Rumor: All Purpose Trade Proposals, Speculation and Rumours - 2023/24

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
No, Nelson is 33 when the season starts and has a year left.

I just can't see them making a deal that we would be happy about and no way you are getting either Dobson or Romanov out of them. I don't think Pulock wants to come back here and Pelech is kind of meh for me.

Maybe they add in LA's 1st instead or a third team is involved but we really need to fill out the 2nd line center spot next year more so then the defense(i mean if they sign Demelo if not well that is an issue as well)

Reactions: roccerfeller

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I just can't see them making a deal that we would be happy about and no way you are getting either Dobson or Romanov out of them. I don't think Pulock wants to come back here and Pelech is kind of meh for me.

Maybe they add in LA's 1st instead or a third team is involved but we really need to fill out the 2nd line center spot next year more so then the defense(i mean if they sign Demelo if not well that is an issue as well)

Yeah I don't see a world where we're happy with an NYI return. I can see them maybe want to move on from one of Pelech or Pulock, but Pelech is a left shot and has an NTC and Pulock also has an NTC and seems to be settling into Long Island and it's doubtful he waives that.

I get Nelson fills an immediate need but it's another one year solution.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Yeah I don't see a world where we're happy with an NYI return. I can see them maybe want to move on from one of Pelech or Pulock, but Pelech is a left shot and has an NTC and Pulock also has an NTC and seems to be settling into Long Island and it's doubtful he waives that.

I get Nelson fills an immediate need but it's another one year solution.
Tough to say about ntc. I could see him possibly waiving it to come home.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Its very very rare and considered to be poor taste and the NHL hates it if you do

I really don't know what to expect from the Jets its super quiet

A couple of scouts I know that don't work for the Jets figure this off season is going to be very busy. Lots of cap space for a lot of teams which hasn't happened in a while. Utah wants to be competitive now and is open for business and has the assets to make deals, Anaheim might end up going through a 2nd rebuild if they move on Zegras and build around Carlsson/Gauthier/Whoever they draft this year, Nashville thinks they can compete next year and want to add now, Calgary for whatever reason doesn't want to rebuild and are basically stuck with Huberdeau/Kadri probably won't do much until they get to a new rink, Then you have all these teams that could be good like Buffalo/Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto/ET... and none of them have a goalie.

So I expect some fireworks up to and at the draft
Interesting.

The Jets have a lot of work to do just to rebuild their D. If you add the need to make a move on their 2C situation (Monahan or another option), and the Ehlers trade situation, Chevy has a ton of moves to make. Luckily, the Jets have a healthy cap situation going forward and some of their key players under contract. I think the big unknown going forward is whether the Jets can convince any key UFAs to sign with the Jets. Trying to fill all of their key holes via trades would be tough and expensive.

If they can re-sign DeMelo and Monahan, then they would perhaps need to get a top-4 D or equivalent in free agency to have an efficient off-season. Roy would be a really good fit, but he's probably going to have a ton of suitors.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Agents leak potential trades in order to get one team moving on it

So many NTC on the Islanders it seems unlikely a deal gets done unless it involves a 3rd team.

Would you be happy with Brock Nelson + 2nd for Ehlers?

Pulock would be the only “need -> fit” situation and I agree with others he doesn’t seem keen to leave Long Island

Otherwise I don’t see anything that is an upgrade or upside vs an Ehlers signed long term with us in terms of moving the roster forward

Nelson at 33….and then we are stuck again next year…. Just no (and I do like Nelson)

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Romanov is the only roster player that I'd be interested in that doesn't have a NTC. So, maybe a player will waive, but I'm skeptical. Nelson would fit the Jets' needs next season, but not much beyond (and he has a NTC, so...).

Murat has been suggesting that the Jets might look at a pick / prospect return for Ehlers, for what it's worth. Isles would need to move out some salary to do that, but maybe the TB 1st (#20 overall), plus a prospect, plus a player (cap purposes).

Maybe... 1st (#20 overall) + Nelson (#49 pick in 2023) + Cizikas (3x$2.5M)

I think that value favours the Isles, depending on how good a prospect Nelson might be. Maybe the Isles add a 2nd round pick, too.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019

Lots of teams need RHD, so maybe Pullock waives for somewhere desirable and that team can somehow fill a need for us with some younger, cost controlled assets. Maybe Philly with Frost/Drysdale?

For that kind of value, Ehlers would have to sign an extension in NYI obviously

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lots of teams need RHD, so maybe Pullock waives for somewhere desirable and that team can somehow fill a need for us with some younger, cost controlled assets. Maybe Philly with Frost/Drysdale?

For that kind of value, Ehlers would have to sign an extension in NYI obviously
Yes, I think that for something to work for the Jets with the Isles, it seems that they might need to get a 3rd team involved because they have so many NTC on their roster.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Tough to say about ntc. I could see him possibly waiving it to come home.

From what I've seen from Islanders fans, he's settling down in NYI with his fiancee from that area. He re-signed for 7 years with an M-NTC. I don't see any reason for waiving to come here except he's from the province and I don't think that really has the pull people think it does.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yes, I think that for something to work for the Jets with the Isles, it seems that they might need to get a 3rd team involved because they have so many NTC on their roster.

It will be interesting to see what way they go. They went for now pieces for Dubois, but a more hybrid deal for Trouba.

My guess is on another hybrid type trade. A 1st plus lower rated NHL player.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If the Jets get back futures for Ehlers, it would be interesting if they reached out to TB about a futures deal for Cirelli (if TB does move him, although they could probably find another way to sort out their cap).

Not a high point producer, but would bring excellent defense into the top 6.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I don’t get all the negativity towards Ehlers, like at all.
He plays with passion and he doesn’t shy away from the rough stuff.
He’s one of the most exciting skaters in the league.
The Jets knew what they had when they selected him so not sure why:

A. They have kept him as long as they have.
B. Figured out how best to use him.

That’s not an Ehlers problem that’s an organizational problem.

Well said

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not a single one of our players are perfect, they all have flaws but I can largely live with those flaws. Ehlers just happens to be the one who continually underpreforms in the playoffs. It's a striking difference between the two. So much so it makes you question whether you are looking at the same player. And although it's a small sample size it's a glaring one that isn't true about any of our other players. A good chunk of them take a dip in the playoffs, a few of them get better, but none of them have such a massive canyon between their regular season performance vs. their playoff performance than Ehlers. It's a Grand Canyon between the two.

I'm a huge Ehlers fan, Heck I joined this forum after scouting out the 2014 draft on my own to see who we would take and being enamoured with Ehlers as our pick. It gave me a tonne of hope that we could turn this franchise around and he would be a cornerstone piece. I have a signed Ehlers rookie jersey in a custom shadowbox, a tonne of cards and Ehlers related memorabilia that I proudly display in my game room and will continue to proudly display if and when he leaves. I don't hate Ehlers. I love this team though and I think it's the best move going forward to move on from him. It's gonna be tough and I fully expect that he could blossom elsewhere and maybe even be a key contributer on a playoff team that wins a Cup. But I don't think it's here.

I don't know. To many factors between now and then that I can't account for. Nobody has all the answers. All I can say is that we will be okay, you can believe me if you want or not. It's your call to make.

OK, sure. But wouldn't it be better to find a way to make Ehlers more effective in the PO? It is a striking difference. That suggests to me that it is fixable.

That said, I think that ship has sailed and it is time to get what we can for him.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Romanov is the only roster player that I'd be interested in that doesn't have a NTC. So, maybe a player will waive, but I'm skeptical. Nelson would fit the Jets' needs next season, but not much beyond (and he has a NTC, so...).

Murat has been suggesting that the Jets might look at a pick / prospect return for Ehlers, for what it's worth. Isles would need to move out some salary to do that, but maybe the TB 1st (#20 overall), plus a prospect, plus a player (cap purposes).

Maybe... 1st (#20 overall) + Nelson (#49 pick in 2023) + Cizikas (3x$2.5M)

I think that value favours the Isles, depending on how good a prospect Nelson might be. Maybe the Isles add a 2nd round pick, too.
Whatever he does, I hope Chevy manages to snag a 1st in the 14-24 range along with a now player. I really hate not having a 1st round pick. Doesn’t matter how deep a draft is or not , the excitement of watching really takes a hit without one.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
I agree fully with this conclusion - but that`s what makes a deal unlikely. Chevy`s track record doesn`t include many 3-way deals at all, does it? Just seems like something he doesn`t normallly get involved in, for reasons known only to himself.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If the Jets get back futures for Ehlers, it would be interesting if they reached out to TB about a futures deal for Cirelli (if TB does move him, although they could probably find another way to sort out their cap).

Not a high point producer, but would bring excellent defense into the top 6.
Cirelli is really interesting.
Give everything we get for Ehlers to TB and add Barron (50% retained) and a 1st for Cirelli.
He's one of the best defensive forwards in the league. I'd rather him than Lindholm even if Lindholm has more O.
Lindholm will be costly and he is 3 years older than Cirelli.
Cirelli has 7 more years at 6.25m and is 26 years old. He has no NTC/NMC clause yet because he isn't old enough.

KFC Cirelli Volare would be a nice line.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Islanders have three good RD in Pulock, Dobson, and Mayfield. Pulock makes the most senses . Their defence prospect pool isn't anything spectacular either

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
From what I've seen from Islanders fans, he's settling down in NYI with his fiancee from that area. He re-signed for 7 years with an M-NTC. I don't see any reason for waiving to come here except he's from the province and I don't think that really has the pull people think it does.
He's a small town country boy that's very close to his friends and family. Not saying he wants to but wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad