Player Discussion All Purpose Goaltending Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Definitely was in the minority at the beginning of the year already saying Levi should've started in the A.

But I don't think too many of us saw 6K putting up these numbers & to an extent some posters - even on the roster.. great to see nonetheless

Last edited:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
I am willing to bet that Levi's agent made the Sabres guarantee NHL for Levi to sign. It makes zero sense why he isnt in the AHL developing. The Sabres are carrying a ridiculous 3 goalies and using up a roster spot.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Agent gets a lot more money if he is sitting in the press box getting an NHL salary than playing in the AHL.
If the Agent thinks like this then he is an extremely short term thinker. If he wants to make the most money he can over Levi's career then he should want the best development path for Levi, not just getting the most money out of his ELC. Levi developing properly will lead to far more money than the 800k or whatever from his ELC.

Reactions: Jim Bob

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
You don't know agents....Agent goes to Levi - I can guarantee you will be in the NHL making $800K vs yeah, you get a $90K signing bonus and $70K in the AHL....which do you think made Levi more happy?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You don't know agents....Agent goes to Levi - I can guarantee you will be in the NHL making $800K vs yeah, you get a $90K signing bonus and $70K in the AHL....which do you think made Levi more happy?
Levi has taken the slower path to his development to date. I would be surprised if he would pitch a fit if they wanted to send him down to the AHL.

:dunno:

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Funny I was just thinking you don't know agents if you believe this is how they think/act. Agents are realistically just lawyers and I have dealt with many many many lawyers over my career. The bad ones go for short term wins that leave their clients out money in the long run. The good ones don't. If Levi's agent has been acting as you have indicated he should be fired for putting his own best interests ahead of his client's.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
At least it seems UPL will get more starts. With this development it makes even less sense to carry both Levi and Comrie for much longer. This will actually be a litmus test for me about how much faith I should have in this front office. Well...this and how long they keep Bryson on the roster. So far, so bad.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Levi to the minors has always been the obvious move.

At this point, I don't think anyone could justify keeping him up, especially if the plan is to give UPL the starters net. Give Levi the unquestioned starters net in Rochester and let him fight his way back up.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
Levi to the minors has always been the obvious move.

At this point, I don't think anyone could justify keeping him up, especially if the plan is to give UPL the starters net. Give Levi the unquestioned starters net in Rochester and let him fight his way back up.

Just fire Comrie into the sun

Every game, an NHL goalie is going to have ~5 shots he won't be faulted if he lets in. In Comrie's game vs Winnipeg, he had 4. He only made 1 of the 4 saves. In the last game where he was yanked, he had 4 in the first period (yes, shit defense). He didn't make a single big save.

That is simply not good enough for an NHL goalie. An NHL goalie needs to make 2 or 3 of those big saves a game to give our team a chance to win

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

UPL has been lucky to avoid a few of the team's worst performances so far. But...it's clear he's the best guy right now, and also shows legit starter upside. I feel quite vindicated for defending him throughout this thread (and others). Now if only we could go back in time and keep Ullmark for that terrible overpay of 1 mil extra per season...

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
UPL has been lucky to avoid a few of the team's worst performances so far. But...it's clear he's the best guy right now, and also shows legit starter upside. I feel quite vindicated for defending him throughout this thread (and others). Now if only we could go back in time and keep Ullmark for that terrible overpay of 1 mil extra per season...
I legit believe the team feels most comfortable in front of him than the other two. I vaguely remember a few of the guys said as much last year, right before his really good January month.

If that is how they feel and he's drawing more out of the rest of the team, then there's no reason not to ride him.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad