Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v15.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Yeah, there is a low chance of success, but you should know there is a low rate of success and just swing for some extremely talented person on the lower end of the age pool and hope they surprise you. Taking a 20 year old overager is like taking a low chance and making it even lower.

I don't think this is necessarily true at all. Most prospects have not shown their peak potential at 17/18. If the draft was at 19 instead of 18, you'd see some wildly different results -- especially in rounds 2-7. I think the 6/7th rounds are fine places to pick up overage players.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Jaylen Luypen and Edmonton failed to close out the series with Seattle forvthe WHL Championship by losing 3-2 in Game 5 at home on Saturday...so Game 6 goes tonight (Monday June 13th) in Seattle.
Of note Seattle Center Jared Davidson had 1 assist but was 17/25 on draws (68%) ...hecwss over 57% on draws for the season.. Undrafted ......possible 6th or 7t rounder where you target older juniors?

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Congrats to Jaylen Luypen and his Edmonton Oil Kings for winning the WHL Championship last night in Game 6 of their Final series with Seattle Thunderbirds...
The score was 2-0 ...

The Oil Kings now move on to the Memorial Cup Tournament ..

The gamexwss in Edmonton even though Seattle was home team for this game because their areba in Seattle was booked for other events this week.

Si Seattle faced this elimination game without their home crowd support.

Edmonton showed superior speed and depth of talent in this game despite not playing with tgeir best player and scorer Dykan Guenther who was injured .

Seattle played wothout one of its best pkayers ,its captain ...

Jaylen Luypen did not figure it thw scoring but showed tenacity and clearly he loves to go to the crease and scrim for loose pucks...not a scared perimeter p***y lije somany current Blackhawks forwards are...also he was terrific on the pk ...but I was even more impressed with Luypen's linemate Jaxsen Wiebe who is about 6'0.5 203 lbs ....undraftedx20 yr old
.showed goid speed...tenacity to hunt for loose pucks and goid checker firecheckvand back -check plusvhe threw some big hits...physical..Hawks might want to take a flyer on him as freexagent.. I can imagine a kinevof Skaggeet at C withLuyoen and Wiebe on the wings woukd be a terrific bird line giving team fits ofctgey do not match the tenacity they could.

produce.

I thought Cente Jared Davidson and Winger Reid Schaeffer of Seattle would be better ...but I saw they are not fast enough skaters to be successful at the NHL level ..Davidson was very good in draws again but skating speed is his main flaw.

Tge gamexwas shown on TV on Rogers Sportsnet here in Canada...

The announcers kept talking up Kaiden Ghule and hishow his 8 goals in the playoffs matched his goal outpitcalk season ..The drafted 1st rounder was a stalwart on the Edmonton D ..by far tge most NHL ready and best pkayer in this game.. very very good defensively and threw several thunderous hits...but Blackhawks gans should note that our draftee Louis Crevier who wss onlyvac7th rounder also had a terrific pkayoffs for Quebec with his 8 goals and defensive play too...just saying..

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Congrats to Jaylen Luypen and his Edmonton Oil Kings for winning the WHL Championship last night in Game 6 of their Final series with Seattle Thunderbirds...
The score was 2-0 ...

The Oil Kings now move on to the Memorial Cup Tournament ..

The gamexwss in Edmonton even though Seattle was home team for this game because their areba in Seattle was booked for other events this week.

Si Seattle faced this elimination game without their home crowd support.

Edmonton showed superior speed and depth of talent in this game despite not playing with tgeir best player and scorer Dykan Guenther who was injured .

Seattle played wothout one of its best pkayers ,its captain ...

Jaylen Luypen did not figure it thw scoring but showed tenacity and clearly he loves to go to the crease and scrim for loose pucks...not a scared perimeter p***y lije somany current Blackhawks forwards are...also he was terrific on the pk ...but I was even more impressed with Luypen's linemate Jaxsen Wiebe who is about 6'0.5 203 lbs ....undraftedx20 yr old
.showed goid speed...tenacity to hunt for loose pucks and goid checker firecheckvand back -check plusvhe threw some big hits...physical..Hawks might want to take a flyer on him as freexagent.. I can imagine a kinevof Skaggeet at C withLuyoen and Wiebe on the wings woukd be a terrific bird line giving team fits ofctgey do not match the tenacity they could.

produce.

I thought Cente Jared Davidson and Winger Reid Schaeffer of Seattle would be better ...but I saw they are not fast enough skaters to be successful at the NHL level ..Davidson was very good in draws again but skating speed is his main flaw.

Tge gamexwas shown on TV on Rogers Sportsnet here in Canada...

The announcers kept talking up Kaiden Ghule and hishow his 8 goals in the playoffs matched his goal outpitcalk season ..The drafted 1st rounder was a stalwart on the Edmonton D ..by far tge most NHL ready and best pkayer in this game.. very very good defensively and threw several thunderous hits...but Blackhawks gans should note that our draftee Louis Crevier who wss onlyvac7th rounder also had a terrific pkayoffs for Quebec with his 8 goals and defensive play too...just saying..
Don't think Bauer is Tbirds' best player. KK, Hanzel and Knazko are already better D-men than him. And Milic is solid as a goalie.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
08F24011-7DC8-4FDA-A39C-6AE49A3C2EEF.jpeg

Reactions: MileHighHawksFan

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I'm so confused by this tournament coming up in August. I thought the idea was that everyone who would have played in the December tournament would be eligible. Yet these rosters are coming out and there seem to be some big names not attending. Anyone know why Commesso won't be there for the US?

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
US hockey didn't invite DeBrincat one year or am I misremembering?

Yeah he played for them in his draft year, got a spearing penalty against Canada I believe. The US overall didn't fare well in the tournament with DeBrincat only scoring a single goal. The following year, they just didn't invite him.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
Hopefully with Commesso he just isn't able to attend the camp but will be available in August for the tournament.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Edmonton Oil Kings beat Saint John Sea Dogs 4-3 in 3x3 OT last might...They lost their 1st game of the tournament on Tuesday to Shawinigan Cataracts..

Jaylen Luypen had 1 a and was -1for the game last night...He played LW..

20 yr old undraftedJaxen Wiebe was player of the game with a hat trick including the OT winner..

He is a 6'0 209 lb C/RW shoots R...feisty player...got into a terrific Haymarket fight too...He plays ays either at C or RW on Luypen's line ...playing C in this game...won 7/10 draws he took.

Lupen had 5 shoots on goal including 2 clear break away chances to end it earlier in the OT but was stopped by tge Sea dogs goalie.. also had a break-away chance in the 5xt but failed to beat the Sea Dogs' goalie.. He played well but needs to finish chances better.

Weibe impressed me again.. I had raved about him and hisbpjay in the Seattle series to win the WHL Championship..

Though Wiebe only had 10 g and 26ca in regukar seadon pkay,Edmonton has had to shuffle lines and roles since tgeir top forward star Dylan Guenther has been out with injury...I am notcsure if Guenther will be able to pkay any games ofvthe Memmoriak Cup.

In any case Wiebe has elevated his game and I think he works well with Lutpen in the normal 5x5 ...

I would try to sign him for Hawks if he is a free agent.. unsure whether he still must go through the 2022 draft.. He has a May 16th birthdate(2092 born).

If he must go through the draft certainly worth a late round pick if needed.

I just like what I see of Wiebe....goes hardcto the net...forechecks ...good speed from what I see.. feisty ..not soft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad