Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
The Flyers seem to be a team that I could see us working a deal with. We know they scouted themselves a lot last season.

McGroarty likely wouldn’t pick the Flyers due to his buddy Gauthier wanting out, but he has no trade protection and the Flyers might feel they can entice Rutger to be a Flyer.

Ehlers+McGroarty

For

Konecny+2024 1st (Florida)

And if they want us to take Risto, they take Pionk and give us another pick.

Last edited:

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I know people don’t like trading within the division but if we got Rossi similar age and solves our 2C I wouldn’t mind it
I like the idea of getting someone like that who is young and already an NHLer, but a 5'9 center in the western Conference makes me a bit nervous.

Really liked him at the time of the draft and would have been happy with him at #10, looks like he overcame his health problems and had a 40 point season last year.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
I like the idea of getting someone like that who is young and already an NHLer, but a 5'9 center in the western Conference makes me a bit nervous.

Really liked him at the time of the draft and would have been happy with him at #10, looks like he overcame his health problems and had a 40 point season last year
I agree I feel like if we’re looking at C but as good options Zegras Rossi Necas rather go for a RHD but who knows Chevy could package ehlers and go for something bigger or McGroarty nets us a top 10 pick

James Lahey

Jun 24, 2015
Winnipeg

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Needless to say this McGroarty-Jiricek thing with us adding a bit seems both familiar, but also by far our best option.

I know they just ditched Vincent which hurt our chances of that happening. And have a new GM too. That one at least seems plausible though.

I think if Nik get traded and McG gets moved they will be separate deals
I think so too

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Saw it on the trade boards but I wonder if Ottawa would be willing to do Chychrun with an extension attached. He's a big bodied solid minute muncher. Can play both sides in a pinch but gives us an anchor for pairing #2. And is a upgrade over Dillon.

It would need to wait until July 1st but if we could add him for 5+ years that would be a pretty solid get.

Morrissey - DeMelo
Chycrun - Pionk
Heinola - X

Doesn't have to wait - if they can do a sign and trade.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Chychrun to me just doesn't fit our timeline any more. Can't see why he would extend here when he can just wait, get a trade at the deadline to a contender and try to cash in next year.

We need either someone under contract long term coming back or to be taking more high pedigree young but unproven NHLers who haven't broken out yet back. Someone we actually have control over. Unlike Rutger haha

Reactions: Huffer

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's at Chevy's cottage.... No wifi

In all seriousness the Columbus pick at 4 would really be interesting Dickinson from London should be there

Dickinson is ranked #8, so he certainly should be there, though you never know for sure.

I don't care that he is a lefty. 6'3, plays good D, and scores like he is 5'11. :heart:

Reactions: Luc Labelle

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
The Flyers seem to be a team that I could see us working a deal with. We know they scouted themselves a lot last season.

McGroarty likely wouldn’t pick the Flyers due to his buddy Gauthier wanting out, but he has no trade protection and the Flyers might feel they can entice Rutger to be a Flyer.

Ehlers+McGroarty

For

Konecny is a year away from UFA. I'd like a little more term than that.

Reactions: Huffer and hn777

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Doesn't have to wait - if they can do a sign and trade.

His final year doesn't kick in until July 1st. He "technically" still has 2 years remaining until then. So can't sign an extension until then.

Chychrun to me just doesn't fit our timeline any more. Can't see why he would extend here when he can just wait, get a trade at the deadline to a contender and try to cash in next year.

We need either someone under contract long term coming back or to be taking more high pedigree young but unproven NHLers who haven't broken out yet back. Someone we actually have control over. Unlike Rutger haha

He fits our core pretty solidly I think provided he comes with an extension.

He's only 26. Only a year older than Samberg.

Reactions: KingBogo

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

When players come here with a year or so remaining, it seems like they are keen on extending. Perhaps Chychrun may be tired to be w/ perennial losers, and w/ Helle we should be a PO contender each year.

idk how he doesn't fit? maybe contract status as you alluded to. but age wise he fits fine. he's b/w Morrissey and Samberg in age, and i think has shown glimpses of v good potential on shit teams & organizations in disarray. now idk how he would be a fit next to Pionk, hopefully Pionk is gone after this year. Morrissey-Chychrun-Samberg would be the left side for years to come. At that point, you can get move on from Heinola b/c there is probably a v low chance he is better than any of those 3 next year.

Last edited:

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
IF it is true that McGroarty did sour on this team because there isn’t a spot for him, then True North needs to take a step back and evaluate what they’re doing here. There’s no way a “draft and develop” team should lose their top prospect because he feels there isn’t a spot for him here.

Again, IF all this speculation is true … we really don’t know.
Exactly. Could just be other teams thinking he could be available and Chevy doing his diligence . Can’t not listen on any player if some team is willing to overpay. Doesn’t mean anything is close.

If Ehlers is moved to shore up the defense, deal Iafallo for a mid round pick to make cap space, then get McGroarty signed. No way he doesn’t cement himself a spot in camp.

If he’s a no show at development camp then we know it’s serious, otherwise it’s just speculation with hopeful vultures (GM’s) circling.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Long time till TC and a lot can happen in terms of openings on the roster, lets get thru the draft and any possible trades and free agency and then we might have a better idea

Reactions: Thechozen1

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Ehlers+McGroarty

For

That's not enough coming back and if we are taking Risto, they are adding three first rounders.

Konecny has 1 year left and rumor has it he is looking for a big payday.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well I guess we shall see by the end of the week for McGroarty. If he's dealt I expect it by the end of the draft.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Anyone else with thoughts on this? Played for the Ice, I'm sure our front office has seen him quite a bit. It has to be close to a one for one? Then move Ehlers for a top 4 Dman.
Why would buffalo make that trade?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
When players come here with a year or so remaining, it seems like they are keen on extending. Perhaps Chychrun may be tired to be w/ perennial losers, and w/ Helle we should be a PO contender each year.

idk how he doesn't fit? maybe contract status as you alluded to. but age wise he fits fine. he's b/w Morrissey and Samberg in age, and i think has shown glimpses of v good potential on shit teams & organizations in disarray. now idk how he would be a fit next to Pionk, hopefully Pionk is gone after this year. Morrissey-Chychrun-Samberg would be the left side for years to come. At that point, you can get move on from Heinola b/c there is probably a v low chance he is better than any of those 3 next year.
Chychrun seems a lot to me like what post Winnipeg Trouba would be like. Good player, but not a #1 or good enough to carry a 2nd pair on a contender. And getting paid the most someone would give him.

Part of me thinks we could throw Heinola up with Morrissey and let him figure it out and we would be just as well off. Just my hunch nothing real to back it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad