All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Sweden basically had to bench one of their better players too for the back half of the game lol

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
US had a couple of chances to win in penalties and couldn't put it away. Congrats to the Swedes.

Reactions: Ted Hoffman

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
US had a couple of chances to win in penalties and couldn't put it away. Congrats to the Swedes.

They almost certainly would have lost to Japan anyway probably. They are definitely not ready to be elite again probably for 3-4 more years. I was surprised they fared as well in this game as they did. I had a sizeable bet on Sweden who I was fairly surprised were underdogs

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Just absolutely gutted. Have no one to blame but ourselves. Had multiple chances to win in regulation/ET/Pens. Could've set ourselves better in the group stage as well and avoided Sweden. Just disappointing top to bottom.

I expect Vlatko to hand in his resignation by the presser. 2 failed tournaments in a row means you're out.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Team wasn’t good enough this time. Bottom line. One win (against lowly Vietnam) in four tournament matches. They were never going to get it done this time around.

Reactions: Jack Straw

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
This is the result of an aging core who lost their legs (Morgan/Rapinoe looked like a shell of their former selves), a coach who has no idea what the hell he's doing from a strategy standpoint with his subs/formation/set up (Sophia Smith was not used as an striker once this tournament instead got wasted on the wing), a goalie who played a tremendous game (hats off to the Musivoc) + women's game getting a lot better even though people love to shit on the quality. I like Rapinoe but she's getting absolutely shredded by the media for that miss too.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
On another note, how does hockey get that kind of goal line technology?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
On another note, how does hockey get that kind of goal line technology?

Many football players will tell you they do not think its fully accurate as many tennis players do not believe their automated system is good. It makes me wonder if the NHL knows more than sports using that technology admit to

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Many football players will tell you they do not think it’s fully accurate as many tennis players do not believe their automated system is good. It makes me wonder if the NHL knows more than sports using that technology admit to
I’ve been following hockey for 27 years, I can assure you that there is no chance the NHL knows something everyone else doesn’t.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Rapinoe laughing after launching her PK into the 10th row was certainly a look.

It's not the look you want to be remembered for when your tasked with coming on as a super sub and you end up playing like @$$.

This is why I'd hate it if a team I'm rooting for is thinking of picking up an "activist" player.

The more they spend time becoming an activist, the less time they spend being an athlete.

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad