OT: All purpose NCAA thread v2.0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Agreed. Can't wait until Harrison puts on his Temple hat this Wednesday. :sarcasm: Do you think PSU has a good shot of landing him? 247 has him crystal balled mostly to Michigan, with a few Ohio St predictions thrown in.

With the shenanigans going on at Auburn with Gus, what are the chances that Georgia flips 5* LB Owen Pappoe?
There's virtually no shot that Pappoe ends up at Georgia. He wants to play ILB and the reports are that Kirby wants him at OLB/Star. Tennessee is more likely as a flip candidate because Pruitt has early playing time to give away.

Georgia is all in on Nakobe Dean and Rian Davis at ILB. Even if they miss on Dean, they took Quay Walker and Channing Tindall last cycle.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Speaking of Tennessee, Pruitt's bump class looks pretty terrible so far. If Morris wasn't so hellbent on early playing time, that class would be entirely made up of secondary options from the rest of the SEC power programs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
D line has easily been Penn State’s most consistent strength for at least 10 years now. I was worried it would take a dive without LJ.

Their DE recruiting is getting pretty elite at this point but their interior DL recruiting needs to still get better. But to be fair that’s probably the hardest position to recruit in college football these days as there’s a premium on those 300 lbs. athletes. & not a whole lot to go around.

Strides are being made though & they’re a level below elite there now. But just like LB was a mess years ago that’s now looking like a real bright spot with 5* Brandon Smith & 4* Lance Dixon set to join 5* Micah Parsons, 4* Ellis Brooks, & 4* Jesse Luketa.

Last edited:

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
Their DE recruiting is getting pretty elite at this point but their interior DL recruiting needs to still get better. But to be fair that’s probably the hardest position to recruit in college football these days as there’s a premium on those 300 lbs. athletes. & not a whole lot to go around.

Strides are being made though & they’re a level below elite there now. But just like LB was a mess years ago that’s now looking like a real bright spot with 5* Brandon Smith & 4* Lance Dixon set to join 5* Micah Parsons, 4* Ellis Brooks, & 4* Jesse Luketa.
Agreed. Lack of depth up the middle hurt this year, but I think back about the likes of Odrick, Still, Hill, Austin Johnson, etc. and it’s been pretty solid until recently.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
UCF turned down an offer from Florida for a 2-1 series, their AD thinks it should be 1-1. They think they deserve equality to Florida.

You've had a couple nice years and were definitely better than Florida last year and maybe even this year but you are in no way on the same level as Florida! Sometimes on the way up you have to play at a disadvantage just like Boise State did.

Off topic but seeing Dave Hakstol fired by Flyers scroll across the screen on ESPN made me smile :D

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
UCF turned down an offer from Florida for a 2-1 series, their AD thinks it should be 1-1. They think they deserve equality to Florida.

You've had a couple nice years and were definitely better than Florida last year and maybe even this year but you are in no way on the same level as Florida! Sometimes on the way up you have to play at a disadvantage just like Boise State did.

Off topic but seeing Dave Hakstol fired by Flyers scroll across the screen on ESPN made me smile :D

This is another reason why I don't care for UCF, namely AD Danny White. White insinuates that most P5 teams won't play them in non-con, says the CFP is an "invitational", cries when Nebraska hired Frost and laughably proclaimed UCF national champion last year. Florida offers them a fair proposal, even willing to play UCF on the road, and White turns it down. White is an arrogant, all talk and no action tool. Wanna be at the big boys table? Suck it up, go on the road and play the big boys. Florida State under Bowden did this to establish themselves way back. I hope LSU creams them in the bowl. End of rant.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t even know what his argument is going to be in trying to be eligible to play right away? Otherwise it doesn’t really make much sense as Fromm is probably off to the NFL after next year unless Fields just wants out at this point.

Reactions: Asnito

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

@flyershockey

Apparently WR Tarik Black could be transferring too.

Solomon was looking for any reason not to go to UGA during his cycle, so I don't know. He would walk into a pretty good situation in Athens. DT is about the shallowest position on the UGA roster, and probably will still be an issue in 2020.

Tarik Black never struck me as a guy that would stick at UM. He seemed to wallow back and forth on teams right up until NSD.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I don’t even know what his argument is going to be in trying to be eligible to play right away? Otherwise it doesn’t really make much sense as Fromm is probably off to the NFL after next year unless Fields just wants out at this point.
Kid wants playing time. I'm not sure why he even signed with UGA at this point. He was always going to have to beat Fromm out. He still has that opportunity next year if he stays.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kid wants playing time. I'm not sure why he even signed with UGA at this point. He was always going to have to beat Fromm out. He still has that opportunity next year if he stays.

I mean yeah it’s ultimately his fault. He could have went anywhere & places that didn’t just have a true freshman lead their team to a national championship game.

Reactions: Asnito

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I mean yeah it’s ultimately his fault. He could have went anywhere & places that didn’t just have a true freshman lead their team to a national championship game.
Good luck to him, but ultimately, he didn't win the job at UGA. If he had, he would have played. It's really that simple. Kirby showed last year that he was willing to play a true freshman if he thought the guy was right for the job.

I don't want to trash the kid too much and come across as bitter, but his body language was shitty most of the time when he wasn't playing. And when he did play, he didn't exactly light it up. He's got all the talent in the world and he'll probably end up as a really good player, but this entire saga rubs me the wrong way.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Good luck to him, but ultimately, he didn't win the job at UGA. If he had, he would have played. It's really that simple. Kirby showed last year that he was willing to play a true freshman if he thought the guy was right for the job.

I don't want to trash the kid too much and come across as bitter, but his body language was ****ty most of the time when he wasn't playing. And when he did play, he didn't exactly light it up. He's got all the talent in the world and he'll probably end up as a really good player, but this entire saga rubs me the wrong way.
Personally I think Georgia dodged a bullet. Ultimately we'll never know but one thing I can guarantee is if he came back next year the situation wouldn't have played out like it did with Hurts and Tua.

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
This is another reason why I don't care for UCF, namely AD Danny White. White insinuates that most P5 teams won't play them in non-con, says the CFP is an "invitational", cries when Nebraska hired Frost and laughably proclaimed UCF national champion last year. Florida offers them a fair proposal, even willing to play UCF on the road, and White turns it down. White is an arrogant, all talk and no action tool. Wanna be at the big boys table? Suck it up, go on the road and play the big boys. Florida State under Bowden did this to establish themselves way back. I hope LSU creams them in the bowl. End of rant.
They were like 0-12 3 years ago, they should've taken the deal and be happy about it.

I don't know what's up with the Big 12 but if they decide to expand down the road having a 3 game series against Florida under their belt would certainly help the resumé.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Personally I think Georgia dodged a bullet. Ultimately we'll never know but one thing I can guarantee is if he came back next year the situation wouldn't have played out like it did with Hurts and Tua.
36 hours before NSD. That's some shitty timing on the part of Fields. But now a lot of UGA beats can't confirm the story, so Wolken may have jumped the gun. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad