All-Purpose News Thread Part II

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
When did Balor turn on Priest?

What part of what's been going on in JD segments for the last month has not been clear that that's obviously the direction they're going?

This is what I'm talking about when I say your defense is getting incredibly illogical lol.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What part of what's been going on in JD segments for the last month has not been clear that that's obviously the direction they're going?

This is what I'm talking about when I say your defense is getting incredibly illogical lol.

They didn’t tell you that though. We don’t know how they’re breaking up. You’re making a like-comparison to things that are not alike. Balor has been getting the tag belt taken on and off of him while being job guy as a single. He’s the #4 person in his group. He has 2 wins as a single in the last year.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They didn’t tell you that though. We don’t know how they’re breaking up. You’re making a like-comparison to things that are not alike. Balor has been getting the tag belt taken on and off of him while being job guy as a single. He’s the #4 person in his group. He has 2 wins as a single in the last year.
Your refusal to acknowledge that they're clearly setting up for Balor vs. Priest is exactly what I'm talking about with your irrational defense lol.

You're right though, Okada's big singles wins against the likes of Dax Harwood, Ultimo Guerrero, PAC, and Cristiano Argento, not to mention his holding of the prestigious AEW Continental Title clearly position him as a top guy in AEW, unlike Finn's pathetic tag titles and his two singles wins.

If only WWE wasted time putting Finn in matches against Tozawa so he could rack up wins against singles nobodies, too. Then he might truly be seen as a main eventer like Okada.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Your refusal to acknowledge that they're clearly setting up for Balor vs. Priest is exactly what I'm talking about with your irrational defense lol.

You're right though, Okada's big singles wins against the likes of Dax Harwood, Ultimo Guerrero, PAC, and Cristiano Argento, not to mention his holding of the prestigious AEW Continental Title clearly position him as a top guy in AEW, unlike Finn's pathetic tag titles and his two singles wins.

If only WWE wasted time putting Finn in matches against Tozawa so he could rack up wins against singles nobodies, too. Then he might truly be seen as a main eventer like Okada.

Those are more wins than Balor and Tama Tonga have combined.

And you’re out here worried about what Judgement Day has done in the last month when they’ve been teasing a breakup for over a year. And people dismissing Okada/Omega because we might have to wait 6 months.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Those are more wins than Balor and Tama Tonga have combined.

And you’re out here worried about what Judgement Day has done in the last month when they’ve been teasing a breakup for over a year. And people dismissing Okada/Omega because we might have to wait 6 months.

Yeah buddy. Finn/Priest is probably gonna get dragged out until 2026... Crazy thing is it still may happen before Kenny comes back from diverticulitis.

And again, if only Balor had more wins against Tozawa to compare his resume with Okada's big dubs against Ultimo Guerrero and Cristiano Argento. :laugh:

He's been there what, four months now? And his only singles match of importance was against Eddie Kingston? Yeah. Definitely being treated like a high end main event star!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah buddy. Finn/Priest is probably gonna get dragged out until 2026... Crazy thing is it still may happen before Kenny comes back from diverticulitis.

And again, if only Balor had more wins against Tozawa to compare his resume with Okada's big dubs against Ultimo Guerrero and Cristiano Argento. :laugh:

He's been there what, four months now? And his only singles match of importance was against Eddie Kingston? Yeah. Definitely being treated like a high end main event star!

You’re just further proving you have no understanding of context or nuance. The match with Cristiano Argento was done specifically to put him further over as a heel and not just build the match with PAC on Dynasty, but also the ladder match between Young Bucks, the main event of the Double or Nothing, and the single vs. Dax was main event of Dynamite.

If you’re using someone to have a 79-second match and immediately build directly to 4 different matches in one segment, two of them being main events of shows, another being someone else’s title match, and you not calling them a main-event act, then it ain’t pro-wrestling you’re watching.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
You’re just further proving you have no understanding of context or nuance. The match with Cristiano Argento was done specifically to put him further over as a heel and not just build the match with PAC on Dynasty, but also the ladder match between Young Bucks, the main event of the Double or Nothing, and the single vs. Dax was main event of Dynamite.

If you’re using someone to have a 79-second match and immediately build directly to 4 different matches in one segment, two of them being main events of shows, another being someone else’s title match, and you not calling them a main-event act, then it ain’t pro-wrestling you’re watching.

When you're trying to use 79 second matches against jobbers to claim the guy is clearly elevated over Balor and his two wins...

You're right about one thing though, when I see The Bucks and Jungle Jack I definitely ain't watching pro wrestling lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When you're trying to use 79 second matches against jobbers to claim the guy is clearly elevated over Balor and his two wins...

You're right about one thing though, when I see The Bucks and Jungle Jack I definitely ain't watching pro wrestling lol.

Ok, well you’re clearly not watching it, so at this point, if this is not a shtick, then you’re just out our depth and just don’t know anything about what you’re talking about. It’s best for you to move on.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Ok, well you’re clearly not watching it, so at this point, if this is not a shtick, then you’re just out our depth and just don’t know anything about what you’re talking about. It’s best for you to move on.

You probably don't have room to talk about "You're clearly not watching it and don't know what you're talking about" after just having claimed how there's no indication of a coming feud between Balor and Priest. :thumbu:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You probably don't have room to talk about "You're clearly not watching it and don't know what you're talking about" after just having claimed how there's no indication of a coming feud between Balor and Priest. :thumbu:

You didn’t even decode that yet, so, you’re done here, bruv. Time to move on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This was done when you tried claiming Okada being in multi-man main event on PPV established that he's a main event player, bruv. :laugh:

I know it was. You couldn’t keep up with all the knots you tied yourself up in.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I know it was. You couldn’t keep up with all the knots you tied yourself up in.
You're staring at the man in the mirror.

We really need to rehash the mediocre arguments you made in Okada/Tony's favor, or can we agree to disagree before you decide your victory declaration will be wielding that mod power?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You're staring at the man in the mirror.

We really need to rehash the mediocre arguments you made in Okada/Tony's favor, or can we agree to disagree before you decide your victory declaration will be wielding that mod power?

I only do that if you’re being a dick. You just didn’t get that you’re not patient enough to wait out the long play. “You don’t get what they’ve been doing for a month with Judgement Day.” My brother in Christ, it ain’t been a month, it’s been a year. Big payoffs don’t happen in weeks.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I only do that if you’re being a dick. You just didn’t get that you’re not patient enough to wait out the long play. “You don’t get what they’ve been doing for a month with Judgement Day.” My brother in Christ, it ain’t been a month, it’s been a year. Big payoffs don’t happen in weeks.

My brother in Christ, the whole point was both Finn and Okada are being set up for big feuds with top guys down the line, and it still doesn't mean either is being presented or comes across as a main event player. :laugh:

That's the whole reason Finn was brought up.

Speaking of knots...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
OMG take it offline...this tribalism shit gets old...if you don't watch the other, don't speak to it...pretty simple

I don't watch smackdown so I can't speak about it and try not to comment on it...

• Love
Reactions: LandfiII

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My brother in Christ, the whole point was both Finn and Okada are being set up for big feuds with top guys down the line, and it still doesn't mean either is being presented or comes across as a main event player. :laugh:

That's the whole reason Finn was brought up.

Speaking of knots...

Finn was brought up because you thought a tag guy who jobs all his singles is the same as someone another company put a singles title on and is protecting since they lined up a big feud with a top star who is injured, simply because you think they’re similar gimmicks. Okada is much closer to doing what WWE was doing with Priest a year ago, or, more accurately, what they were doing with Walter even before that.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Finn was brought up because you thought a tag guy who jobs all his singles is the same as someone another company put a singles title on and is protecting since they lined up a big feud with a top star who is injured, simply because you think they’re similar gimmicks. Okada is much closer to doing what WWE was doing with Priest a year ago, or, more accurately, what they were doing with Walter even before that.
They're not remotely similar gimmicks. Finn was brought up because both are part of a pushed heel faction and both are lined up for significant singles feuds down the line.

Calling Finn a "Tag guy" while half of Okada's matches in AEW have been multi-man is weird, too.

And don't take this as trying to divert from the Finn comparison, I'm happy to continue that, but realistically WWE is probably spending a fraction of what AEW did on Okada with Jacob Fatu, and have already done more to establish him as a killer that can go with main event guys.

And that's not even Okada's fault. He's just booked doing goofy bullshit with EVPs that have been channel changers for 2-3 years now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They're not remotely similar gimmicks. Finn was brought up because both are part of a pushed heel faction and both are lined up for significant singles feuds down the line.

Calling Finn a "Tag guy" while half of Okada's matches in AEW have been multi-man is weird, too.

And don't take this as trying to divert from the Finn comparison, I'm happy to continue that, but realistically WWE is probably spending a fraction of what AEW did on Okada with Jacob Fatu, and have already done more to establish him as a killer that can go with main event guys.

And that's not even Okada's fault. He's just booked doing goofy bullshit with EVPs that have been channel changers for 2-3 years now.
Well, I didn’t bring up Finn Balor. And I was a big Balor guy for a long time. Is he being lined up for a “big” feud with Priest? Or are they going to further elevate Priest from it? They put him in to job to Edge and Seth at Wrestlemania 39 and Summerslam. They could want him to be a top guy, but the first point I made about that is they haven’t explicitly told you what they’re doing. They teased breaking up multiple times, so none of us know that they’re actually going to do it. They also teased that he might be in with Liv.

And I do think Okada is doing what he wants to do, that’s why he’s there. He knows he can do less and still be over, and his stuff is still among the most over things on the show.

By the way, I’m the one who also said Okada should’ve went to WWE.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Well, I didn’t bring up Finn Balor. And I was a big Balor guy for a long time. Is he being lined up for a “big” feud with Priest? Or are they going to further elevate Priest from it? They put him in to job to Edge and Seth at Wrestlemania 39 and Summerslam. They could want him to be a top guy, but the first point I made about that is they haven’t explicitly told you what they’re doing. They teased breaking up multiple times, so none of us know that they’re actually going to do it. They also teased that he might be in with Liv.

And I do think Okada is doing what he wants to do, that’s why he’s there. He knows he can do less and still be over, and his stuff is still among the most over things on the show.

By the way, I’m the one who also said Okada should’ve went to WWE.

I'm aware I brought up Balor. Because it's a valid comparison at this point. "Big feud"? I mean it's not big in comparison to Rock/Cody, Drew/Punk, Bloodline/Bloodline, but it's also probably not fair to say "This isn't shit compared to these massive stars". I do agree that Priest almost certainly goes over Finn in it, but it's inevitably happening. Even if they drag it out, it's probably happening before Okada/Omega simply due to Kenny's health.

He may be doing what he wants to do, but this is where Tony's an idiot. You don't pay high dollar for a guy as a top star and then spend a year doing non-top star shit with them.

And to be fair, I dunno that WWE would be much better. They did do a good job of presenting Nakamura once Vince was out of the way, but it never went anywhere because it was against Cody and he obviously wasn't getting a W there. Now, where it MIGHT work with Okada is I think Triple H probably feels fans are already conditioned to indifference on Nakamura, whereas Okada would be fresh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad