AEW All Elite Wrestling #8: Grabbing the Brass Ring of Honor

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So it is Danielson vs. Mox for the title. Interesting way to go. Establishing teammates can and will fight each other. Hopefully without having to turn on each other.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Sammy v Mox was really good. I haven’t seen Moxley wrestle like that in many years. I didn’t think he had that in him, and had him stuck at brawler/stiff match status for the rest of his days. While I’m at it, Jericho is on a f***ing tear as well, seemingly finding the fountain of youth. He’s moving as good as he has in 10+ years.

So it is Danielson vs. Mox for the title. Interesting way to go. Establishing teammates can and will fight each other. Hopefully without having to turn on each other.
They’ve done face v face and heel v heel a bunch and it’s never been weird. These two guys will entertain 10x over i think

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
That clown is EVP? :laugh:
I hope not - jeez... that's bad if he is.
I rolled my eyes.

If it is just a cameo, I am fine with it. If he ever wrestle on tv, I will cry.
I think it is - feels like Ethan page knocking him out was a "We are not going to do this indie stuff no more." On a side note I think they give page the win over pac in Toronto for the all atlantic title.

Last edited:
Reactions: yahhockey

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I hope not - jeez... that's bad if he is.

I think it is - feels like Ethan page knocking him out was a "We are not going to do this indie stuff no more." On a side note I think they give page the win over pac in Toronto for the all atlantic title.
I would be good with it. Page is seriously under rated and giving him something to run with would be awesome. PAC still has the trio belts and now has the whole first person to hold 2 AEW belts at the same time thing to run with as well.

OG6ix

Apr 11, 2006
Toronto
I would be good with it. Page is seriously under rated and giving him something to run with would be awesome. PAC still has the trio belts and now has the whole first person to hold 2 AEW belts at the same time thing to run with as well.
Ethan Page is money - he has the look, can wrestle, and has mic skills as well. Having him defend the All Atantic title in Canada would be awesome. Pac has been defending it in the UK for the most part. Maybe he takes it to impact or smaller indie shows in Canada.

Reactions: Grackle Party

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ethan Page is money - he has the look, can wrestle, and has mic skills as well. Having him defend the All Atantic title in Canada would be awesome. Pac has been defending it in the UK for the most part. Maybe he takes it to impact or smaller indie shows in Canada.
I don't like that he's in this random faction, but only because I think he's above all of them by a fair margin. All Atlantic champion would be a good and justified push for him, completely agree.

Speaking of, what happened to Dan Lambert and those guys? Wasn't Page in that group? They had a couple MMA guys mixed in there for a hot minute too

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't like that he's in this random faction, but only because I think he's above all of them by a fair margin. All Atlantic champion would be a good and justified push for him, completely agree.

Speaking of, what happened to Dan Lambert and those guys? Wasn't Page in that group? They had a couple MMA guys mixed in there for a hot minute too
Wonder if Lambert has had enough for a while. He wasn’t supposed to be a weekly character when he showed up.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Wonder if Lambert has had enough for a while. He wasn’t supposed to be a weekly character when he showed up.
That’s probably true. He just came in white freakin hot. The act went stale once his muscle ended up doing the job on a weekly basis.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
That’s probably true. He just came in white freakin hot. The act went stale once his muscle ended up doing the job on a weekly basis.

IIRC, Lambert's last appearance was on Dark Elevation sometime in mid July. He came to the ring with Page for his match against Leon Ruffin. During and after the match Lambert seemed less than thrilled with Ruffin getting a near fall, and Page was just kind of shaking his head and brushed him off while leaving the ring.

I'm guessing maybe with everybody hating the Sammy/Tay vs. ATT feud, Scorpio Sky getting injured and Paige Van Zant's career as a sports ennerdainer getting put on hold, they just decided to put Lambert on the shelf for now rather than have him hang around as Page's manager. They also kind of buried the whole "MMA guys" thing with Wardlow destroying a bunch of them during the street fight against Sky.

I would imagine that if/when PVZ returns, Lambert will be attached to help draw some heel heat... I guess unless they bring her back as a baby face.

On the other hand, if Lambert was under contract with AEW and it was only a year long, maybe they quietly let it expire. IIRC, he made his first AEW appearance right around a year before his last.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I love AEW but it feels like lately some of their stuff has been too on the fly or not well thought out:

-Does Shida really need a 2nd kayfabe injury in like 5 months making her look as fragile as the real life CM Punk? How about just not putting her in tournaments or advertising her for matches when you know she's going to be in Japan?

-Why not keep Tone Tee Toni's partner a secret to tease the possibility that it could be Jamie Hayter? Of course, it would've helped if that whole Shida attack and replacement with Athena wasn't done within the 24 hours prior to Dynamite exclusively on social media...

-They seriously couldn't re-record that Tone Tee promo?

-In the same vein as Toni's partner, couldn't they have left Jungle Boy's "open contract" open until right before the match to get some fans to think it could be Luchasauras?

-"The Firm's" booking seems silly already. In an organization where you can ruin a ladder match or gang assault a TV production guy without any sort of reprimand, shouldn't the 7 other guys that got screwed out of that ladder match be out for some revenge, or at least show some anger over how that went down? (To be fair, Rey Fenix did later on at All Out, but that's been it). And why is a group that can do all that concerned with winning mid card titles?

-I'm still sad they dropped Nese/Woods/Sterling suing and going after Moxley and BCC for interrupting Nese's match on Dynamite. Sterling cut a promo about it on Dark, and Nese hinted at it on Twitter but nothing ever happened.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
So is MJF a member of The Firm or just an associate of Stokley?

Anyone else think Cassidy laying out Pac with a suckerpunch was pretty stupid. Odd thing for a babyface to do unless he's turning heel which I doubt he is.

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021

Anyone else think Cassidy laying out Pac with a suckerpunch was pretty stupid. Odd thing for a babyface to do unless he's turning heel which I doubt he is.
i took it the way stokely put it- he is not a manager or an assistant. he is a friend who has connections for whatever needs be done. they'll be there whenever max needs but not a second longer, and they'll be off on their own pursuits in the meantime.

Reactions: yahhockey

Sexy Necksy Garland

SMD
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I would one hundred percent go to an event in bc were he to defend it here

I read OC’s actions as getting PAC’s attention. PAC has been super dismissive of him so he needed to do something to get him in a fighting mood. Face Vs face, I am not surprised to see them blur some lines.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I love AEW but it feels like lately some of their stuff has been too on the fly or not well thought out:

-Does Shida really need a 2nd kayfabe injury in like 5 months making her look as fragile as the real life CM Punk? How about just not putting her in tournaments or advertising her for matches when you know she's going to be in Japan?

-Why not keep Tone Tee Toni's partner a secret to tease the possibility that it could be Jamie Hayter? Of course, it would've helped if that whole Shida attack and replacement with Athena wasn't done within the 24 hours prior to Dynamite exclusively on social media...

-They seriously couldn't re-record that Tone Tee promo?

-In the same vein as Toni's partner, couldn't they have left Jungle Boy's "open contract" open until right before the match to get some fans to think it could be Luchasauras?

-"The Firm's" booking seems silly already. In an organization where you can ruin a ladder match or gang assault a TV production guy without any sort of reprimand, shouldn't the 7 other guys that got screwed out of that ladder match be out for some revenge, or at least show some anger over how that went down? (To be fair, Rey Fenix did later on at All Out, but that's been it). And why is a group that can do all that concerned with winning mid card titles?

-I'm still sad they dropped Nese/Woods/Sterling suing and going after Moxley and BCC for interrupting Nese's match on Dynamite. Sterling cut a promo about it on Dark, and Nese hinted at it on Twitter but nothing ever happened.
They are very clearly flying by the seat of their pants with the majority of the men's booking right now. I point to The Firm as exhibit A, B, and C for this. Losing so many top guys who were very likely to be focal points of the next couple months has them scrambling. Not sure what their excuse is with all of the women though.

It was a lazy booking move at the time, but I assume they circle back to MJF and (or more likely -vs-) The Firm. Personally, I don't care for it. MJF is big enough to be his own attraction. Ethan Page shouldn't be in this faction either though.

i took it the way stokely put it- he is not a manager or an assistant. he is a friend who has connections for whatever needs be done. they'll be there whenever max needs but not a second longer, and they'll be off on their own pursuits in the meantime.
Yep. Just their get out of jail free card in the event they have to fall back on it, or they book themselves into a corner.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I mean no shit they are flying by the seat of their pants. Punk was meant to be champion in a program with MJF and Moxley on vacation. Guess they didn't foretell Punk dropping a bomb on the entire company. Good news is the last couple weeks have been really good shows. Sometimes your best stuff comes out when you are forced to just kind of figure it out. The womens division just isn't very good and I honestly do not care about the booking of it. Fill the quota and move onto better shit.

Reactions: GKJ and DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Their problem with the women right now is their two who are most over - one just tore an ACL for the second time, and the other can’t work more than 4 minutes. Depending on what people think of Anna Jay, who is very good but they seem to just forget about her. Britt is the next best and she was on top for a year and cooled off.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Kind of weird maybe? Diamente going after Jade and Kiera when she and Kiera are a real life couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad