OT: All Jersey Talk (authentic, game worn, replica, etc) - part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you like the new Reverse Retro jerseys?

• Yes, they're amazing!

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • No, I hate them!

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • They're OK.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Meh, whatever.

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Ok, so it's clear that the Devils just almost never sell on-ice authentic white jerseys anymore, but is there any particular reason why they don't? I've been saying since the change to the new look for the red and whites that I prefer the old school reds but that the current white jerseys actually look pretty slick, yet they're pretty much nowhere to be found.
The Devils team store at The Rock has them. Also like other posters said , try HockeyAuthentic or another jersey website.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
The Devils team store at The Rock has them. Also like other posters said , try HockeyAuthentic or another jersey website. I jist checked Fanatics and they have blank ones in most sizes.

I read somewhere that Adidas cut back on away jersey production because they don't sell as much as home jerseys do. I actually like our away jerseys a little bit more than our home ones. The Devils heritage jersey and the white reverse retro from last year were the best jerseys they used IMO. The heritage is my personal favorite. I hope that replaces the alternate next year and we wear it more , especially on the road.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
The Devils team store at The Rock has them. Also like other posters said , try HockeyAuthentic or another jersey website.
Last time I was there they only had the Fanatics version of the whites; I haven't checked Hockey Authentic yet, but other good jersey sites seem to lack them most of the time, too, it's kind of nuts.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Last time I was there they only had the Fanatics version of the whites; I haven't checked Hockey Authentic yet, but other good jersey sites seem to lack them most of the time, too, it's kind of nuts.

They did restock blank ones on their website, they're already out of some sizes but there are others still available.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Not quite sure what I think about the Vegas Winter Classic jersey, I do like the Seattle one.
1700677483126.png

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Does anyone know if this site is legit? I may just go with the Hamilton from fanatics, but really wanted this one in a Hughes.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I love how the AHL and ECHL have so much fun with their jerseys but the NHL treats it like the most serious shit in the world.

I mean it goes both ways. There are some hideous jerseys used in minor league hockey games too. Sometimes it might be hard to take your job/sport seriously if your uniform makes you look like an elf or Ronald McDonald.

1702946314908.png

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I mean it goes both ways. There are some hideous jerseys used in minor league hockey games too. Sometimes it might be hard to take your job/sport seriously if your uniform makes you look like an elf or Ronald McDonald.

View attachment 786011
Fair point.:laugh:

I think there is a middle ground that I wish the league was more open to but we know they aren't and likely won't be anytime soon.

Although the opportunity was clearly missed to have a McDonalds vs Burger King game...

4b5b03dd80b6812ad0ebed151b7b4147.jpg

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Fair point.:laugh:

I think there is a middle ground that I wish the league was more open to but we know they aren't and likely won't be anytime soon.

Although the opportunity was clearly missed to have a McDonalds vs Burger King game...

View attachment 786025
I think that Penguins Christmas themed jersey was fine. My only complaint was tat it had a Penguin on it and I largely despise that team.

Of course the league won't even allow a Hockey Fights Cancer jersey on the ice for warmups so I'm pretty sure a religious holiday like Christmas is out of the question.

Reactions: mdj12784

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
big one added to my collection today (and just in time). draft year WJC jack jersey. very happy to have this. always like sweaters with little quirks like him still wearing #6 or having the abbreviation on the back. reminds me of many, many arguments with people who deluded themselves into thinking kakko rivaled him. i still shudder at the mere mention of wide turns or blade paradigm lol
1703284300620.jpeg
1703284359006.jpeg

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Any idea if the heritage jersey comes back this year or are they limited to only 4 jerseys because of the Stadium Series?
unsure, there is SOME speculation that the team might bring back the red heritage jersey for the game vs Carolina when they wear the white whaler jerseys vs us but I think that's just hopium. They'll probably just use it as an excuse to wear the SS a second time

Saint Beaurivage

Jersey Shore
Nov 18, 2017
IMG_2134.jpg
IMG_2137.jpg
IMG_2136.jpg

Hey old time Devils fans and aficionados, were nameplates used back in 1995? Or were the letters stitched directly to the jerseys? I think there was a time back then they did not use nameplates but not 100% sure. Just curious? Back then I was told it was identical to Claude Lemieux's jersey, maybe not?

Reactions: mdj12784

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad