All-Purpose News Thread Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Becky: I'd guess she wants a break and knows that the longer she's gone + being out of contract and able to dangle the possibility of signing with Tony increases her value.

I'd be very surprised if she wanted to go to AEW. WWE will pay her and he's already seen how terrifically they've botched Mercedes.

Gable: I don't think they'd be pushing him the way they have if they didn't have a pretty good indicator he was coming back. But who knows, maybe they're going with the Drew McIntyre approach of "If we show him we can use him well, maybe he'll stay".

Nattie: Who knows, who really cares at this point. I can see her wanting to finish her career doing something meaningful rather than just be the jobber trying to guide girls they want to get experience, and I can see WWE not really needing her now that the division isn't 75% models who have no idea how to work and need guidance.

Ricochet:
I can see him going to AEW. But man... If I'm WWE I've already got Ospreay's comments drawn up in a contract tampering lawsuit. We all know these things happen behind closed doors/over the phone, but the guy went straight to media and said "They treat you like shit come over here" right as his contract is coming up. Stupid.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ricochet: I can see him going to AEW. But man... If I'm WWE I've already got Ospreay's comments drawn up in a contract tampering lawsuit. We all know these things happen behind closed doors/over the phone, but the guy went straight to media and said "They treat you like shit come over here" right as his contract is coming up. Stupid.
They just made him the Speed champion and apparently those matches have gotten 2 million views on twitter (according to Ricochet) plus his fiancee is in WWE, so I don't think he's leaving.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
They just made him the Speed champion and apparently those matches have gotten 2 million views on twitter (according to Ricochet) plus his fiancee is in WWE, so I don't think he's leaving.
I thought of Samantha, but that didn't stop Andrade or Rusev or Buddy or Ambrose so apparently it's not a big deal to them. Most everybody is based in Florida these days, so it doesn't seem to affect them too much. He'd essentially work 1-2 days a week outside PPV weeks.

Speed Champion is slightly more relevant than the purple ropes Cruiserweight era lol. 2 million views on Twitter is nothing considering that's a worldwide measurement.

Reactions: Voight

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Nattie: Who knows, who really cares at this point. I can see her wanting to finish her career doing something meaningful rather than just be the jobber trying to guide girls they want to get experience, and I can see WWE not really needing her now that the division isn't 75% models who have no idea how to work and need guidance.

She can go to AEW and be a less charismatic Serena Deeb

Also, she could go in there and win the women's Owen Hart tourney

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Becky: I'd guess she wants a break and knows that the longer she's gone + being out of contract and able to dangle the possibility of signing with Tony increases her value.

I'd be very surprised if she wanted to go to AEW. WWE will pay her and he's already seen how terrifically they've botched Mercedes.

Gable: I don't think they'd be pushing him the way they have if they didn't have a pretty good indicator he was coming back. But who knows, maybe they're going with the Drew McIntyre approach of "If we show him we can use him well, maybe he'll stay".

Ricochet: I can see him going to AEW. But man... If I'm WWE I've already got Ospreay's comments drawn up in a contract tampering lawsuit. We all know these things happen behind closed doors/over the phone, but the guy went straight to media and said "They treat you like shit come over here" right as his contract is coming up. Stupid.

Also, she could go in there and win the women's Owen Hart tourney
Becky's appeal of going to AEW, if she were to do that, would be to continue to raise the profile of their women's division. If she's interested in achieving goals and being a gamechanger, she would have more to accomplish there in that, but ultimately I don't think she will if she's interested in other things. If she's at all interested, Tony should just hand her a blank check and tell her to fill it in.

Nattie makes more sense to go to New Japan, or even just Japan, because she will get more to do there. In AEW, I don't think she'd be at a level higher than Saraya was when she debuted or much less where Saraya is now, and Nattie is way older (she's 42). She was more of a world traveler prior to WWE, and doesn't have kids to consider. She would make a bigger difference doing that, because they would see her at a higher level, she would legitimately be a big star amongst the women there, that would not happen in AEW.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Becky's appeal of going to AEW, if she were to do that, would be to continue to raise the profile of their women's division. If she's interested in achieving goals and being a gamechanger, she would have more to accomplish there in that, but ultimately I don't think she will if she's interested in other things. If she's at all interested, Tony should just hand her a blank check and tell her to fill it in.

Nattie makes more sense to go to New Japan, or even just Japan, because she will get more to do there. In AEW, I don't think she'd be at a level higher than Saraya was when she debuted or much less where Saraya is now, and Nattie is way older (she's 42). She was more of a world traveler prior to WWE, and doesn't have kids to consider. She would make a bigger difference doing that, because they would see her at a higher level, she would legitimately be a big star amongst the women there, that would not happen in AEW.

I think Becky could move the needle a little bit for AEW, assuming they could sign her and debut her soon before people forget about her, Mercedes was so far removed from the big spotlight it took some of the shine off of her.

I doubt Becky goes somewhere besides WWE, but if she gets an offer she can't pass up, you never say never. If nothing else she can probably squeeze a few more bucks out of WWE since AEW gives her a bit of leverage

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
How many people that left WWE for AEW became bigger in AEW?

Swerve's the only one that immediately comes to mind. (Tony's doing his best to f*** that one up)

Joe benefitted simply because for some inexplicable reason WWE iced him twice.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

Swerve's the only one that immediately comes to mind. (Tony's doing his best to f*** that one up)

Toni Storm maybe?

Jericho became bigger, but I think that was more due to cheeseburgers than anything TK did

• Haha
Reactions: Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Becky could move the needle a little bit for AEW, assuming they could sign her and debut her soon before people forget about her, Mercedes was so far removed from the big spotlight it took some of the shine off of her.

I doubt Becky goes somewhere besides WWE, but if she gets an offer she can't pass up, you never say never. If nothing else she can probably squeeze a few more bucks out of WWE since AEW gives her a bit of leverage
Everyone remembered Gangrel, they not gonna forget Becky.

Jericho was bigger, but that was because he went to fight Kenny at Wrestle Kingdom. If that match didn’t happen, AEW may not even be here.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Everyone remembered Gangrel, they not gonna forget Becky.

Jericho was bigger, but that was because he went to fight Kenny at Wrestle Kingdom. If that match didn’t happen, AEW may not even be here.

it still won't be as big a deal if she is away from the WWE spotlight for 9 months before she shows up using a different name, even if it is likely just her real name

Luger showing up on Nitro was a big deal because he was just on a WWE show, if he waited til the next spring it would have been less impactful

Copeland also was just talking a week or two before about wanting Gangrel at wrestlemania or whatever and it being shot down, so he had already planted and watered that seed

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

He had multiple concussions and the doctors refused to clear him to wrestle. Literally had to drop the NXT title because of one. IIRC, he was offered commentary duties but asked for his relase anyway.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

I’d argue Moxley

Certainly not the majority of them though that is for sure

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would say Mox too, but it's not as big a gap as one first thinks as Mox was always pretty high up on the card in WWE.

Toni is another. They never really had faith in her it seems even in NXT.

There was a time that Cody was on that list.

There are a bunch of folks that HHH booked like absolute gods in NXT and haven't come close to that since they left.

Becky is unique as there isn't any higher she can go in her career. First female main event at Mania becoming double champ is legit the tippy top. So it's all simply about what's important to her in this stage of her career and life.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

At best Nattie has Great Khali/El Gigante level of charisma. :thumbd:

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I’d argue Moxley

Certainly not the majority of them though that is for sure

I would say Mox too, but it's not as big a gap as one first thinks as Mox was always pretty high up on the card in WWE.

There are a bunch of folks that HHH booked like absolute gods in NXT and haven't come close to that since they left.

Becky is unique as there isn't any higher she can go in her career. First female main event at Mania becoming double champ is legit the tippy top. So it's all simply about what's important to her in this stage of her career and life.

I'd say Moxley, kinda like Jericho and maybe a few others, was better at the start.

Now he's just kinda a guy there to have shit matches. Still popular, but he doesn't really do anything. It'd be interesting to see how he'd do under Triple H booking instead of Vince. You can safely assume his gripes about dumb shit like being told to use Roman's leukemia to get heat or the Inoculation segment wouldn't be an issue.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'd say Moxley, kinda like Jericho and maybe a few others, was better at the start.

Now he's just kinda a guy there to have shit matches. Still popular, but he doesn't really do anything. It'd be interesting to see how he'd do under Triple H booking instead of Vince. You can safely assume his gripes about dumb shit like being told to use Roman's leukemia to get heat or the Inoculation segment wouldn't be an issue.
Agreed. Moxley was bigger in AEW than WWE for a time as he was the company's #1(ish) pre-MJF. Now he's just a vet who holds one of the company's 250 belts they (or others, I know it's some Japan belt) feature on the programming.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed. Moxley was bigger in AEW than WWE for a time as he was the company's #1(ish) pre-MJF. Now he's just a vet who holds one of the company's 250 belts they (or others, I know it's some Japan belt) feature on the programming.
It is the Japan belt. The IWGP champion is the top title in New Japan.

Reactions: sabremike

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

I think it was a case of right place at the wrong time. Rhea, Raquel, Iyo, Kairi etc. were all there at that time. Plus I think she had one major injury?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She didn’t like it there and they didn’t like her accent most likely. Vince liked her enough that she at least would’ve been a jobber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad