All-Purpose News Thread Part II

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'm aware I brought up Balor. Because it's a valid comparison at this point. "Big feud"? I mean it's not big in comparison to Rock/Cody, Drew/Punk, Bloodline/Bloodline, but it's also probably not fair to say "This isn't shit compared to these massive stars". I do agree that Priest almost certainly goes over Finn in it, but it's inevitably happening. Even if they drag it out, it's probably happening before Okada/Omega simply due to Kenny's health.

He may be doing what he wants to do, but this is where Tony's an idiot. You don't pay high dollar for a guy as a top star and then spend a year doing non-top star shit with them.

And to be fair, I dunno that WWE would be much better. They did do a good job of presenting Nakamura once Vince was out of the way, but it never went anywhere because it was against Cody and he obviously wasn't getting a W there. Now, where it MIGHT work with Okada is I think Triple H probably feels fans are already conditioned to indifference on Nakamura, whereas Okada would be fresh.

They could probably heat up Nakamura any time they wanted to, but he’s never going to be a top guy and I’m not sure how much he wants to be. He had his NXT run and Wrestlemania match, he’s doing what many of these Japanese stars figured out which is that you don’t need to be over trying to do difficult 30-minute matches, they do half as much, are just as over, and they’re still bigger in Japan now than they would be.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They could probably heat up Nakamura any time they wanted to, but he’s never going to be a top guy and I’m not sure how much he wants to be. He had his NXT run and Wrestlemania match, he’s doing what many of these Japanese stars figured out which is that you don’t need to be over trying to do difficult 30-minute matches, they do half as much, are just as over, and they’re still bigger in Japan now than they would be.
Hard to heat up a guy that fans are conditioned to not give a f*** about.

That eventually became the problem with Ziggler. Everybody knew they were never gonna fully get behind him, so they just stopped caring.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hard to heat up a guy that fans are conditioned to not give a f*** about.

That eventually became the problem with Ziggler. Everybody knew they were never gonna fully get behind him, so they just stopped caring.
Paul is doing creative now though, not Vince.

Reactions: Jussi

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I feel like Nakamura has far too much damage done to him now to be considered a threat. Guy lost every feud he was in, and not just lose them, lose them badly.

It would be another Jinder Mahal situation, imo.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
OMG take it offline...this tribalism shit gets old...if you don't watch the other, don't speak to it...pretty simple

I don't watch smackdown so I can't speak about it and try not to comment on it...
I actually do watch Smackdown almost every week and I think it's terrible but yet I still don't whine about it on here constantly or basically ever except right now.

The only reason I watch it is because my neighbor I'm friends with likes it and I usually drink with him on Fridays.

Reactions: Fro

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sounding like Stephanie Vaquer is going to WWE.

shes really good, Ive become a big fan in the past few months
She looked like a million bucks recently at Forbidden Door. I don't think she would get the deserved exposure in AEW, but I also don't think WWE will do her any favors. I can picture them changing her name to something shitty and burying her on NXT for a few years.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She looked like a million bucks recently at Forbidden Door. I don't think she would get the deserved exposure in AEW, but I also don't think WWE will do her any favors. I can picture them changing her name to something shitty and burying her on NXT for a few years.
I don’t, they will want a big female/Latina star as they try and make waves into Mexico and Spanish-speaking countries. Right now their highest one is Zelina Vega.

There is also bad blood between her and Rush that supposedly makes it impossible to be on the same shows, stemming from him showing support for her ex after a domestic violence dispute. I think I have that right. So I don’t think she was ever going to go full time in AEW.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don’t, they will want a big female/Latina star as they try and make waves into Mexico and Spanish-speaking countries. Right now their highest one is Zelina Vega.

There is also bad blood between her and Rush that supposedly makes it impossible to be on the same shows, stemming from him showing support for her ex after a domestic violence dispute. I think I have that right. So I don’t think she was ever going to go full time in AEW.
If that is true, then NXT might be her ceiling. I can't imagine a situation where she's anything big on the main roster. Not any time soon at least

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
If that is true, then NXT might be her ceiling. I can't imagine a situation where she's anything big on the main roster. Not any time soon at least
But... why? Why would NXT be her ceiling? She was just a triple champion until like last week. She's already shown she is better than CEO. She's better than probably everyone in NXT. Her and Giulia will have a couple of matches, probably feud for the title and then get moved up to the main roster.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
But... why? Why would NXT be her ceiling? She was just a triple champion until like last week. She's already shown she is better than CEO. She's better than probably everyone in NXT. Her and Giulia will have a couple of matches, probably feud for the title and then get moved up to the main roster.
I think that is appropriate. I do not trust that it will actually happen.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why would NXT be her ceiling? She’s better than half the women on the main roster. And everyone in NXT.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Why would NXT be her ceiling? She’s better than half the women on the main roster. And everyone in NXT.
Eva Marie was on the main roster, and was a womens champion. Literally everyone was better than Eva Marie.

Actual talent means nothing to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad