be able to look for McG trade. A nhl ready man seasoned in the AHL and just not being able to break into the lineup of their team.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
There's still a lot of moving parts that could be holding things up.
The Jets have to consider the trade or extension of Ehlers and possible trade of McG.
Those are intimately connected to any UFA additions that we could make.

We could easily still be waiting for things to happen in late August.

4 guys are penciled into our top 6 (Scheif, KC, Vilardi & Perfetti)
Ehlers is a wild card as he could be gone and may bring back a younger player for that type of role (maybe not).
That leaves Namestikov as a placeholder and then opens the door for Lambert & dare we say McG to earn that role in training camp.

There's no big name UFA coming our way (especially now) so outside of a big trade we have what we have.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
It's not the coaches. They've promised 55 that he can play with him. So they do. He wants to play his perimeter possession passing game and have the best scorer he can set up. Ehlers is a chaos machine so likely hates playing with him. My guess anyhow.
"They promised him" and then finished off with "my guess anyhow."

What a roundabout way of saying "I don't actually know shit about shit!" 😆

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
59 points last year. And its hard to hit 60 points when you are averaging 52 games/season. But I get your point. He's had multiple surgeries over the past 4 years. I am guessing that the Jets medical staff were comfortable with his health given that the Jets were "right there" with CBJ's offer to re-sign him.
This is all true. I'm not upset Monahan is not coming back, but it's not as if he would not have been a perfectly adequate 2C. Keep in mind Bryan Little was our 1C for many years and was much less of a point producer than injury-free Monahan.

Columbus did not save Chevy from himself; Chevy's own stops did. Every asset has its right price in a capped system, as it should.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Just listened to Monahan's presser with the Blue Jackets. He just had a baby one month ago and wanted to be closer to home. Columbus is driveable for his parents. Him and his wife are best friends with the Gaudreaus. He really wanted to sign in the East.

TL;DR: Sounds like he was never signing in WPG but we came in handy for leverage in boosting his price.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just listened to Monahan's presser with the Blue Jackets. He just had a baby one month ago and wanted to be closer to home. Columbus is driveable for his parents. Him and his wife are best friends with the Gaudreaus. He really wanted to sign in the East.

TL;DR: Sounds like he was never signing in WPG but we came in handy for leverage in boosting his price.

Not really that surprising.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
There are still some interesting names out there for reclamation projects / lower end guys that might be worth a flyer. Given how much cap space they have they have a bit for flexibility to do that then some of the other teams that have competitive rosters. Given how few RH shooters they have anyone that shoots right would be of interest if for nothing else then to push Kupari, Apples, & Iffallo. For these lower end guys the Jets might look like a more attractive option to try to restart their careers then going to teams that are going to be trainwreaks.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This is all true. I'm not upset Monahan is not coming back, but it's not as if he would not have been a perfectly adequate 2C. Keep in mind Bryan Little was our 1C for many years and was much less of a point producer than injury-free Monahan.

Columbus did not save Chevy from himself; Chevy's own stops did. Every asset has its right price in a capped system, as it should.

I mean the Jets weren't exactly happy with his production near the end. They spent 1st round picks on upgrades in b2b deadlines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad