Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
It happens. Championships aren't won in July. The pitching, defense and hitting is never going to be this bad at the same time again this season.

The hitting did this in the NLCS. I prefer it today to the Playoffs

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It happens. Championships aren't won in July. The pitching, defense and hitting is never going to be this bad at the same time again this season.

They are 3-9 since the all star break. Keep this up and there won't be any playoffs. Highly unlikely though as pretty much everything thar could go wrong has except anyone getting injured.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
They are 3-9 since the all star break. Keep this up and there won't be any playoffs. Highly unlikely though as pretty much everything thar could go wrong has except anyone getting injured.
Oh for sure. And tehy still have an 8 game lead. I'm not downplaying how awful they've played. Its been downright horrific.

I'm downplaying how much it matters as of today. If this extends further, obviously this is a cataclysmic. But as of today, i'm not too worried about it yet. This is as bad as i've seen them play in years. It wont last forever (unless its an Eagles type meltdown)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
A wild card series is just around the corner though with the Dodgers and Brewers getting closer.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I said it before, and will say it again

If this Phillies team does not pull out of this slump, you have to fire Topper after the season. He's completely mismanaged the team this year, seems completely incapable of helping the players pull out of the tailspin, and has years of history showing he doesn't know how to manage a bullpen.

He really deserves to have the heat cranked up on his seat right now.

Reactions: Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Who wins the division? Mets? Braves?
The lead will be 6.5 after today. The Braves have an easy schedule the next 2 weeks unlike the Phillies. If they were to close in on them, now is when it would happen. I still think the Phillies will do enough to win the division though we will have a better idea after this 10 game roadtrip.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Copium. They are now under .500 their last 50+ games.

Who wins the division? Mets? Braves?

Mets. Belief is a hell of a drug. They have it. We don't, and are showing no signs of getting it back.

Harper is paid way too much money to hit like this for this long. If he’s hurt then more the reason for him to sit.

Took the entire month of July off. 1 for his last 31. Pretty incredible.

They hit Stubbs to load the bases & you do nothing with that gift.

Thomson not pinch-hitting JT for Stubbs there is just managerial malpractice by that dope. They were extremely lucky he was hit, not that it mattered in the end I guess.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Give into the pessimism. We need you now more than ever, DP. Set things on the proper path.
Here's some good news. Our game is on the 15th or whatever the bucket hat night is. They will lose.

Here's the better news. Last time we watched them lose, they won like 9 in a row and 30 out of 40

Of note: we also go in September

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bryce is 6 for his last 63. Worst stretch of any Phillies hitter since at least as far back as 2021.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Give into the pessimism. We need you now more than ever, DP. Set things on the proper path.

IMG_0345.jpeg

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Here's some good news. Our game is on the 15th or whatever the bucket hat night is. They will lose.

Here's the better news. Last time we watched them lose, they won like 9 in a row and 30 out of 40

Of note: we also go in September
Can you steal me an extra bucket hat? I'll gladly pay you

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
There are two MLB teams that haven't won a series since the All-Star break.

The 27-84 worst record in baseball Chicago White Sox

The 65-43 (now second best) record in baseball Philadelphia Phillies.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad