Player Discussion All Purpose Goaltending Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Someone must have talked some sense into Levi. I still think our speculation about Adams promising not to send him to the AHL was true.
This was reported from Toronto as fact.

Where are all the people convinced Adams promised him he wouldn't go down as a condition of him signing?
He did promise - for last season, not this season. It was reported as a fact so I’m not sure why you’d try to slam anyone for that.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Someone must have talked some sense into Levi. I still think our speculation about Adams promising not to send him to the AHL was true.
It could be that Adams promised he would get starts at the beginning of the season and that he would stay up as long as he maintained a winning record.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
This was reported from Toronto as fact.

He did promise - for last season, not this season. It was reported as a fact so I’m not sure why you’d try to slam anyone for that.
Show me where it was reported, by someone legitimate, that adams promised he would never send Levi down to the AHL as a condition of signing his ELC. If this was legitimately reported then I apologize but I have never seen anyone legitimate say they can't send Levi down because they promised him they would never do that as a condition of him signing.

Promised he would get game last year? Sure. Promised him he would get a legitimate shot this year? Yea okay. Promised him they would never send him down? Haven't seen it and do not believe it. But I am sure this is just an example of the evil and terrible adams breaking his promise to a player.

Reactions: BuffaloGooner

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Show me where it was reported, by someone legitimate, that adams promised he would never send Levi down to the AHL as a condition of signing his ELC. If this was legitimately reported then I apologize but I have never seen anyone legitimate say they can't send Levi down because they promised him they would never do that as a condition of him signing.

Promised he would get game last year? Sure. Promised him he would get a legitimate shot this year? Yea okay. Promised him they would never send him down? Haven't seen it and do not believe it.
It was on the 32 thoughts podcast earlier this season. I forget the details of what was promised, but they reported that he did insist on "not starting in the AHL" or something close to that.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
It was on the 32 thoughts podcast earlier this season. I forget the details of what was promised, but they reported that he did insist on "not starting in the AHL" or something close to that.
Well I would be interested to know if that was a not starting in the ahl this year or a not starting in the ahl ever. Because one of those really isn't reasonable to believe.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
UPL put an exclamation point on his role as the starter. This is more about him earning more starts in the crease as opposed to splitting time with someone 50/50 and Levi sticking around for that. That said, it's not like Comrie ran away with the backup role, I still have my concerns.

Looking forward to watching Levi in Roch.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Well I would be interested to know if that was a not starting in the ahl this year or a not starting in the ahl ever. Because one of those really isn't reasonable to believe.
The most logical is that they give him a legit chance to make it as a starter in the NHL, which they have officially done. Not promising the role but the chance to earn it. Most prospects his age don't get that so it's a lot.

Makes sense from his POV, and of course Adams would agree if he had to, like each of us would, so it makes sense from that side too.

Deleted member 346512

Logic Prevails, Levi to Rochester
Only right decision. Levi isn't ready yet, so why burn him out?! This is doing the team and him a disservice. Comrie as a backup is ok. Against NJ he was pretty much let down by his teammates, it would be a bit unfair to blame him for the lose. Even a Shesterkin, Swayman or Oettinger couldn't have done much

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
There was still no clear number one until this past weekend. UPL punched his ticket against the Pens and the Rags.

It took longer to sort out than expected, but now it's done (at least until Comrie comes back after two weeks on IR for dropping a sofa on his foot while helping his wife rearrange the living room, and Levi pitches two shutouts while he's out).

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
From Sabres Facebook. That photo is awesome.

UPL.jpg

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
better takes here. Why am I reading like posters are unsatisfied vindictive wives that ka made a mistake and must admit it now.
Ka took a gamble . We are still determining whether two will firmly step up in net. We are still within the process. Ka may have to make up for two losses as lately goal has been positive . If another claims the spot by jan 15 he may have worked goalie magic. If not he was cheap not obtaining a saros . We aren't close to seeing the results although Upl is leaning toward a ka payoff

Reactions: HOOats

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
better takes here. Why am I reading like posters are unsatisfied vindictive wives that ka made a mistake and must admit it now.
Ka took a gamble . We are still determining whether two will firmly step up in net. We are still within the process. Ka may have to make up for two losses as lately goal has been positive . If another claims the spot by jan 15 he may have worked goalie magic. If not he was cheap not obtaining a saros . We aren't close to seeing the results although Upl is leaning toward a ka payoff
Like most women, being right or believing you are right is the most important thing above all else.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
would have rather we fired Comrie into the sun instead

Comrie hasn't exactly been any better than Levi. Cannot blame the D as UPL is excelling behind the same D. I have more confidence that Levi can steal a game than Comrie will.

Comrie has been terrible with his sub .880 save percentage. That is making Aaron Dell look good in comparison

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Lets be real, he is back up within a month when Comrie gets hurt.

would have rather we fired Comrie into the sun instead

Comrie hasn't exactly been any better than Levi. Cannot blame the D as UPL is excelling behind the same D. I have more confidence that Levi can steal a game than Comrie will.

Comrie has been terrible with his sub .880 save percentage. That is making Aaron Dell look good in comparison
He was .914 before injury. Give him some games.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad