Speculation: All-encompassing Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Part of me would staple a 15th overall to JJ just to trade him for Oleksiak or something. In short, not pumped about a 15th overall pick given the circumstances and really want to get off this ride.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Part of me would staple a 15th overall to JJ just to trade him for Oleksiak or something. In short, not pumped about a 15th overall pick given the circumstances and really want to get off this ride.
Just bury the f***ing guy in the minors and let him know that he’ll never get back to the show. Take all of his hope away and pray that he comes to his senses and retires. Dude has done enough damage to this organization already; I don’t want to be giving away potential future talent to get rid of him.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Just bury the f***ing guy in the minors and let him know that he’ll never get back to the show. Take all of his hope away and pray that he comes to his senses and retires. Dude has done enough damage to this organization already; I don’t want to be giving away potential future talent to get rid of him.

I think he's too f***ing stupid to figure that part out, He'll just stick around like an interoperable tumor at the base of your spine.

Reactions: domaug

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
He doesn't have the money to retire.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
If we do get a good pick, I’m excited to see how this staff uses it. I was way too hard on our draft last year and honestly Rutherford’s history is looking a lot like Shero’s so hopefully now that we are 5-6 years in we start hitting the Rust, Murray, and Guentzel’s.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
If we do get a good pick, I’m excited to see how this staff uses it. I was way too hard on our draft last year and honestly Rutherford’s history is looking a lot like Shero’s so hopefully now that we are 5-6 years in we start hitting the Rust, Murray, and Guentzel’s.

We'll get the next Joe Morrow and Dave Roche.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Maybe the better thing in losing to the Habs is it forces real change and reality to the ownership. Yes keep the 15th pick get a good prospect RW or RD hopefully. Aggressive college players to sign especially RD. If Pens get lucky in getting the stud LW, I test the market for offers and if I can make a great haul do it. I want a RH center with size, RW and RD in return or some combo of that.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Either we win the lottery and get Lafrenière, or we get the 15th (?) overall, which we can probably use with Murray to move up even further or land a significant player who can step in and fix a glaring issue right away.

It sucks, but realistically, the best thing for this team is to lose to the Habs. Even if we get past them, we're going to be absolutely laughed out of the arena by whichever team we play in the 1st round. There is simply too much work to be done with this roster.

Reactions: tread102

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Either we win the lottery and get Lafrenière, or we get the 15th (?) overall, which we can probably use with Murray to move up even further or land a significant player who can step in and fix a glaring issue right away.

It sucks, but realistically, the best thing for this team is to lose to the Habs. Even if we get past them, we're going to be absolutely laughed out of the arena by whichever team we play in the 1st round. There is simply too much work to be done with this roster.

I don’t really believe this, but I think the likelihood of the roster being utilized properly for a deep run is slim.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
I would sell the farm to get Holtz. Bouque is a good option too as in 2 or 3 years the Pens will need to worry about centers.

In later rounds I would love to get Blake Biondi and Matt Gleason.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I thought this years pick went to the wild no?
If we lose to the Habs we technically didn’t make the playoffs which is contingent on the Wild getting our pick this draft. Since we wouldn’t be making the playoffs (this is a Play-in not the Playoffs yet) we’d be able to defer Giving them our first round pick next year though they’d get it regardless of where we end up in the draft next year.

to be fair the likelihood of us picking 1st or 15th (our only two options this year if we lose) is probably a much better draft slot then we’d get next year (I imagine the Pens would get to the playoffs and so be worse pick than 15) so keeping the pick makes the most sense if we lose.

Reactions: EightyOne

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
If we lose to the Habs we technically didn’t make the playoffs which is contingent on the Wild getting our pick this draft. Since we wouldn’t be making the playoffs (this is a Play-in not the Playoffs yet) we’d be able to defer Giving them our first round pick next year though they’d get it regardless of where we end up in the draft next year.

to be fair the likelihood of us picking 1st or 15th (our only two options this year if we lose) is probably a much better draft slot then we’d get next year (I imagine the Pens would get to the playoffs and so be worse pick than 15) so keeping the pick makes the most sense if we lose.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad