Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Reactions: frontsfan67

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
A very early draft ranking for the 2025 draft (Tankathon) has 10 D ranked to go in the 1st round. 2 from the OHL and neither are named Cameron Reid. (Schaefer. Aitcheson.)

Mar 12, 2009
A very early draft ranking for the 2025 draft (Tankathon) has 10 D ranked to go in the 1st round. 2 from the OHL and neither are named Cameron Reid. (Schaefer. Aitcheson.)

I have never heard of this site. It appears to be a 'simulator' that updates rankings after every game, which is not how actual scouts do things (nor does it look like they have a person actually putting eyes on these players). It's just an algorithm that names and numbers are put and spit out.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It’s a draft lottery simulator website but their rankings, I believe, come from eliteprospects.

Reid is ranked at #44 on her diet.

Mar 12, 2009
It’s a draft lottery simulator website but their rankings, I believe, come from eliteprospects.

Reid is ranked at #44 on her diet.
Not sure which one you are looking at but I don't see an official Elite Propsects ranking of the 2025 class, just a handful of user submitted (ie. anyone with a subscription) rankings but not the one with Reid at 44.

Either way, rankings a year ahead change wildly...Aaron Kiviharju was a top 5-top 10 pick this time last year, now he's a 4th round drafted player.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

I thought we released Kiviharju when Mesar was sent back for his second season here.
probably, i know he was released

I thought Pobezal was supposed to be highly rated.
i woudlnt trust a random site that doesnt even tell you who ranks anything. its just some fan list.

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Dirracolo is at leafs development camp
Motew-Montreal
Swick-Vegas
Ellinas/ Andonovksi-Ottawa
Parsons-LA
Rehkopf/Sale Seattle
Brzustewicz- Calgary

Last edited:

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
Recent article from the Seattle times on šalé

If he surprises us and makes the big team, great. If not, then we can look at Coachella Valley as an option for him,” Francis said.

We can look at putting him [back] in junior hockey. We can even look at letting him stay another year back home in Czechia so he gets a year under his belt with family and friends in a good environment there, too.”

Reactions: frontsfan67

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019

11 Rangers players invited to NHL Development Camps, including undrafted players; Simon Motew, Jackson Parsons, and Max Dirracolo.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I have never heard of this site. It appears to be a 'simulator' that updates rankings after every game, which is not how actual scouts do things (nor does it look like they have a person actually putting eyes on these players). It's just an algorithm that names and numbers are put and spit out.
Kind of like the weekly Mastercard team rankings :laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Bra Wavers

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

11 Rangers players invited to NHL Development Camps, including undrafted players; Simon Motew, Jackson Parsons, and Max Dirracolo.
He was one of my favourite players but I hate to say this but Motew is not a Ranger. He was an OA last year. Great to see him get an NHL tryout but I thought I would clarify. The article makes it sound like this years team will be missing 11 players due to camp but Motew ain't coming back no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad