Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
LOL how do you not pay hotel fees? At this point it's just getting funny.

Bet he's got no problem paying money to gas up the old PJ

Dirty Old Man

Yotah Hockey Club
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Man, you really went full nerd for the eclipse eh, DOM?
Well, yeah. It was my birthday, I had to go see it. Unfortunately I picked Dallas - the city statistically with the best weather in April along the eclipse path, and the easiest to get to - which ended up with a forecast at T- 3 days of shi**y weather. (and then after all that, apparently much of the area got a break in the clouds and a clear view...followed by thunderstorms with ping pong ball size hail that I had to dodge - the storms themselves, not the hail stones obviously - to return to DFW for my flight home...which got cancelled... did I mention it was my birthday?)

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
FWIW..... it's TIN FOIL HAT TIME!!!!

Someone on Twitter is claiming that a friend who's in the HHOF and well imbedded in the NHL is telling him that this relocation scenario is being way overblown and Bettman definitely wants to see the auction results before any other action happens.

I'm not taking this too seriously but.....

This would fit what XG said in that if the auction fails the relo is more than likely.

It would also resolve a LOT of the optics for all sides that we're being put through now.

Now we get to the fun part.......

Who leaked that memo, and what was the motivation for it? I have ZERO doubt there are factions within the league trying to push this relocation along.

I guess we'll see what goes down after the final game on the 17th.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Someone on Twitter is claiming that a friend who's in the HHOF and well imbedded in the NHL is telling him that this relocation scenario is being way overblown and Bettman definitely wants to see the auction results before any other action happens.

This would fit what XG said in that if the auction fails the relo is more than likely.

It would also resolve a LOT of the optics for all sides that we're being put through now.

Who leaked that memo, and what was the motivation for it? I have ZERO doubt there are factions within the league trying to push this relocation along.

I suspect AM wins the auction and the team likely stays here. AM dos not give up when cornered historically. SLC/Smith wants a team, that is clear, how and when they get one is speculation, not sure I believe anything I am reading or hearing right now.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
If the story of the team not paying hotel fees (THIS SEASON) is true, I think this whole scenario might instead be a sign that the league has lost faith in the owner and not necessarily the Phoenix market.

Imagine being at the league office and buying in to the idea that AM will win the land auction and he will pay for a huge, complicated arena development by himself with minimal help. Now imagine believing that and then receiving a collections call from the Holiday Inn Raleigh-Durham.

AM might just be a really good snake oil salesman that struck his last nerve...

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
If the story of the team not paying hotel fees (THIS SEASON) is true, I think this whole scenario might be instead be a sign that the league has lost faith in the owner and not necessarily the Phoenix market.

Imagine being at the league office and buying in to the idea that AM will win the land auction and he will pay for a huge, complicated arena development by himself with minimal help. Now imagine believing that and then receiving a collections call from the Holiday Inn Raleigh-Durham.

AM might just be a really good snake oil salesman that struck his last nerve...
Agreed. I fully expect a sale to go through after the season. Sounds like the league is done with AM, and it's hard to blame them.

The league, team employees, players, and fans are sick of the ownership group. They said all the right things, sounds like we were just the suckers this time instead of a municipality.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I'm still holding out hope. I want to suggest something if the Coyotes move to Utah.
Let me know if it's worth starting a thread so it get's more looks.

If the Coyotes move to Utah, I want to show support for the ARIZONA Coyotes as well as the passionate hockey base here. Would there be any interest in selecting one game next year in Utah and have a group roadtrip. Purchasing tickets in one specific section and buying up as many seats as we can? Wear our Coyotes jerseys and hats and start chants of "Let's Go Yotes!"
I'm sure that would be covered in the media (if we're large enough and loud enough) and the current players in the organization will see how much we really cared about that team. I know Nordique fans would do that from time to time.

It's just a thought and things are still somewhat emotional so this could fizzle out over the next 4 months, but I thought it would be a nice way to show how we feel and also have a chance for everyone on this board to get together (even you fanatics from overseas).

Just want to see what kind of interest that might garner.

TheLegend

"Just say it 3 times..."
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I suspect AM wins the auction and the team likely stays here. AM dos not give up when cornered historically. SLC/Smith wants a team, that is clear, how and when they get one is speculation, not sure I believe anything I am reading or hearing right now.
Smith knows he’s paying $1.3 billion for a team period. Doesn’t matter who ends up with the money or when the team gets there.

SLC is as good as done.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

Not surprising at all ..
Frank S has always jumped the gun been misinformed or missed vital information.. most other news outlets are citing him as the source

I guess we shall see , but what you just posted seems more like how i imagined

NHL posted that the players were told they may play another season in the mullet

Not sure how accurate this is

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
My days keep on getting worse....
First the team is on the brink of moving. Then I have to redo huge parts of my thesis introduction further delaying my thesis (not good at all) and then i miss the thesis meeting on the next part of the thesis.

I guess its true what they say: If it rains it pours.
Switch to cognitive neuroscience then. Intros are like 3-4 sentences tops, or at least they were before I left the field. My partner does developmental psych and her intros are like 3 pages of the same shit. It's interesting how close the fields can be, yet have such different norms when it comes to journal etiquette. I can also attest to you that if you ever publish that thesis, you'll be reformatting the thing entirely to match what really goes into publications.

Soldier through, your advisors want you to succeed just as much as you do!

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
Quick side note. I went for my annual medical visit in Peoria and there was someone
in the waiting room wearing a Coyotes hat. He was buried in his text or I would have said something. I'm sure he knew and it was an act of support.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I do recall a time when all the talking heads said that the Frozen Shithole was getting its franchise back. This was promoted by nationalistic Canadian talking heads who just knew. Perhaps we should not take relocation as a forgone conclusion until or unless it is announced.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Switch to cognitive neuroscience then. Intros are like 3-4 sentences tops, or at least they were before I left the field. My partner does developmental psych and her intros are like 3 pages of the same shit. It's interesting how close the fields can be, yet have such different norms when it comes to journal etiquette. I can also attest to you that if you ever publish that thesis, you'll be reformatting the thing entirely to match what really goes into publications.

Soldier through, your advisors want you to succeed just as much as you do!
Thanks for the advice.
Sadly at this point i cannot switch, its my bachelor. But neuroscience could be a path forward if i cannot get into a clinical psychology master. But before that i have to finish my psychology bachelor.

And yes my advisor wants me to succeed but she is only allowed to help me so far. And she has gone beyond that at multiple points. The deadline for the whole thing is june 30th for the first draft and i have to be done with my results section by the 5th of may. This will be hard, because i could not start with that yet.
And at this point i am really loosing the last bit of hope and confidence in myself.
I might just ask some professors from other universities if they can give me advice on how to proceed. Or pay for a thesis coaching.

Anyways thank you for the kind words.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
If I’m Bettman, I want my cake and eat it too. Help AM win the land bid so the NHL gets a cut of all the money made from it and keep the Yotes there, accept 1B for a team, circle back with ATL and get a deal done. Nowhere does it say necessarily that the team Smith would be buying is the Yotes, it could be all carrot on a stick tactics.

There’s a lot of maneuvering going on right now because there’s potentially a lot more than 1B on the table here, if done right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad