Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Other than Strahm the bullpen was actually really good. There was just so many weak balls hit by the offense tonight.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Other than Strahm the bullpen was actually really good. There was just so many weak balls hit by the offense tonight.
The offense has been shit for a month

Zero plate discipline, pressing during every at bat to be the one who snaps the team out of the funk. Everyone just needs to f***ing relax. You can tell they are pressing way too hard given their reactions after outs lately.

That shit is on the coaches and manager. Like what the f*** are they doing if not helping them have the appropriate mindset at the plate.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I pointed out to my buddy a few weeks ago how the Phillies are just gonna disappear in my house from the start of August until about the middle of August from the WC road trip. I was bummed about it. Now I think that’s probably the greatest thing to ever happen.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Sorry folks, the "best team in baseball" run is over. All the annoying band wagoners can go away....the "vibez" are dead. Go worship the eagles for the next 2 months and we will see you back on the wagon in october.

Reality check...theyre not as good as their record talent wise. They played abpve their heads for 3 months and are unsuprisingly coming back down to earth. It was inevitable.

My one real concern is this game just felt like the astros/dbacks series. When the magic runs out...theyre just utterly helpless...and topper refuses to adjust.

Tie game...bot 10. Runner in 2b no outs. Just move the runner and knock him in. Its not sexy, its not analytical when your 4 hitter is the one sacrificing...but when youre struggling you gotta find other waya to win. Thats this teams achilles...stubburness.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Turner and Harper and 14-95 since the all star break. Not going to win many games with your 2-3 hitters going through a spell like that.

Embiid

This show is now rated "PG"
May 27, 2010
Negadelphia
Perfect timing for them to suck...1st and probably only game I am attending this season is later this afternoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad