AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Would like to see them actually build a story, though.

Not just "Hey, you're a good wrestler and you're a good wrestler, go wrestle!"
Would be nice for sure. I’m just saying if they had to scramble for a sure fire banger main event on any given night, it’s there and it makes sense. Still If they could pull from the NJPW archive and rekindle an old feud to freshen it up, that would be preferred.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If you give Willow/Stat a stip, even without hindsight I would have wished that was on the Wembley card instead of Mercedes/Britt.

Better story and probably going to be a better match

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
So with All Out in a few weeks, we got Stat/Willow and Ospreay/Pac confirmed. that's a great start. If I had to guess, they fill out the rest with . .

Danielson title defense (possibly Christian, but we'll see)
Hangman/Swerve
Okada/Claudio
MJF/Garcia

That would be amazing if it came to fruition.

If they don't want to come back with a Danielson title defense with two TV shows of build, Hangman/Swerve in some sort of gimmick match could be big enough to main event the show. Maybe a Lights Out Match, so there is a built in excuse to put them on last despite it not being a championship match.

If they are going to start the Danielson/Christian program right away, they could go with a six-man tag match between the BCC and Christian's stable. That way, they aren't burning Danielson/Christian on two weeks build, and also Danielson if he is banged up from the PPV doesn't have to do as much. They could also play into the "cash in" idea, with it being made clear that Christian's strategy is to get his team to create the optimal condition for him to take Bryan out and cash in his bootleg MITB.

Ideally, each PPV is loaded up - but with two weeks between both shows that could be challenging.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Christian cashing in his chip on an exhausted, beat down Danielson (or whoever) would be very WWE, but so fitting of the character at the same time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Christian cashing in his chip on an exhausted, beat down Danielson (or whoever) would be very WWE, but so fitting of the character at the same time.

That would suck IMO. I'm not opposed to Christian becoming champ, but let Bryan have at least a bit of a run.

Let some of this breath as you can get some time with Bryan. Maybe let Christian win down the road a bit and he can be a bridge heel champ to the eventual Ospreay coronation.

Though I guess they would just have Ospreay take it off Bryan since the Tiger Driver story is still going

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

I highly doubt they would go that direction. They seem to view the world title in a certain way that I don't think they would do a gimmicky change like that. I'm not saying they won't tease it and have Bryan escape the cash ins or sell the possibility of it.

Knowing how AEW books, which is that nobody who is a name ever actually loses clean or without an excuse, Luchasaurus will somehow screw Christian on the cash in, and that will be their out for having Christian lose and move on to the Luchasaurus program.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
That would suck IMO. I'm not opposed to Christian becoming champ, but let Bryan have at least a bit of a run.

Let some of this breath as you can get some time with Bryan. Maybe let Christian win down the road a bit and he can be a bridge heel champ to the eventual Ospreay coronation.

Though I guess they would just have Ospreay take it off Bryan since the Tiger Driver story is still going

The only reason to have Christian beat Bryan right away is if Bryan is actually messed up physically and they want a transitional champion.

I suspect it's just that Christian is a second tier type opponent for Bryan, and being a legitimate heel who always takes the easy way out, the title match and time is something they can play off of for a few weeks. His father gimmick also plays into the angle with Bryan winning the belt and Bryan's relationship with his children being part of the title win, because Christian can call Bryan out for not retiring to be with his kids, or traumatizing his kids by brining them to see that match.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I've never been a huge Christian guy but I'll admit that he's been superb in his entire AEW run thus far. That being said, he shouldn't be taking the world title off Danielson. This should probably be a longer run with handpicked opponents that Danielson wants to work with, all but guaranteeing straight up barn burner matches. Whoever takes the title off Danielson, by the time it happens, is the next guy, somebody on the cusp who hasn't been a made guy yet. If I had to pick one now it'd be Ospreay, but shit changes in a year's time so who the hell knows? Maybe by then it's Jay White, maybe it's Adam Cole, Daniel Garcia, idk. Anyway, giving Danielson a lengthy run as a babyface world champ, with matches predicated on respect for the ring, and then eventually he's humbled by a younger version of himself...that's the move.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was a great promo, but it’s strange because the crowd is booing both guys

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Wonder if Mox is setting up an angle with Shane O

Bringing in Shane as a performer or on screen character would be absolutely tone deaf.

Which isn't to say he doesn't have his merits in the right context. It's just not what AEW's fanbase wants, and now that WWE is "good again", bringing in "WWE guys", no matter how shocking, is not going to sway WWE fans to watch AEW.

There is already too much WWE for your average WWE fan to watch.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jamie Hayter is way too good to have a finish that sucks so bad

Reactions: SnS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad