All-Encompassing Womens Soccer Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Sweden completely losing their composure. USA is good but the second a USA player is 10 feet away they pass incredibly inaccurate. Swedens worst enemy right now is themselves with this horrendous handling of the US’ subpar counter attacks.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
My soccer coach would be rolling in his grave if he saw us making ground passes under pressure in the defensive zone. I have no idea why Sweden is forcing ground passes through while under pressure. So many turnovers and mishandling of the ball.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Pretty decent half, switching to a 4231 is paying off, adding more structure defensively. But honestly the overall play is significantly better. Much more movement off/on the ball and more decisiveness in the attack.

Still don't really rate Sonnett, but she's done well so far. Rodman had a couple chances, still not getting enough from Smith's side.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Sonnett has played great tonight. I was skeptical but she's been awesome. And she's from Marietta where I live now so hey, haha.

The whole team has played much better. Much better shape, distribution, and decision making.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I’ve only seen the last 10 min of regulation and then overtime but the US has looked much better than in the group stage. That said, it’s anybody’s game now.

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
I’ve only seen the last 10 min of regulation and then overtime but the US has looked much better than in the group stage. That said, it’s anybody’s game now.
They've been the much better team. Sweden havn't had many clear chances at all, every time they tried to do something good offensively it been miscommunication.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport

The US has been the superior athletic team. But their first touches and the passing has let them down consistently. That and Morgan can't outpace the defenders without ccheating the backline, getting called OVER and OVER for offside. and Rapinoe comes on and completely shits the bed.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad