Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
jets offered Henrique 2x$3.5M according to dreger
Our guardian angel is watching out for us...
giphy.gif

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I liked us getting back Miller for depth. Didn't see that coming with how he was used down the stretch but I think it was a good deal. Personally I'd rather him get more ice time than Pionk at this point, but we'll see how it goes. A vet RHD at that contract is pretty good.

I'm glad we didn't extend Monahan at that term and length as well. With no other moves we have Names who can play that spot, and some young guys who can also get some experience there.

I would be interested in Pinto as well if the Sens look to move him (due to a request or cap reasons). I think some of the recent offers here are on the high side from our side, but we'll see if he's even moved how it goes.

I do hope that Chevy does something with Ehlers this summer though and doesn't let it go into the season. Either an extension or trade, so the team knows what they need to add to the roster.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Scheifele is better than barkov

Trading Ehlers has to come with a dman in return and nobody good is available so you better off keeping ehlers and run with Lambert at 2c.
Schiefele isn't better than Barkov

Barkov is the best 2 way centre in the game

Think Schiefele, but with Lowry's shut down skills in the same package

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Yup, Barkov is a top 5 C in the game today. I'd be hard pressed to place Scheifele in the top 20 at this stage of his career.

Scheif is still a top 20 center in the league easily. Top 10 for sure not but that group is pretty hard to get into.

We just came off a season where we finished 4th overall its hard to imagine that he isn't one of the better centers in the league. I think what is going to hurt him and the Jets is getting someone behind him.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Scheif is still a top 20 center in the league easily. Top 10 for sure not but that group is pretty hard to get into.

We just came off a season where we finished 4th overall its hard to imagine that he isn't one of the better centers in the league. I think what is going to hurt him and the Jets is getting someone behind him.

I wouldn't say easily.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

I dunno

Sure, he was 20th in scoring for Cs but his woeful defense needs to be taken into account

I'd put him in the 20-30 tier, but I guess one could argue for 15-25. At that point we're splitting hairs

If we had another one of him, we'd also be OK

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Scheifele is a top-performing C when he isn't playing with Connor, because together they give up too much defensively. When Scheifele has been with Ehlers they put up stellar results. I think that if the coaches use Scheifele effectively, he can drive good results.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm not so sure... It might be better than Dillon-Pionk, and the Jets won the Jennings trophy last season with that 2nd pair.

View attachment 891366
Sample size was only 150 minutes for Snerg - Pionk but hopefully it holds up

People wanted Dillon to re-sign, but I think we're very close to a point (if not past it) where Samberg's upward trajectory intersects with Dillon's downward trajectory. I think he'll grow into the 2LHD role well

Whileee

May 29, 2010
jets offered Henrique 2x$3.5M according to dreger
I'm really glad he rejected the Jets.

I'm worried about Chevy's strategy if that's what he offered. I'd much prefer more creative options.

I wouldn't mind the Jets trying Perfetti or Vilardi at 2C first, or even taking a swing on a young C like Hayton that would be inexpensive and might blossom with players like Ehler and/or Perfetti.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Florida with 2 in the top 30, Edmonton with 2...NYR with two, Hintz and Johnston could be considered top 30... better hope Lambert is who we want him to be

Edit: Add Vancouver to this list too

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I agree on the Monahan deal. Would have liked him back but nowhere near that length. Does anyone really think were a playoff team with Namestnikov centering our 2nd line??
We were more than a playoff team with him centering that line for a long stretch last season.
He was a solid part of our lineup throughout the season that we were lucky to have prior to the additions that were made.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Sample size was only 150 minutes for Snerg - Pionk but hopefully it holds up

People wanted Dillon to re-sign, but I think we're very close to a point (if not past it) where Samberg's upward trajectory intersects with Dillon's downward trajectory. I think he'll grow into the 2LHD role well
I wanted Dillon to sign as our 3rd pairing with Heinola on his off-side... but that was when Miller didn't seem like an option

If the team actually looks at advanced statistics and realizes Pionk is not an 'offensive defenceman'... we SHOULD have Samberg-Miller as our 2PP and just hammer shots at the net

Reactions: Buffdog

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
So the new Jets schedule is out today.
8-game homestand between Jan 2-Jan 18.
Imagine going to Winnipeg and playing your first game in the middle of January ... when you become a free agent what's the first thing you will remember about Winnipeg?

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I'm not so sure... It might be better than Dillon-Pionk, and the Jets won the Jennings trophy last season with that 2nd pair.

View attachment 891366
I think all the red boxes on that graph - where literally everyone on the team is way better without Pionk - are much more telling than the handful of minutes that Samberg had the illusion of outperforming Dillon. Pionk is garbage.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
[/QUOTE]

People keep on saying that we are coming off a season where we finished 4th overall in the leauge, which is true. But who cares? 16 teams make the playoffs. More importantly we are coming off our second straight post season where we got absolutely smoked in 5 games. Our problem isn't our second line. Our problem is our first line getting caved in night after night forcing our third line into 2nd line minutes.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think all the red boxes on that graph - where literally everyone on the team is way better without Pionk - are much more telling than the handful of minutes that Samberg had the illusion of outperforming Dillon. Pionk is garbage.
I agree that Pionk is not suitable for a 2nd pair role, but somehow the Jets had the best goals against performance with him in that role next season. I think Miller would probably be better.

My main point was that I don't think losing Dillon puts a huge hole in the line-up with Samberg ready to take a bigger role.

Jets still could use an upgrade on the 2nd pair RD, for sure.

Reactions: Buffdog

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Not paying as much attention as in previous years, but got a text this morning from a very smart friend bemoaning Chevy's inaction and the loss of so many key players. I responded thusly:

Sometimes, less is more, and Chevy's inaction has been very beneficial. Losing LB, Dillon and Schmidt added roughly $11M of cap space and they were each replaced with ~ $1M AAV players who (IMO) will do just as well.

Monahan's loss is 5.5M AAV that can be better deployed elsewhere...and not for a Stamkos at 8M AAV or Chris Tanev @4.5M till the age of 40.

Chevy is keeping his powder dry so he can at least present a viable offer to Ehlers and look for the best possible additional value, while spending to the cap. This is where he does his best work, and it ain't easy because Winnipeg is not a magnet location. I remain cautiously optimistic that we have a slightly improved team from the start last season (better Perfetti, better-utilized Samberg, Heinola) even without the new player(s) made available by chevy's astute "inaction".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad