Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose "Days of Our Meruelo" Talk

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Is Meruelo smart enough to have lost the TED vote and dragged out the AZ Trust auction so long that he’s going to get make out like a bandit on this whole thing?

That's a bit too tinfoil hat even for me.

I do think that Meruelo wants that land, even if he doesn't have a team when he buys it. It's the most valuable open real estate in the Valley, and it's going to be a literal money-printing machine for whoever develops it. What I'm not sure of is whether he wants to be a hockey team owner anymore.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

JasonDemersWasOkay

Awaiting the return of my beloved team
Nov 14, 2018
If you’re gonna give a team back to AZ give it to anyone but Meruelo. Give it to Ishbia, give it to the salt river tribe, f***ing call Greg Jamison again for all I care. I never want to see Meruelo and his stupid ass kid or XG and his phony f***ing suits again for the rest of my life. My love for hockey is broken

Reactions: AZDesertKnight

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
If you’re gonna give a team back to AZ give it to anyone but Meruelo. Give it to Ishbia, give it to the salt river tribe, f***ing call Greg Jamison again for all I care. I never want to see Meruelo and his stupid ass kid or XG and his phony f***ing suits again for the rest of my life. My love for hockey is broken

I'd be happy if I didn't see another Meruelo kid and their peat-moss-brained lifestyle bullshit anymore.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Ok. I need to take deep breaths here.
And stay positive.

For now its just talks and a plan B. Who knows if this comes to fruition.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Okay. Well, I like to watch junior hockey. And it’s fun to attach that to an NHL club. Especially with a front office I like. So I’ll follow the team to SLC.

And I do hope the NHL comes back to Arizona soon. Not because I will support that team. But because the local hockey community needs that support from a team.

I’m really not that upset that the coyotes are going to play there games in SLC now. That’s not ranking too high on my priority list.

What hurts me is that local hockey culture (youth hockey and community rinks) will suffer. That’s the shame in this. That and the jobs that are leaving town. And the charity work the team does.

This will harm the community. And that’s really sad. I hope a team does come back soon so that hole can be filled.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
If the team moves i will be done with the NHL.
I don't really care for any other team (maybe a bit about the islanders but i haven't been active in their thread in years) so its easy for me to just continue watching DEL games and international play.
But i will keep my jersey and other coyotes stuff.

One thing just came to my mind. Shane Doan played some games with the jets before they moved and his son played some before the yotes might move. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Anyways i am getting myself some beer and food and try to relax a bit.
For all i know it ain't over till the fat lady sings and until i hear a bell. And so far i haven't heard eighter.

GoYotes

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
Okay. Well, I like to watch junior hockey. And it’s fun to attach that to an NHL club. Especially with a front office I like. So I’ll follow the team to SLC.

And I do hope the NHL comes back to Arizona soon. Not because I will support that team. But because the local hockey community needs that support from a team.

I’m really not that upset that the coyotes are going to play there games in SLC now. That’s not ranking too high on my priority list.

What hurts me is that local hockey culture (youth hockey and community rinks) will suffer. That’s the shame in this. That and the jobs that are leaving town. And the charity work the team does.

This will harm the community. And that’s really sad. I hope a team does come back soon so that

My son is turning 3 and just starting to skate Having an NHL team in the area has been huge so huge for the local hockey community. Grateful there is still ASU atleast.

Reactions: AZDesertKnight

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The team, and our primary source of information need to drop the silent act. NOW

There are two probabilities:

1) The team and Morgan saw this story dropping and went into a trench to ride the next couple of days out until the hysteria subsides, or

2) ...the team let Morgan know that it was a done deal and all that was left was the detail work, and Morgan didn't want to face the immediate blowback from having shat all over Seravalli et al. over the past couple of weeks.

Either way, it's a f***ing horrible look.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Its been choppy water for the better part of 15 years. Many of us are just exhausted of the roller coaster ride.

I know. I've been here for all of it. I just can't get worked up over hearing that what we were told by the team itself is plan B, is being negotiated. It shouldn't be a surprise IMO. No way they were'nt going to have plan B ready, pending auction results.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
You guys know how stories get blown out of proportion and not all facts make it ..

Remember the other story… the NHL is making 2 schedules.. one with a team in SLC

XG said if this falls through they need to look at relocating. But their goal is to win and keep the team here

If it doesn’t go through the team likely goes to SLC , and the NHL is prepared for that by making alternate schedules.

Heck Frank S ‘s source is likely Gambo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad