All-Purpose News Thread Part II

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Second straight NJPW Strong Women’s champion to drop the belt and bolt as soon as possible

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
TK should probably not work with CMLL or at the very least give them that level of shine until they get their shit in order with their contracts lol
I had thought about that, but their champion did put over one of yours.

However, everyone wanted her to get over, and preferably for your program.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t blame her, look what AEW has done with Kamile (literally nothing). It’s almost like TK signed her solely to keep her away from WWE

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's also the price of doing business with talent outside your company. You don't control them or their contracts. You can only offer them a fair deal and hope they want to sign with you.

WWE and AEW are both doing these partnerships with smaller companies in part to poach talent, but it's not a guarantee.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don’t blame her, look what AEW has done with Kamile (literally nothing). It’s almost like TK signed her solely to keep her away from WWE
I mean I feel like you can cherry pick people that have been signed by both companies and had things not go well lmao we also have no idea what is actually going on with Kamile.

It's also the price of doing business with talent outside your company. You don't control them or their contracts. You can only offer them a fair deal and hope they want to sign with you.

WWE and AEW are both doing these partnerships with smaller companies in part to poach talent, but it's not a guarantee.
Right...but it is a little bit different if all CMLL contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on and if AEW features the person on their biggest shows....Hunter can call them up and have them on WWE TV a week later. That is a pretty good reason to maybe pull back on that one in my opinion.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and Fro

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

More details from cagesideseats.com:

It’s important to note here that Kemp was not cut but rather WWE simply chose not to renew his contract, something we’re seeing more and more of in recent times. He most recently appeared on, well, the most recent episode of NXT television. He had been working as a member of the No Quarter Catch Crew in the midst of a four year run on the developmental brand.

Kemp is the younger brother of Gable Steveson, who was cut by WWE back in May. As talented as the two brothers are in their respective ways, it seems the company has decided it has no creative direction for them in the future. Kemp is still just 25-years-old, however, giving him plenty of time to carve out a space in the industry elsewhere.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean I feel like you can cherry pick people that have been signed by both companies and had things not go well lmao we also have no idea what is actually going on with Kamile.

Right...but it is a little bit different if all CMLL contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on and if AEW features the person on their biggest shows....Hunter can call them up and have them on WWE TV a week later. That is a pretty good reason to maybe pull back on that one in my opinion.
Well they signed her like 6 months ago and she’s literally done nothing and she seems to be getting annoyed by it

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

It’s important to note here that Kemp was not cut but rather WWE simply chose not to renew his contract, something we’re seeing more and more of in recent times. He most recently appeared on, well, the most recent episode of NXT television. He had been working as a member of the No Quarter Catch Crew in the midst of a four year run on the developmental brand.

Kemp is the younger brother of Gable Steveson, who was cut by WWE back in May. As talented as the two brothers are in their respective ways, it seems the company has decided it has no creative direction for them in the future. Kemp is still just 25-years-old, however, giving him plenty of time to carve out a space in the industry elsewhere.

It's a shame that they cut his brother loose so soon, I feel like there was a missed opportunity for a main roster feud with Chad Gable over who was the Head of the Gable

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Well they signed her like 6 months ago and she’s literally done nothing and she seems to be getting annoyed by it
Right….but we don’t actually know the why lol just assuming Tony signed her to keep her away from WWE and then park her for no reason is a pretty wild leap to make. It’s probably something boring like creative differences.

Reactions: Fro

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Right….but we don’t actually know the why lol just assuming Tony signed her to keep her away from WWE and then park her for no reason is a pretty wild leap to make. It’s probably something boring like creative differences.
I mean if you’re gonna sign somebody and then not use them at all then wtf was the point of signing them?

To me it’s pretty clear they didn’t want her going to the competition so they paid her a bunch of money without actually having a plan for her

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I mean if you’re gonna sign somebody and then not use them at all then wtf was the point of signing them?

To me it’s pretty clear they didn’t want her going to the competition so they paid her a bunch of money without actually having a plan for her

Maybe they brought her in to be in a stable with Miro and Keith Lee and they have been workshopping ideas in Bulgaria?

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023

They're poaching but I think WWE is also flipping back to the mentality of building the Indies up. Which is kind of a funny shift because 7-10 years ago Triple H was gobbling up all the Indy talent he could for NXT.

I think they realized you can't kill off all the Indy companies because you need outlets other than just your own to pump out talent.

Also almost seems like it's "Our allies vs. Your allies" with AEW and WWE.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

What probably happened is he was released prior to the imminent expiration. He apparently is under the 30-day no-compete which suggests he still had time left, but maybe that was the date anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad