Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
CGY is purging their team. over the past 6ish months they've traded

top-6 C (Lindholm)
top-9 fwd (Mangiapane)
3 top-4 caliber dmen (Zadorov, Hanifin, Tanev)
starting goalie (Markstrom)

looks like they are trying to rebuild heavy, and the new GM bring in their own guys.

RHD is often scarce in the league, &have 1 good one and 1 v good one which would be great trade pieces. the UFA market for RHD is barren (assumign Pesce in NJD). It's Montour and ???

Weegar is a bit of a long shot given full NTC for sure. But I think Andersson with 2 years remaining on a low-cap hit and lesser restrictions would be attractive to some teams. would he extend there if they are in the midst of a rebuild? :dunno:

Yeah Weegar is likely a pipedream for us either way. He has full control over where he ends up for now and I have a feeling we aren't at the top of his list.

No idea if we would make Rasmus' 6 team NT list.

To be fair, he essentially missed the entire season before. It definitely is a risk on Philly's part but as I said I saw things in his game I liked in Philly. Whether he can build in it and get back to where he was a fee years ago remains to be seen.

Yeah I just wouldn't be overly enamoured if that's the value we got for McG.

Is it fair? Yeah probably given what we've seen on returns for NCAA holdouts. Is it good value? Absolutely not in my eyes.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah Weegar is likely a pipedream for us either way. He has full control over where he ends up for now and I have a feeling we aren't at the top of his list.

Yeah I just wouldn't be overly enamoured if that's the value we got for McG.

Is it fair? Yeah probably given what we've seen on returns for NCAA holdouts. Is it good value? Absolutely not in my eyes.

Which might make a larger deal with him in it more lucrative for us.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Which might make a larger deal with him in it more lucrative for us.

Yeah that is probably the better option similar to what Calgary did with Fox. Though perhaps we can make it more enticing by ensuring he would actually sign at the target destination.

Saw CBJ bought out Boqvist. Wonder if he's worth taking a flyer on? Should come cheap. If we want an often injured reclamation project as a puck moving 3RHD then he is as good a bet as any. Worst case Ontario he sits in the PB and fills in when he's healthy.

Reactions: kenobiwan

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

i have not followed Rasmus Andersson enough recently to say how god he is or isn't. so a little less warm on him. but he is the easier player to trade for sure.

Weegar typically rates v well at both ends. there is value in having good vets like him of course as a team rebuilds. pipe-dream for sure and he holds all the cards w/ the NTC & it's a leap of faith if he wants to be elsewhere other than rebuilding certainly.

Reactions: FlappyGiraffe

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
i have not followed Rasmus Andersson enough recently to say how god he is or isn't. so a little less warm on him. but he is the easier player to trade for sure.

Weegar typically rates v well at both ends. there is value in having good vets like him of course as a team rebuilds. pipe-dream for sure and he holds all the cards w/ the NTC & it's a leap of faith if he wants to be elsewhere other than rebuilding certainly.

He'd look really good in a Jets jersey lining up next to Morrissey though. Fits the window too.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He'd look great, but I'm unconvinced Calgary is actually going to tear it down. I think they are likely going to try to retool on the fly.

Crazy team. Let's trade our 1C, 1G, and 3 of our top D. It's a retool guys we promise.

that's like the Jets trading away Scheif, Helle, Morrissey, Pionk and Samberg for futures and then telling us fans.. "Don't worry guys it's just a retool."

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
CGY is purging their team. over the past 6ish months they've traded

top-6 C (Lindholm)
top-9 fwd (Mangiapane)
3 top-4 caliber dmen (Zadorov, Hanifin, Tanev)
starting goalie (Markstrom)

looks like they are trying to rebuild heavy, and the new GM bring in their own guys.

RHD is often scarce in the league, & they have 1 good one and 1 v good one which would be great trade pieces. the UFA market for RHD is barren (assuming Pesce in NJD, Tanev to TOR). It's Montour, Carrier, Walker and ???

Weegar is a bit of a long shot given full NTC for sure. But I think Andersson with 2 years remaining on a low-cap hit and lesser restrictions would be attractive to some teams. would he extend there if they are in the midst of a rebuild? :dunno:. id be interested in Weegar more than Andersson though

GMs see Pionk playing 20+ mins and 35ish pts he'll get something at the TDL. Bad players get moved every TDL for something.
Their young d need someone to play with... personally I wouldn't entertain offers on either guy and especially not for the scrap rhat this deal is offering

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He'd look really good in a Jets jersey lining up next to Morrissey though. Fits the window too.
Andersson is like the perfect fit for us, I'd love it if we could get it done for McGroarty +.

Big RHD that plays both ends of the rink, same age as KC and can be a Swedish mentor for Salomonsson next year (who replaces Pionk).

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Andersson
Heinola - Pionk

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Andersson is like the perfect fit for us, I'd love it if we could get it done for McGroarty +.

Big RHD that plays both ends of the rink, same age as KC and can be a Swedish mentor for Salomonsson next year (who replaces Pionk).

Morrissey - DeMelo
Samberg - Andersson
Heinola - Pionk

Yeah either one of them would be great really.

Imagine having fire as your logo and not having a fire sale. It's a shame really. They could probably set them selves up for years if they just do a proper tank.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Crazy team. Let's trade our 1C, 1G, and 3 of our top D. It's a retool guys we promise.

that's like the Jets trading away Scheif, Helle, Morrissey, Pionk and Samberg for futures and then telling us fans.. "Don't worry guys it's just a retool."
Follow their moves.... They're rebuilding.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I doubt see ever see another Canadian team pull a scorched earth rebuild

I'd even go so far as to say that depending on how things shake out in some other recent tear-down markets, the idea of tanking for an extended period might be falling our of favor league-wide

The percentage of teams that have pulled it off successfully is woefully low, and even then the picks have needed to be generational or pseudo-generational talents (Toews/Kane, Crosby/Malkin, Mcdavid/Drai - almost)

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Follow their moves.... They're rebuilding.

oh 100% but just like call a spade a spade.

They are doing a bit of a soft landing rather than go full scorched earth but I'd be surprised if any of the bigger name guys finish their contracts there.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

I'd even go so far as to say that depending on how things shake out in some other recent tear-down markets, the idea of tanking for an extended period might be falling our of favor league-wide

The percentage of teams that have pulled it off successfully is woefully low, and even then the picks have needed to be generational or pseudo-generational talents (Toews/Kane, Crosby/Malkin, Mcdavid/Drai - almost)

Yeah it's tough. Sometimes just being actually bad works out just as well. Tampa, Colorado and to a similar extent Florida and LA were all kind of in that boat of just being actually bad without overly trying.

Reactions: Buffdog

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Oh I agree.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
oh 100% but just like call a spade a spade.

They are doing a bit of a soft landing rather than go full scorched earth but I'd be surprised if any of the bigger name guys finish their contracts there.
Not sure how you trade the aforementioned group of players/roles and it's considered soft. Especially in that short amount of time.

How many teams in recent years in essentially 1 calendar year have traded that many personnel for futures.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Not sure how you trade the aforementioned group of players/roles and it's considered soft. Especially in that short amount of time.

How many teams in recent years in essentially 1 calendar year have traded that many personnel for futures.
Probably because the Kadri signing and Tkachuk deal bringing back "win now" pieces

In a "hard" rebuild, they'd have not signed Kadri and they'd have traded Tkachuck for a pure futures package

Maybe they pivoted after the GM swap but they're still stuck with those three contracts

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Probably because the Kadri signing and Tkachuk deal bringing back "win now" pieces

In a "hard" rebuild, they'd have not signed Kadri and they'd have traded Tkachuck for a pure futures package

Maybe they pivoted after the GM swap but they're still stuck with those three contracts
at the time they signed kadri or traded tkachuk they were coming off a 111 pt season. so still going for it.

this past year id label as their first rebuild year w/ the new management group, and i don't think it's surprising they were trying to shop kadri this year.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Guess it depends what your definition of scorched earth is...

Calgary is scorched earth the way it should be done - at least they are getting assets where they can be good in 3-5 years

Grier's scorched earth is a tad confusing... but I see where Chicago is going now...

Buffalo's scorched earth would have worked if they didn't lose the McD lottery....

At the end of Scheif/Helle contract we are in a rebuild regardless... I'd rather see scorched earth for the last 3 years of that contract than 'keeping our window' open...

Jets are on a path where our cupboards could be considered 'bare' right now... def not in top ten prospects - if this season falters after betting on our core/vet signings, I'd rather pull the bandaid off now than in 2029 when Lambert and Perfetti have left too...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That would be a savy move. Though I imagine if and when Weegar hits the trade market the vultures will be circling. That cap hit, coupled with the term. I think it will attract a lot of suitors.

I'd give a lot for Anderson if he was available. His trade protection kicks in tomorrow.

Only 2 years contract left but .... You can't have everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad