All-Purpose News Thread Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Probably my guess how this all unfolds

She reminds me of Randy Savage at the end of his WWF run. An all-time great, still wildly popular, but not many stories left to tell without a dramatic character shift or a part-time role where you can just lean into their greatest hits.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think the point is that even implying AEW is an "option" for her is stupid.
If she is a free agent, then it is one. And if it is, that gives Becky leverage to get a better deal than she would have 6 years ago when the options were TNA or Stardom, who would never be able to pay her.

Reactions: Voight and Fro

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The TNAxWWE partnership is expected to be more then just Grace. Also expect some WWE talent to show up on TNA programming.

Talent in both companies haven't been shy talking about wanting to do crossover work together

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bryan Alvarez is on the forums comparing AEW to 2019 WWE in that scripts are always changing, people being flown in to do nothing, and others being flown in at the last second, and that Tony is very difficult to get a hold of.

• Haha
Reactions: FriendlyGhost92

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bryan Alvarez is on the forums comparing AEW to 2019 WWE in that scripts are always changing, people being flown in to do nothing, and others being flown in at the last second, and that Tony is very difficult to get a hold of.
You can see it in the programming. The matches have always been well above standard, and that's not once been an issue for them. There is just zero direction to the shows now. A good point was made that towards the end of the night, Excalibur (and Tony) used to rattle off a half dozen upcoming segments for the following show. I think we all used to joke about how fast they'd have to read off the cards because of how much shit they had to pack into 20 seconds of air time.

They are winging it now. All the talent in the world in that locker room and they are winging it. Tony needs to bring in a better team of writers. Period

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
All Jericho says is that AEW is an option and she can use options to leverage more money.

What is stupid about that?
Nothing. If she’s a free agent, AEW is in fact an option.

Do I think she goes there? Nah, I don’t.

I think the point is that even implying AEW is an "option" for her is stupid.
Can you just admit that you hate all other wrestling that isn’t directly WWE? It’s simple to do. :laugh:

Last edited:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Chad Gable's current contract with the WWE runs out next Friday.

from wrestlingheadlines.com:

Fightful Select is reporting that the WWE contract of Alpha Academy’s Chad Gable is scheduled to expire at the end of next week.

As of Wednesday, the belief is that no new deal had been reached between Gable and WWE. If he does, in fact, reach free agency, Gable is expected to receive interest from across the entire industry.

His current WWE contract is reportedly set to expire next Friday, and WWE is said to be interested in re-signing him to a deal.

In terms of the outside interest from other companies, there is said to be a strong push from a lot of the talents outside of WWE to vouch for their various promotions to make an attempt to sign Gable, if he becomes available.

There are even said to be some MMA promotions that are interested in inquiring about Gable’s desire to possibly compete in the combat sports world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad