OT: All Jersey Talk (authentic, game worn, replica, etc) - part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Do you like the new Reverse Retro jerseys?

• Yes, they're amazing!

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • No, I hate them!

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • They're OK.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Meh, whatever.

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It’s been forever since I’ve bought a jersey.

I’m looking at an authentic Adidas prime green Hischier so nothing unusual. Is there any significant difference between the quality of the stitching of the name and numbers from the NHL shop/Fanatics vs. a place like Hockey Authentic/Cool Hockey?

I‘m willing to shell out of there is and it’s worth it but the NHL Shop is ~$100 cheaper with their constant coupons.

definitely avoid buying from Fanatics or NHL shop if you can. I always prefer places like CoolHockey. FYI- they have sales all the time.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
saving old blank ebay replicas >
IMG_5391.jpeg
IMG_5392.jpeg

HobokenIrish

May 3, 2011
Charlotte, NC
It’s been forever since I’ve bought a jersey.

I’m looking at an authentic Adidas prime green Hischier so nothing unusual. Is there any significant difference between the quality of the stitching of the name and numbers from the NHL shop/Fanatics vs. a place like Hockey Authentic/Cool Hockey?

I‘m willing to shell out of there is and it’s worth it but the NHL Shop is ~$100 cheaper with their constant coupons.

While I can't speak to Fanatics for a jersey purchase the whole company has taken a nosedive when it comes to service and quality. I wouldn't recommend anything they make and try not to order anything from their site even if it's another brand. Unfortunately they are everywhere.

I got a Hughes jersey recently from Official NHL licensed Adidas, Reebok hockey jerseys, CCM vintage, Nike and everything went well

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
Reactions: Dr Aidonis Bison

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It's missing the orange stripe so technically these are linesman jerseys lol

they must have the captain and the two alternates have the orange stripes.....it would be perfect

So... are the refs going to wear Vancouver Giants jerseys?

my guess....probably something like from the mid 50's or before.....

i'll add this

.....the devils' hawks tribute jersey jersey looked ridiculous on the ice along side with the standard refs jersey... please say that that 'fad' has passed.....(along with that scouties clown crap)

Last edited:

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
definitely avoid buying from Fanatics or NHL shop if you can. I always prefer places like CoolHockey. FYI- they have sales all the time.

While I can't speak to Fanatics for a jersey purchase the whole company has taken a nosedive when it comes to service and quality. I wouldn't recommend anything they make and try not to order anything from their site even if it's another brand. Unfortunately they are everywhere.

I got a Hughes jersey recently from Official NHL licensed Adidas, Reebok hockey jerseys, CCM vintage, Nike and everything went well

going to cope by fanatics by unchanging what i always do:

order blanks and send them to Exclusive Pro Sports in Rockford, IL

Thanks for the feedback all. Skipping Fanatics and going with Hockey Authentic.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
Is it within forum guidelines to offer a jersey for sale here? I’d rather it go to somebody on the forum than an eBay random but don’t want to break any rules.

aero8279

Aug 31, 2008
If anyone is near the NHL store in New York, they have the fanatics reverse retro 2.0 jerseys on clearance for $88. I picked up a Nico one. Couldn't pass up that price even if it's a fanatics one.

For some reason, the blanks were $101 but the Nico and Hughes were $88.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
Blank RR. A birthday gift from my wife and boys. I love those people. 🥺

This will be on my back at the Nov 7th game @ Colorado!

View attachment 759815
I got a really nice complement from a slightly unsober Avs fan on the jersey. He stopped me to make a point to say how he loved it as soon as it was announced.

Also I thought it was funny that the people behind us were audibly surprised when I jumped up after the first Devils goal because they thought I was an Avs fan with the reverse retro since they're the same colors. 😆

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
Ok, so it's clear that the Devils just almost never sell on-ice authentic white jerseys anymore, but is there any particular reason why they don't? I've been saying since the change to the new look for the red and whites that I prefer the old school reds but that the current white jerseys actually look pretty slick, yet they're pretty much nowhere to be found.

denverdevil

Nov 13, 2007
Denver, CO
Ok, so it's clear that the Devils just almost never sell on-ice authentic white jerseys anymore, but is there any particular reason why they don't? I've been saying since the change to the new look for the red and whites that I prefer the old school reds but that the current white jerseys actually look pretty slick, yet they're pretty much nowhere to be found.
I don’t know why they’re harder to find but Hockey Authentic has a couple of sizes left and I’ve been eyeing this seller on eBay too. devils | eBay

I’ve never bought from them but they have great reviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad