Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: [Update] Land Auction Cancelled, Meruelo waiving ownership rights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
For me the positive so far is that just about everyone is thinking, saying even, that hockey will be back to Arizona soonish. 5-7-10 years, whatever, it does really look like it will be back.
And frankly, after the horror show of the last decades, one could have considered a "NEVER AGAIN" type of answer, particularly so soon after a dramatic last minute relocation.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

JasonDemersWasOkay

F Utah and anyone who roots for them
Nov 14, 2018
The only way 5 years could possibly work is if somehow a new building gets solidly going in 2025 (lol) or if Ishbia is awarded a team and has them play in Glendale (??) until the suns lease is up and they move in with them in whatever new building phoenix builds them?

All seems very far fetched, but we all got burned thinking seravalli was full of shit before, and he broke the final story of the franchise. He’s obviously tapped in, and can’t be discounted fully.

AZDesertKnight

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Frank is right, and its what I’ve said all along: Player 15 or nothing.

Phoenix wants to work with the Suns on a new building (Eventually) and want that to be with 2 major league tenants.

I’d give it 5-10 years, 5 is optimistic

Until a multi times billionaire with 3 billion in liquid assets to burn wants a team in Arizona the odds are zero. Find one of those guys and it's a different story. Only been looking for 20 years but I'm sure one is around here somewhere.
Mat Ishbia wasn't part of our market during those 20 years. Anyone else is a pretender

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Frank is right, and its what I’ve said all along: Player 15 or nothing.

Phoenix wants to work with the Suns on a new building (Eventually) and want that to be with 2 major league tenants.

I’d give it 5-10 years, 5 is optimistic
The lease at Footprint goes until 2037.

Mat Ishbia wasn't part of our market during those 20 years. Anyone else is a pretender

Ishiba does want to pay the current price for an expansion now. Think what it’ll be like in 2037.

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The only way 5 years could possibly work is if somehow a new building gets solidly going in 2025 (lol) or if Ishbia is awarded a team and has them play in Glendale (??) until the suns lease is up and they move in with them in whatever new building phoenix builds them?

All seems very far fetched, but we all got burned thinking seravalli was full of shit before, and he broke the final story of the franchise. He’s obviously tapped in, and can’t be discounted fully.

Just spitballing here…..and it’s really a long shot…. but ASU comes to mind.

AZDesertKnight

Deactivated Coyotes Fan
Jan 13, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
The lease at Footprint goes until 2037.

Ishiba does want to pay the current price for an expansion now. Think what it’ll be like in 2037.
I'm well aware of the 2037 date

He didn't want the team now, not entirely because of price but because of the situation. He wasn't paying $1 billion for the Coyotes which AM wouldn't budge on - and the League wanted the $200 mill relocation payday. A clean slate expansion is another story.

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I'm well aware of the 2037 date

He didn't want the team now, not entirely because of price but because of the situation. He wasn't paying $1 billion for the Coyotes which AM wouldn't budge on - and the League wanted the $200 mill relocation payday. A clean slate expansion is another story.

He didn’t want the $1.2 billion price now…. You think he’s going to pay the near $2 billion the league will want in 2035 or so??

Personally I think the $1.2 billion Smith paid was too damn much but the league is going to charge what they want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad