Speculation: All Bruins trade proposals/rumors: XXVIII: The Peter Principal at work

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm not going to be hard on PC for this one, Connolly was drafted #6 for a reason and guys need to remember players around this age stasrt to breakout.

same here, the thing is people are so obsessed with hating chia all rational thoughts have gone out the window. It's borderline patriots hate at this point.

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Looks like Benoit Pouliot 2.0.

I'll obviously wait til the end of the season to really judge him.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I'm not going to be hard on PC for this one, Connolly was drafted #6 for a reason and guys need to remember players around this age start to breakout.

Do you think a scoring team like Tampa would give up on a scorer at the age of 22 with his salary if they thought he was worth the number 6 draft position??

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
I love how 2 2nd round picks was considered next to nothing when we got them but now that they're gone, they were gold.

I also want to see how many different ways people can misspell Connolly. It's already been 3.

He is the kind of player that if he is put on a line with support, he can put the puck past the goalie. Which is what this team will need in the playoffs.

The Bruins aren't done yet. I'm not mad about this trade. He has a lot of potential.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins Acquire Brett Connolly from the Tampa Bay Lightning

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=755926

BOSTON, MA - Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, March 2, that the Bruins have acquired forward Brett Connolly from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for the Bruins' natural second round draft pick in 2015 and the Bruins' natural second round draft pick in 2016.

Chiarelli will address the transaction during his annual trade deadline media availability session at 5 p.m. on Monday, March 2 at TD Garden. Connolly's availability will be confirmed at a later time.

The 22-year-old Connolly has skated in 134 career NHL games for Tampa and registered 18 goals and 14 assists for 32 points and 72 penalty minutes. In 50 games this season, Connolly has 12 goals, three assists and 38 penalty minutes.

During the 2012-13 AHL season Connolly tallied 31 goals and 32 assists for 63 points while playing for the Syracuse Crunch. The 31 goals were tied for the third most in the league while the 63 points ranked ninth.

The 6'2'', 181-pound native of Campbell River, BC was drafted by the Lightning in the first round (6th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Let's put it like this;

If this is Chiarelli's answer to shoring up for the present; fire him on the spot.

If he's doing this as a shot into the future with the premise of another move coming (not sure where considering the prices) then fine.

Brett Connolly will not save this team.

I don't think anybody is saying Connolly is the savior.

He's definitely intriguing though.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
I love how 2 2nd round picks was considered next to nothing when we got them but now that they're gone, they were gold.

I also want to see how many different ways people can misspell Connolly. It's already been 3.

He is the kind of player that if he is put on a line with support, he can put the puck past the goalie. Which is what this team will need in the playoffs.

The Bruins aren't done yet. I'm not mad about this trade. He has a lot of potential.

Because Boychuk is worth a 1st rounder and Connelly is worth a 3rd rounder... THATS WHY!!

it's called Hockey sense.

rainone99

Dec 21, 2010
Montreal
So, where do you put this kid?

OR, perhaps more importantly, who is on the move? Eriksson or Smith? Or both?

If this deal allows us to trade Eriksson for a 1st rounder then maybe Chia saves himself. He helps the cap and gets a high pick back.

SELL PETER SELL.... build your team for next year!!

Sikhander

Feb 21, 2010
I like the trade - will be interesting to see how the lines shape up. Think this has some potential.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Because Boychuk is worth a 1st rounder and Connelly is worth a 3rd rounder... THATS WHY!!

it's called Hockey sense.

:laugh: Calm down.

This trade has nothing to do with Boychuk. And it's spelled Connolly. If you're going to hate on something, at least spell it correctly.

batesy

Dec 5, 2014
Nova Scotia
So we still have the picks from the Boychuck deal I'm in a better mood now ...plus he mite be here to take Lou's spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad