Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v11.0: The D Man Cometh

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
There is no way all of Jokiharju Boqvist Mitchell Krys and Beaudin Wil ALL ever be in the same lineup in the show...

No NHL team has ever gone with 5 smaller pmd types with skating and skill but lacking in the size and muscle arts for competent boards play and crease clearing and shot blocking defense..1 Connor Murphy will NOT be enough (and he is only average for a size guy)

You need a balance...some of these prospects will get traded as Stan told us when he drafted so many of the same smaller skilled pmd types.

Unless Stan thinks he can win games 10-9 I doubt he will ever see the 5 pmd wet dream some posters on this board appear to envisage for our future. .It will never happen ...nor should bit ever happen..We need a proper r balance including proficient pk den who can block shots..clear properly. .and shove guysvoff screeningboyr goalie.

3 pmd types should be sufficient but the other 3 of the top 6 have to be a mix of 3 way types and sah den and these 3 gotta be proficient on the pk.

Using historical context to project future NHL maxims is not a good idea because the game has continued to evolve/change and lately the trend is younger and faster with less emphasis on size. What "used to be" isn't necessarily what "will be".

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Jokiharju scored in a Rockford win today. His 2nd goal finally. I loved his play but with a lot or discussion about the other prospects and how JC has made choices about some players I still could see a Mitchell or Boqvist actually getting to play in the nhl over him next year. Dependent on production of offense.

I think Joker for sure would be better and safer 5on5 but if one of the offensive guys lights up preseason maybe they'll get to play instead because of offensive output

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Maxim Shalunov had 2 apples in a 3-1 win by CSKA Moscow over SKA St.Petersburg in KHL semi-final game today. ..CSKA leads series 2-0.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As to ball our prospects in the pipeline on D ...they have potential but remain suspects till they prove they can be special diffenerebce-makers and not "just another 4-7 guy ..that is if they make and stay in the show. .

Which is why the one with the highest cwiking= Boqvist ,you do not want to rush given he is the youngest and has more physical development to go before he is pro ready. .Any talk of him making the Hawks next season is ridiculous ..He needs another year in junior even if and Because he can and should dominate the OH next season...better than rushing him to physically vattle the men in the show or even in the AHL..
You simply do not want to rush young dmen (he barely turns 19 just before the start of next season. .

So let us not have any more silky notions about Boqvist in the show next season.

But even projecting what Boqvist might be at age 20 when we could see him take a real run at a spot with the Hawks for the 2920/21 season ...he probably starts the season in Rockford because there could be a lock-out or walk-out after the CBA ends early (which I am sure the NHL PA will notify for by the September deadline this fall and would mean CBA endsafter 2019/29 season is played out...

Thus Boqvist could play half a season in Rockford if new CBA takes as long as late Dec. Or early January to be agreed to then...

So his NHL ETA probably might not be before mud season of 2020/21 ...

But in my mind Boqvist still gas a long way to go to equal the super stud d-man impact Colorado will get when Cale Makar decides to go for the show ...IF UMASS wins Frozen Four then he may cone out for this coming season..If he joins Colorado and they get Hughes or Jakko via the Ottawa pickand another 1st rounder with their own pick they will be a super club with that much talent infusion coming in ..

Right now Boqvist has a king way to go to be the impact player Makar is in the NCAA ..but we must remember Makar already is 20 years old.

I want to see how much more another year brings to Boqvist in physical growth and strength plus how much he develops his talent and leadership in London when Bouchard will nit be there next season and the Knights become his team as he becomes "The Guy"...II wNt to see development in confidence and leadership skills as well as Co to using talent development.

It would be crazy to expect Boqvist to have any leadership or even much confidence if he has to fave NHL pressure after barely turning 19 and with only 1 season in the OHL ..

Most pundits cover g the Haw KS expect him back in London for a 2nd season. AND THEN probably gets his feet wet as a pro in Rockford while the NHL is in lock-out for had a season I 2020/21.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Mitchell will now be unable to sign his ELC until after his season ends which will be when the Hawks season ends..he can still sign, but we will not see him in Rockford unless they are in the playoffs, but not sure if he can sign an PTO with Rockford if they are already in the playoffs - not sure if rosters have to be submitted in the AHL like they do NHL prior to playoffs starting.

Reactions: Hawksfly2gether

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Nardella and Morris both should sign their ELC asap so they can burn a year off,...happy as **** to do that, and if he helps to sign Morris, bring them both in as a package deal
Package deal would be a brilliant move. They've been together the past 2 years so it would probably be enticing for them to stick together.

We've got lots of expiring Rockford contracts so it's not a problem.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Package deal would be a brilliant move. They've been together the past 2 years so it would probably be enticing for them to stick together.

We've got lots of expiring Rockford contracts so it's not a problem.
yeah for sure, but do we have open contracts now to even sign one or the other? not sure our contract total for right now...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Nardella a local kid with his old man playing years for the Wolves likely would sign with us without thinking twice - but another smaller PMD that would be in a crowded field - he might look for somewhere else without as many bodies to be honest.

Reactions: bwana63

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Nardella a local kid with his old man playing years for the Wolves likely would sign with us without thinking twice - but another smaller PMD that would be in a crowded field - he might look for somewhere else without as many bodies to be honest.

Yes, makes no sense to sign with the Hawks. Don't think we'll pursue him, given the circumstances.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Mitchell will now be unable to sign his ELC until after his season ends which will be when the Hawks season ends..he can still sign, but we will not see him in Rockford unless they are in the playoffs, but not sure if he can sign an PTO with Rockford if they are already in the playoffs - not sure if rosters have to be submitted in the AHL like they do NHL prior to playoffs starting.

Worst case: sucks for him, great for the Hawks. As far as suiting up (as a pro) this season, no big deal.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yes, makes no sense to sign with the Hawks. Don't think we'll pursue him, given the circumstances.
I would definitely do it if the kid wanted to sign here and that helped getting Morris to sign as well...but, crowded field and I am sure he is more worried about his own career and not playing pro with his buddy Morris. you can never have enough young dmen in the system so Hawks would welcome him here, kid better be prepared for a fight if he did sign here.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
yeah for sure, but do we have open contracts now to even sign one or the other? not sure our contract total for right now...
We're at 47/50

Johnson, Reese, and Krys bring us to 50 when their contracts kick in next season.

Forsberg is expiring so if we sign Morris you can drop him.

Campbell and Davidson are defenders that are expiring so Mitchell and Nardella can be the signings that replace them.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would definitely do it if the kid wanted to sign here and that helped getting Morris to sign as well...but, crowded field and I am sure he is more worried about his own career and not playing pro with his buddy Morris. you can never have enough young dmen in the system so Hawks would welcome him here, kid better be prepared for a fight if he did sign here.
He is a LHD so maybe there's a chance. If he was a RHD, not a chance would he sign in Chicago. As of now he has to beat out Forsling and Krys. Maybe Carlsson. Beaudin needs a full year in Rockford before he comes up so he's not a threat to Nardella right away.

I'd totally understand if he doesn't want to, but if he's confident in his abilities, it's not like he's got Boqvist or Mitchell or Jokiharju in his way.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Problem is Boqvist might play on the left side here as a RH shot considering that's where he's most comfortable and that's where he's playing with the Knights.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Problem is Boqvist might play on the left side here as a RH shot considering that's where he's most comfortable and that's where he's playing with the Knights.
That's true.

We'll see what happens. Gus could get moved next trade deadline if he requires a big payday. Then a spot opens up. I don't think Forsling becomes much more than he already is so he's not a roster lock. Nardella could also play here for a bit and ask for a trade if it doesn't work out. Anyway it isn't a big deal if he doesn't sign here. Just would be nice.

Reactions: clydesdale line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad