Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
8vhsha.jpg

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Can we work something around McG and Ehlers for Pinto?

I have no idea on relative values, but I'm sure we could make it work somehow...

Young 6'3 centreman fills the 2C problem long term

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Holy fk!!! Hahahahahaaaa

We dump our 6'5 rhd on waivers to protect I guess Kuhlmann? ??

Then we are scrambling for rhd depth for playoffs and trade a 4th to njd for Miller who we never play and will now lose for nothing

Then we buyout the guy we played over miller and are still short right side D

Then they use the 4th we traded to NJD to get Kovacevic

So the Jets have now used two draft picks and $2m in caps pace for two years to give a dman to the Devils - mind blowing

If kova was here he would be a killer 3rd pairing with heinola.... and we wouldnt be shopping... what a fkn mess

Last edited:

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Holy fk!!! Hahahahahaaaa

Then we are scrambling for rhd depth for playoffs and trade a 4th to njd for Miller who we never play and will now lose for nothing

So the Jets have now used two draft picks to give a dman to the Devils - mind blowing
A dman who wasn't good enough to play for our team

A 4th round pick has a 10.9% chance of ever playing a single NHL game. That's what the trade market has decided is Kovacevic's value

But people are still shedding tears over losing him "for nothing". But that's essentially what he's worth

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Holy fk!!! Hahahahahaaaa

So the Jets have now used two draft picks to give a dman to the Devils - mind blowing
Who said that is happening? Kovacevic is still an ahl defenseman just like he was when he left

• Haha
Reactions: WolfHouse

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

A 4th round pick has a 10.9% chance of ever playing a single NHL game. That's what the trade market has decided is Kovacevic's value

But people are still shedding tears over losing him "for nothing". But that's essentially what he's worth
You twist this however you want

Kova would be our third pair and we'd all love his game because he's a Jet... instead we are going to force heinola on his off side to make sure Stan is a successful pick.

Funny that you pull basic percentages out of your ass after railing against improper use of stats all season hahaha

Reactions: Bigfish and hn777

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

The guy just got moved by one of the worst defensive teams in the league because they didn’t have room for him even as deep depth.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
You twist this however you want

Kova would be our third pair and we'd all love his game because he's a Jet... instead we are going to force heinola on his off side to make sure Stan is a successful pick.

Funny that you pull basic percentages out of your ass after railing against improper use of stats all season hahaha
I don't rail against stats. I rail against stats as the only metric for assessing value and making decisions

In this case, the org used their eye test (and whatever stats they had) and decided that he wasn't worth keeping over other players

Then Montreal did the same and decided that he's worth a pick that has an 11% chance of ever breaking into their line up for a single game. NJD looked at that assessment and thought it was reasonable and agreed to the trade.

I'm not "twisting" anything. Just describing what three NHL organizations full of professional hockey people (including analytics departments) feel his value is. Don't get mad at me if you disagree

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Devils resigned Nick DeSimone, trade for Kovacevic, and are rumoured to be courting Pesce. All RHD that is added to Dougie Hamilton and Simon Nemec. DeSimone and Kovacevic are AHL - 7/8 players with Devils. Likely on waivers to start the season.

Meanwhile, Winnipeg has resigned DeMelo, bought out Schmidt, and seem determined to play Pionk as their #2RD in their top 4. Oh what I would give for a legit top 4 Dman like other teams have. I've lowered might sights on a top pair Dman, now that DeMelo reupped, as that won't happen for a couple of years now. Maybe Salomonsson is that in 2+ yrs.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad