Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In the OHL tonight:

Flint 10 Guelph 3 ...Gavin Hayes 2g 2a +3 ...7 shots on goal for Flint.

Sarnia 9 Windsor 6...Ethan Del Mastro 3a but was -2 (it was I surmise a pond hockey game ot trying to outscore each other with fancy play instead of hard defending..not what coaches like from teams heading to playoffs soon).

Last edited:
Reactions: tioelcomoto

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Korchinski and Colton Dach both with an assist so far. Seattle up 4-0 in the 3rd period.

Sam Savoie with an assist in a 5-1 Gatineau win.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And despite a 4 point night 1g 3a +3 and a 6-5 OT win for Regina over Red Deer ,CONNOR BEDARD was NOT one of the 3 stars of the game....probably because he ONLY got 3 shots on goal and was a horrible 5/17 on draws...I guess he need 5 points like his prior game not 4 anymore to get a star.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Pavel Golobev scored tonight in the Hogs 2-1 SO win overall Laval...Cam Hillis had one of the two SO goals

Two of our newest AHL acquisitions!

Maxim Golod had 2 goals in 2 games for the Indy Fuel! Rockford could maybe see him as well?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Korchinski and Colton Dach both with an assist so far. Seattle up 4-0 in the 3rd period.

Sam Savoie with an assist in a 5-1 Gatineau win.

Did something happen to Dach - I watched the game and he was very noticeable in the first when he got the assist but I didn't see him in the 3rd period and maybe not the 2nd period too.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On fire = to assists by most Hawks prospects i the pipeline...There are not a lot of Goal scorers...

It negs the question ...if most Hawks prospects usually only score 1 goal IF they score goalsxat all in games,do we not need to draft Bedard or Fantilli who fill the bets with multi-goal games ,Hattiesburg or even capable of 4 goal games?

Else we need 4 lines of just 1 goal scorers choping in every 2nd night or 3rd night..frpm22 forwards and at least 1 dman?

You cannot have great assistguys with nobodyto finish..

Why we Desperately need Bedard or Fantilli...they fill news with GOAKS..Assists they get woukd be great if we find wingers to finish off theircset-ups..

Sure Gavin Hayes had 2 goals lsst night...But he is not a 50 goal scorer in Juniors......projected to finish with 35 goals ...And we had Sam Savoie during his hot period have some 2 goal games...but he seems to have cooled off from that..not scoring that many goals lately...perhaps his role shifted as they seem to be featuring 2 older vets tgey acquired at tradexdeadkine in goal scoring almost every game now...muti-goal scoring..

AND on the back end...none of our top D prospects are big goal scoring dmen...

But otger NHK teans di have high volume Goak scorers in their pipeline...some at forwards...some with dmen..
Not us...

So we DESOERATELY
need high volume Goal scoring ability...

Sure...you can score by Committee with 1 goal form 5 or 6 goals a night and win if you have depth in 1 goal capable chip in guys every 2ndvir 3rd game...But better if you also have tge suoerstar Goal scorers update the top of the Goal scoring leader board...Nerd 1 of those maybec2 ...And you need 1 dman scoribg a kitvof goals from the point...We do not have any like that.

Last edited:

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
DE92931B-DF36-4DDE-B221-A3F3E3711768.jpeg
E5D0ACE3-05D4-43D8-8909-196FE0CC9EDE.jpeg
04CD97C8-7A73-4E79-A502-2E251DAB866D.jpeg

Goal by Gogolev
Assists by Welinski and howarth

Reactions: Putt Pirate

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sam Rinzel 1g 0a -1 today in Waterloo loss.

#Crashing for Celebrini '24....2g 2a +2 for the next draft#1 in a Chicago Steel win today ...yup ..right back next season for Tank 2.0 to get this guy in the 2024 Draft...

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
# BadforBedard today changes to #BedardBad...had his worst game of the season today as Saskatoon crushed Regina 5-2...Bedard was held to ZERO points and was -5...talka about ab "off" night..only got 4 shots on goal ...

That poster who put up the Bedard in a Blackhawks jersey photoshop image might want to change it to Fantilli in a Bkackhawks jersey photosgop image ..

Probably an oddity..but still it shows he may not be Superman...at least not every single night..

We shall see if he rebounds next game.

Meanwhile 1st star of the gamefor Saskatoon was Egor Sidorov who was not selected last draft (turns 19 this June) scored 2g +3 and 9 shots on goal...scored vhis 39th and 40th goals of the season in 49GP ...He is +26 for the season LW 6'0 180 lbs..

..he is ona heater scoring lately...10 goals 13a in last 11GP ....for the season 40 g 34a +26 might be a target for our last pick in round 2 ...was only ranked as a mid to late 3rd rounder in mid-term rankings but having a terrific 2nd half...may be considered for late 2nd now...Goal scoring wingers...Also a need for us...

He is a Belorussian..

Last edited:

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
How has Filip Roos been doing down in the A? I dont watch any AHL games, hence my question(s). Thanks in advance

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Ohio State wins Gane 3 of their best of 3 Big Ten quarter-final series knocking off Penn Stae by a 3-1score this afternoon...Jake Wise 1 a for Ohio State who advance to play Michigam in the Semi-Final .

Landon Slaggert pointless in an elimination 3rd game l4-2 oss by Norre Dane to Michigan State in their best of 3 qurater-final..
Michigan State advance to Semi-Final vs.Minnesota.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Interesting fact:

Bedard only 10th in WHL in PowerPlayy GOALS... Ranks 5th in PP assists..

This is actually good showing how great he is at Even Strength goal scoring.

Reactions: Pertti

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Kaiser and Commesso to me are locks. Slaggert has struggled this year but I am still a fan of his. So he’s probably more then likely to sign.
Rolston and Basse probably head back for another year. Both have had solid seasons to date. Liam Gorman probably sticks till he graduates and then signs.
Wise is very interesting. Sign him and have him burn this season and then he gets next year to see his future. Basically one more year after this until the inflated draft classes need deals.

Did you have a source on Gorman signing? That would be a bit surprising.

Given that he has a year of eligibility remaining, I thought he'd be starting graduate school elsewhere and playing there - much like several former Tigers have done in the past. Apparently that's not an option in the Ivy League.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Did you have a source on Gorman signing? That would be a bit surprising.

Given that he has a year of eligibility remaining, I thought he'd be starting graduate school elsewhere - much like several former Tigers have done in the past. Apparently that's not an option in the Ivy League.
No source but the current Gm did trade a 6th round pick to Pittsburgh to get his rights at the draft.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Ohio State beat Penn State 5-1...Jake Wise 1a

Boston U. Beat Providence 6-4...Ryan Greene 1a

Michigan scored with 15 seconds left in 3rd period to tie Wisconsin 5-5 and are now in a 20 minute OT period ...Fantilli had 2 of the Michigan goals ...

Notre Dame beat Michigan State 1-0 ..
No point for Landon Slaggert.

While scouting based on the scoresheet is usually not the most accurate barometer, is there a reason for Slaggert's numbers to be down this season (nagging injures, different responsibilities)?

Seems like with a big season he may have been someone to sign.

Disappointing end of the season for the Irish.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
While scouting based on the scoresheet is usually not the most accurate barometer, is there a reason for Slaggert's numbers to be down this season (nagging injures, different responsibilities)?

Seems like with a big season he may have been someone to sign.

Disappointing end of the season for the Irish.
I believe his coach said hes been snake bitten all year and its been weighing on him. I believe he said hes been playing the same just isnt getting the cookies and apples like previously.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Riku Tohiks had been in a big slump in February...

On Saturday he had 1g1a in ain for Jyvaskyla U20...1st 2 points in lastc19GP...

My guess is that he got less icetime and featured top 2 line role as some older vet players or star players cane back from injuries they had earlier in the season or perhaps back from loans to tge Mestis league affiliate ...

So either his role changed from what it was I tge first half ...or he really did slump on his own and tgey dropped him down to a lower line..Thec2cpayers that got assists on his goal,I do not recognize as doing mich scoribg on his goals earlier this season....

Any way hope he rfaibs the form he had scoring goals at a good pace in the first half of his season.. nice to see him off the schneid.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

“It has really translated onto the ice,” said Mark Eaton, the Hawks’ assistant general manager overseeing development. “He’s playing the best hockey that I’ve seen him play in three years since we drafted him.

“It has been a steady rise in his play. He has had a long year with development camp [in July], then World Juniors in August right into Duluth’s season, really without any break, and he looks faster and stronger than ever.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad