AEW All Elite Wrestling #9: Mox Aggressor Brings the Blood

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Finally got to watch the PPV...other than the tag match, everything else was purposeful...

Ospreay/MJF was great
Perry got his heat back on Darby who I was tiring on winning every time
Storm/May was fantastic
The Gauntlet...jeez the fire power TK has to work with was just crazy

Ricochet looked so happy and yet so confused what moves to pull out

Happy Daniel Garcia is still a thing, working with MJF should help pull some charisma out of him

Weirdly shocked Mox never appeared

Mercedes/DMD was bleh, the more women the bring in, the more DMD is getting pushed down.

I am happy to see what they do with this BD run...swerve more than proved he can be a legit guy in that upper mid card and top card range, he will be right back in the thick of it

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Just saw a video on Facebook of Fozzy covering Rage Against the Machine with Swerve on vocals. Awesome!!

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
How long his danielsons’ run and who is the one to beat him?

I can see a short run and it ends by December. The part about who beats him I’m not sure on. I think there’s many directions they could go.

This is my pitch.

All Out:
-Swerve beats Hangman

Next PPV:
-Christian is a bridge opponent for Bryan, Bryan beats him.
-Ospreay beats Swerve for whatever that belt is called now.
-Hangman, after losing to Swerve starts going even crazier and is convinced he must protect AEW from Swerve at all costs. To do that, he wins a generic tournament named after a legend from Mid-South wrestling that the general audience doesn't know existed. Something like the Terry Taylor Memorial Round Robin Challenge. This grants him the title shot at the next PPV.

Third PPV:
-In the lead up, they really push the "lol bryan could die in the ring at any time" stuff.
-Hangman tells Bryan that he doesn't want to kill him, but protecting AEW from Swerve winning that title is more important than his daughter growing up with a father. He tells Bryan he will murder him on PPV, and he gives him the option to vacate the belt. Bryan says he will #FightForever.
-Hangman murders Bryan on PPV and takes the belt. He beats him in a 15 minute match that consists of Bryan constantly having seizures and being pile driven 15 times while he refuses to die. After the match, Bryan is stretchered out, and they put a blanket over him (so fans think he is shoot dead).

So then you have this paranoid moustached Hangman as the heel champion. He starts seeing Bryan Danielson's ghost (it's made apparent that Bryan isn't actually dead), and starts to seek advice from him like the dad from Dexter.

Hangman is the rugged, dangerous, heel champion for the next 6 months. He wears a Bryan Danielson armband as a tribute to his fallen comrade who sacrificed his life to keep the belt away from Swerve.

They can have segments where Bryan is comatose in a wheelchair, and Brie has to feed him some generic mush on a spoon.

Hangman can finally beat Swerve, but her has gotten so deep into this that he doesn't even know how it all started or why he is doing anything. When AEW announces Bryan Danielson's induction to the AEW Hall Of Fame, Hangman learns that Bryan is in fact alive. He says he will attend the ceremony to apologize to Bryan's family and gift his daughter a commemorative AEW Shop replica Hangman Championship belt.

Then at the ceremony, Bryan is comatose in the wheel chair with a blanket over him and his head slunked over. Hangman goes to hand Bryan's daughter the belt, and doing his best 2002 HBK impression, Bryan rises from the wheelchair and begins beating the shit out of Hangman, who is convinced that some sort of occult ritual granted Bryan the power to heal himself.

That sets up Bryan/Hangman in a Texas Death Match at the 2025 All In Texas show. Hangman can lose to Bryan when Swerve interferes and sets Hangman on fire or something.

Oh yeah if you must have a "new" star made, Darby, Hook, or Joey Janella can they beat Hangman at All Out 2025, and have a 3 month title reign where they are completely forgotten about in the follow up and eventually settle into their career as 17 time TNT Champions.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
What's wrong with him? Just taking a quick glance, he just seems like an AEW superfan showing his enjoyment of the company. Is he tribalistic or something?
It is clearly an account paid by the company to shill.

It is full of hyperboles and never says anything remotely critical of AEW. Like Danielson having the best run ever? Come on. It is gross hyperbole.

It will attack WWE sometimes, but I do not mind it.

To me, that account, is everything that is wrong about AEW's face base (a small minority that is).

I just do not follow them, but I do roll my eyes most times it pops up on my timeline. That being said, it is way less annoying than a LOT of other stuff Twitter pushes to my timeline :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is clearly an account paid by the company to shill.

It is full of hyperboles and never says anything remotely critical of AEW. Like Danielson having the best run ever? Come on. It is gross hyperbole.

It will attack WWE sometimes, but I do not mind it.

To me, that account, is everything that is wrong about AEW's face base (a small minority that is).

I just do not follow them, but I do roll my eyes most times it pops up on my timeline. That being said, it is way less annoying than a LOT of other stuff Twitter pushes to my timeline :laugh:

I would not be surprised if Drainmaker is an employee, they have had access to info in some cases before anyone else had.

I do really hope accounts like Airgold and his are getting paid because God damn it's sad to carry that much water for any company for free.

Airgold is more tribalistic. Closer to AEW's version of Gareth (a tribalistic loser that's pro WWE)

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I would not be surprised if Drainmaker is an employee, they have had access to info in some cases before anyone else had.

I do really hope accounts like Airgold and his are getting paid because God damn it's sad to carry that much water for any company for free.

Airgold is more tribalistic. Closer to AEW's version of Gareth (a tribalistic loser that's pro WWE)
Oh yeah, Gareth is annoying as f***. Airgold also.

I expect all of those to be paid shills.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Who, outside of @GKJ, really rates her nowadays?

I just don't know with her because she really hasn't wrestled a ton since she left WWE and some of the matches have lived up.

Maybe it's injuries but her ability to carry a match seems gone. She can still go when her opponent is top quality like Mayu or Vaquer. He match against Willow wasn't anything special but it was decent at least.

She does seem to be working slower lately.

Idk personally her whole act as Mercedes hasn't been working for me, CEO especially. Maybe she is someone that really needs WWE's tighter creative structure to thrive

Britt was never very good and she has been decimated with injuries that probably have slowed her down even more. Quite possible she is cooked.

Especially as they have a lot of newer and more talented women working up the card. Hard to see where Britt fits in

Both work rate wise and character work wise, a lot of the other women have really stepped in in AEW the past year.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
my question is when do they put the world title on okada the guy is a star feels like there wasting him atm he should be in main events
I think they did the right thing sticking him into a faction with the Bucks. He's being established as an easy to hate heel so far. As soon as they send him off on his own, or decide to elevate his role in the company, he shouldn't lose a match for several months. For that reason, I'm fine with where he's at right now. They can't have all of these guys in "can't lose" status all of the time.

Jay White is in a similar spot but not getting quite the same air time as Okada unfortunately. I can't wait until they let Jay White loose as a single competitor.

I just get a kick out of Mercedes' arrogance. I don't even know if it's her being in character or if she really believes her own hype.
I think she's always had that false confidence. It definitely helps her at times, but when she's done nothing worth mentioning in a couple years it's laughably bad.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
So with All Out in a few weeks, we got Stat/Willow and Ospreay/Pac confirmed. that's a great start. If I had to guess, they fill out the rest with . .

Danielson title defense (possibly Christian, but we'll see)
Hangman/Swerve
Okada/Claudio
MJF/Garcia

That would be amazing if it came to fruition.

Reactions: Fro

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I just don't know with her because she really hasn't wrestled a ton since she left WWE and some of the matches have lived up.

Maybe it's injuries but her ability to carry a match seems gone. She can still go when her opponent is top quality like Mayu or Vaquer. He match against Willow wasn't anything special but it was decent at least.

She does seem to be working slower lately.

Idk personally her whole act as Mercedes hasn't been working for me, CEO especially. Maybe she is someone that really needs WWE's tighter creative structure to thrive

Britt was never very good and she has been decimated with injuries that probably have slowed her down even more. Quite possible she is cooked.

Especially as they have a lot of newer and more talented women working up the card. Hard to see where Britt fits in

Both work rate wise and character work wise, a lot of the other women have really stepped in in AEW the past year.

Britt had surgery for two herniated discs right?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
@TD Charlie

Jay White has been out injured for a bit, but I do agree, they do need to do something with him...

didn't he and Ospreay have some good matches in Japan they could revisit?
Yes, and it's definitely one of the feuds they can transition into on short notice with zero reason or build. It's just there for them.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Yes, and it's definitely one of the feuds they can transition into on short notice with zero reason or build. It's just there for them.
Would like to see them actually build a story, though.

Not just "Hey, you're a good wrestler and you're a good wrestler, go wrestle!"

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
It annoyed me that Jay White or Swerve didn't beat MJF when he was clearly on one leg.

Joe seemed like the non-offensive transitional champion where MJF didn't have to actually lose to someone who might rival him for the top spot when he comes back.

Swerve beating MJF would have been perfect, because they arguably waited a bit too long and they could have had it both ways where Swerve got the rub for ending what they were presenting as a historic title reign, but they also have the rematch in their back pocket because Swerve did not beat MJF at 100 percent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad