Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Rutgers camp could be saying all of this to hide the fact that he actually just doesn't want to play in Winnipeg. We'll likely never know if that's the truth but it wouldn't surprise me.
if he didn't want to play in winnipeg then I don't see why his dad would be wearing the jets hat during the entire world jr's and I don't see why he would be doing interviews with the free press or wst after the world jr's, I also think we would have heard about this well before now

the likely scenario and the one that makes the most sense is the one that we have been talking about which is he wants to be in the nhl and the jets don't want to guarantee him a spot, rather then he doesn't want to sign in winnipeg based off of nothing at all...

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It was said McG's name was brought up in trade talks and people immediately assume Chevy is shopping him and he won't sign here.
Maybe Chevy isn't shopping him and it was the other GMs that brought his name up?

Must be summer...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This has the potential to turn out great for the Jets if they’re able to pick up a similar aged RHD for McGroarty. Maybe Ceulemans or Jiricek from Columbus? Takes a prospect from an area of strength to address a weakness.
That’s what I was thinking. A chance to adjust our prospect pool to acquire a team need using a player from a position of strength. There is always a risk selecting a guy going to the NCAA. Now Chevy needs to spin a little magic.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Reactions: Mooche

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
if he didn't want to play in winnipeg then I don't see why his dad would be wearing the jets hat during the entire world jr's and I don't see why he would be doing interviews with the free press or wst after the world jr's, I also think we would have heard about this well before now

the likely scenario and the one that makes the most sense is the one that we have been talking about which is he wants to be in the nhl and the jets don't want to guarantee him a spot, rather then he doesn't want to sign in winnipeg based off of nothing at all...

His dad probably got the hat for free and like most dads is just repping his kids potential future team. Doesn't make it a guarantee. If that had any indication as to anything he'd play for us and take it as it comes like every other prospect we have ever had.

He's doing interviews because that's what players do. Is he just supposed to tell the reporters to piss off?

It doesn't really make much sense at all when you think about it. There are only a handful of teams that will guarantee him a spot in the NHL. The vast majority of teams are going to tell him to make the team out of camp or go to the AHL.

That's the worst move I've seen yet.

Only thing of any real value there is the pick.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
probably saw his linemates getting time with bottom feeders like the blackhawks and bluejackets and thought he should be getting time as well

Sure, but thinking that he should make the roster is not the same as demanding that it be guaranteed before he plays a single pro game. Guaranteed means written in stone.

You can tell a player that there is a vacancy and that it is his to lose. That is far short of a guarantee.

I'm wondering just how much assurance was Rutger demanding because there is no such thing as a guarantee.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
His dad probably got the hat for free and like most dads is just repping his kids potential future team. Doesn't make it a guarantee. If that had any indication as to anything he'd play for us and take it as it comes like every other prospect we have ever had.

He's doing interviews because that's what players do. Is he just supposed to tell the reporters to piss off?

It doesn't really make much sense at all when you think about it. There are only a handful of teams that will guarantee him a spot in the NHL. The vast majority of teams are going to tell him to make the team out of camp or go to the AHL.
w/e I guess it's the city based on one random poster saying it, ignore everything else that points to it not being based on the city but rather where he starts his career

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
w/e I guess it's the city based on one random poster saying it, ignore everything else that points to it not being based on the city but rather where he starts his career
Devil’s advocate, Daximus’s point about Trouba is not missed. The story on Trouba all the way until he was traded was it was all about usage. Now, in that case it wasn’t a “I hate Winnipeg” thing, but it still ended up being different than the reported reasons.

Anyway, why we are in this position doesn’t much matter. If McGroarty is dead set about not signing here, and it certainly appears that way, Chevy needs to get fair value here. Thankfully, McGroarty’s value is probably higher than it’s ever been.

Reactions: Daximus

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Same thing was said about Trouba. It's just playing time, it's a playing time issue. Nope turns out he just had somewhere else in mind the entire time and was trying to be nice about it.

Reactions: voyageur

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Devil’s advocate, Daximus’s point about Trouba is not missed. The story on Trouba all the way until he was traded was it was all about usage. Now, in that case it wasn’t a “I hate Winnipeg” thing, but it still ended up being different than the reported reasons.

Anyway, why we are in this position doesn’t much matter. If McGroarty is dead set about not signing here, and it certainly appears that way, Chevy needs to get fair value here. Thankfully, McGroarty’s value is probably higher than it’s ever been.

Players and agents and people in general will lie to get what they want. They will also lie to hide a more ugly truth that they would rather not say. I think Rutger wants to move on plain and simple. The why doesn't really matter now.

Brings me back to the Beck, Anderson and a 2nd proposal for Dubois

Everytime we have to trade someone it's always for pennies on the dollar from everyone on social media and HF. Chevy may not always get full value but he always gets more than literally anyone else thinks he will.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

it was about usage initially, there was that press release from his agency about it. however, people were talking about his wife's medical career and condition before his trade too.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

yea, either way he wants out, but I just don't see the point in speculating that it's based on the city instead of the given reason based on of nothing at all, it's basically "trouba lied about his reason so mcgroaty can be lying as well"

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
yea, either way he wants out, but I just don't see the point in speculating that it's based on the city instead of the given reason based on of nothing at all, it's basically "trouba lied about his reason so mcgroaty can be lying as well"

There isn't really a point in debating it. Either way he wants out. The only thing that matters is where he's willing to sign.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Last edited:

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
idk, we selected connor who had a far better season and he had no problem spending time with the moose
It's not a hard rule either way. It's a risk.

When you take risks it can work out great and it can bite you in the ass. Hopefully Chevy is able to spin this negative into an positive like he has in the past.

It was said McG's name was brought up in trade talks and people immediately assume Chevy is shopping him and he won't sign here.
Maybe Chevy isn't shopping him and it was the other GMs that brought his name up?

Must be summer...
Guess none of us can say for sure but this does not sound like typical silly season rumour mill stuff. It sounds like Rutger has told us that I'm not signing with you, please move me...

Players and agents and people in general will lie to get what they want. They will also lie to hide a more ugly truth that they would rather not say. I think Rutger wants to move on plain and simple. The why doesn't really matter now.

Everytime we have to trade someone it's always for pennies on the dollar from everyone on social media and HF. Chevy may not always get full value but he always gets more than literally anyone else thinks he will.
Well said on both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad