Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Flyers were ahead of their time getting that fresh and clean IBX logo on their jerseys. Now we’re going to see with the Phillies just how much that IBX logo just makes these jerseys pop. It just takes it to that next level.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The Flyers were ahead of their time getting that fresh and clean IBX logo on their jerseys. Now we’re going to see with the Phillies just how much that IBX logo just makes these jerseys pop. It just takes it to that next level.
I think we found the real reason the Phillies are backing the Flyers/Comcast's plan for the sports complex.

IBX money runs deep. Hilferty has his tentacles everywhere.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

I'm for letting Turner sit today but I'm at the point that I have more confidence that Marsh will be able to hit left handed pitching eventually than Rojas being able to hit at all in the future. Rojas OPS against lefties is just 10 points higher than Marsh in basically the same amount of plate appearances. Both only have 1 extra base hits against them this season. Cortes has been terrible on the road this year, so probably will be a shutout.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think we found the real reason the Phillies are backing the Flyers/Comcast's plan for the sports complex.

IBX money runs deep. Hilferty has his tentacles everywhere.
That was really the big reason he was hired by Comcast. He is a dealmaker within the city. We’ll see if he can obfuscate the Sixers from leaving, that’s more important than any Stanley Cup they think they’re winning.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Crazy how bad every aspect of this team has been this month. I don't think i've ever seen a team just suck at all 3 facets of the game this badly all at once.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Yankees were 7-13 in July coming into this series and like 16-24 or something in the last 40. They were playing terribly.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Crazy how bad every aspect of this team has been this month. I don't think i've ever seen a team just suck at all 3 facets of the game this badly all at once.
Yeah but for a while their rotation had 3 guys on the the cy young list, the best performing bullpen, and a hot line up. All three were hot at once and now all three are cold. Thankfully, they were able to run up the wins when they were all hot.

Still though...they gotta find ways to win when theyre cold. Games like last night and sunday theyve gotta eek out.

Reactions: Sombastate

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
@Hollywood Cannon the thread title maybe correct.
7d70cf72bb54654d1af3545b26948ff8.jpg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
This series their starting pitching wasn’t great with Wheeler & Sanchez now in the process of getting whacked but I don’t think starting pitching has been an issue in the last month or so.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Ranger leaking along with the revolving door at #5 has left a bit to be desired.

Phillips has pitched well though since he took over (whether that’s sustainable or not going forward is another question) but Wheeler, Nola, & Sanchez have pitched well the last month as a whole. They’re just pitching with little help offensively right now as well as a hit or miss bullpen.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad