Prospect Info: All-Purpose 2024 Draft Thread & Celebrini discussion (also the 14th pick and whatever else is draft related)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should the Sharks draft #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Which NHL teams has he worked as an amateur scout for again? What's his hockey playing or coaching background?

I think Bob McKenzie's list comes out tomorrow. If Solberg is ranked outside the top 20 I'll happily concede that he's a reach at 14.
Stian Solberg ranked #20 exactly on the all important Bob Mackenzie poll. Too bad he wasn’t #21, or you would have had to happily concede that Solberg would be a reach at #14. :eyeroll:

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Stian Solberg ranked #20 exactly on the all important Bob Mackenzie poll. Too bad he wasn’t #21, or you would have had to happily concede that Solberg would be a reach at #14. :eyeroll:
So what you're telling me is I was right once again. It's a heavy burden, being correct about everything all the time.

• Haha
Reactions: landshark

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Bobs got Eiserman at 14, it's annoying but it seems like that is lining up. Unless there is a Catton / Sennecke / Yakemchuk fall it really feels like a Eiserman or Solberg incoming

Reactions: Sandisfan

dmcccdmn

Dec 10, 2005
UC Davis
The focus is now shifted to the draft. I hope we will get a steal with a goalie and a D. Defensemen can be unpredictable and goalies are even harder to gauge. Connor Hellebuyck was found in 5th round and Sergei Bobrovsky was undrafted.

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
"Not a direct quote from anything I ever posted"

There's no need to be so rude and inflammatory.

Reactions: CaptainShark

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So 53rd, huh? A few possibilities on this one IMO:

1: Earmarked for a goalie. The end of the 2nd is where I expect the first goaltender to go and there tends to be a run on goalies once the first one is picked. There might not be any good ones left at 85, so 53 is a good position to get your favorite of the bunch instead of scrambling afterwards.
2: Ammo to trade up, either 14 to 12/13 or even 33 to the end of the 1st round if there starts to be a run on those big RHD like Badinka/Emery/Danford/Elick and they won’t last until the 2nd round.
3: There to scoop up a high profile faller like Hutson, Kiviharju, Gridin, Brunnicke, whoever.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
Bobs got Eiserman at 14, it's annoying but it seems like that is lining up. Unless there is a Catton / Sennecke / Yakemchuk fall it really feels like a Eiserman or Solberg incoming

This late Sennecke rise breaks my heart.

He's been having dinner with the Jackets and Utah. I think he's gone long before our second pick. Nice to know that our fanbase was keyed in on him relatively early.

Somebody interesting will fall (fingers crossed), but if not you should be elated with Solberg at 14.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
So 53rd, huh? A few possibilities on this one IMO:

1: Earmarked for a goalie. The end of the 2nd is where I expect the first goaltender to go and there tends to be a run on goalies once the first one is picked. There might not be any good ones left at 85, so 53 is a good position to get your favorite of the bunch instead of scrambling afterwards.
2: Ammo to trade up, either 14 to 12/13 or even 33 to the end of the 1st round if there starts to be a run on those big RHD like Badinka/Emery/Danford/Elick and they won’t last until the 2nd round.
3: There to scoop up a high profile faller like Hutson, Kiviharju, Gridin, Brunnicke, whoever.
4: Traded with Bordeleau and the 2025 2nd for Boston University's own Joel Farabee

Reactions: landshark

jarr92

May 7, 2013
"Not a direct quote from anything I ever posted"

There's no need to be so rude and inflammatory.

So it's definitely not Warsofsky as the next HC then?
It's not happening bro. He's literally giving Warsofsky a chance to seek other employment...
I'm sure other teams are lining up around the block to interview the associate coach from one of the worst teams in NHL history for their head coaching position.
Teams are publicly posting lists of their coaching candidates now? Oh wait, you mean the Bleacher Report clickbait articles that get rehashed every time a coach is fired.
If anyone is in denial it's the guy who's "1000% confident" Warsofsky will be the next HC when the GM just made zero reference to him as a candidate except to say he's free to go work for another team.

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
5 picks in top 53! There should be some decent projects around that #53 pick, probably another shot at a defencemen or goalie should be the way if we are not trading up. I had them taking Carter George (G) with #42 pick.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
5 picks in top 53! There should be some decent projects around that #53 pick, probably another shot at a defencemen or goalie should be the way if we are not trading up. I had them taking Carter George (G) with #42 pick.

Feels like drafting a goalie just to draft one, but I'm also not super high on George.

My eye is on Josh Ravensbergen (2025).

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I think the top 6 will go Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Silayev, Lindstrom, and Sennicke.

I think Ottawa would be a great trade up spot to grab Buium. It leaps Seattle who would probably take him. They also will be giving a 1st in 25 or 26 and don’t have a 2nd in 26. I would give all 3 2nds with 14 to move up to 7.

Then trade Ferraro for a late first (Toronto or Carolina).

Buium and Celebrini in one draft would be outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad