Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If Sweeney dealing with the ducks I'd like to see Kase or Manson, better yet both along with N.Ritchie coming back in the deal as well don't mind giving up a first, but I would want a player or two from them who's going to have an impact down the road as well. I know the bruins would need to add but since your there why not make it bigger.

Starting to heard a few whispers that nick ritchie could be available. Not sure it makes sense after the brett ritchie experiment and not sure we need a lw with marchand, debrusk, bjork looking like a very good 1-2-3 punch...

But ive wanted nick ever since his draft year

If price is low enough i could make the room for him

Reactions: TCB

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
How do you save cap space? How do you get Kreider? Who's the PP QB?
Gustafsson comes in at 1.2 m compared to Krug's 5.25 m. Next season Krug is probably looking for 6 or 7 m. Let him go and Gustafsson can be the pp QB as he had 60 points just last year.

Use the cash you don't have to pay Krug next season and sign Kreider. Not rocket science.

As for getting Kreider you obviously have to give the Rangers the best offer. At least you won't be running around every year trying to fill that top 6 hole. You could also sign him if he becomes a free agent.

Last edited:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I would trade Torey Krug and bring in Erik Gustaffson as a replacement.

Then bring in Kreider and use some of the cap you gain to sign him for 3 years.

We would still have a power play QB and a top 6 forward addition.

There is 0.0% chance that Kreider is signing anywhere for less than 6 years. I would guess he's looking for Anders Lee's contract (7M x 7Y). This is his last chance for a big contract, so I don't think he's taking a discount, and definitely not fewer years.

So, again, @Dennis Bonvie 's question, where's the cap space? Gustafsson isn't going to cost that much less than Krug to also fit in Kreider. They're already tight on cap space for Krug as it is.

This isn't solely directed at you, but so much of this thread never considers the key question: Would Sweeney do it? We spend all this time discussing deals that are never going to happen because it's just not something Sweeney would do, whether we want him to or not. I get that this is all for fun, but it'd be nice if we could bring some realism to the conversation.

Reactions: Lo97

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah the Sens are going to strike it Rich, if they decide to deal Pageau. who would of thought a year ago that this franchise would be righting their ship so quickly.

drafted intelligently, have swayed away from repeating the Bobby Ryan type deals. Have some nice kids playing there and it appears Smith is a coach who gets quite a bit out of his players. Likely have another reasonably high pick from the Leafs this year too plus their own as well

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
There is 0.0% chance that Kreider is signing anywhere for less than 6 years. I would guess he's looking for Anders Lee's contract (7M x 7Y). This is his last chance for a big contract, so I don't think he's taking a discount, and definitely not fewer years.

So, again, @Dennis Bonvie 's question, where's the cap space? Gustafsson isn't going to cost that much less than Krug to also fit in Kreider. They're already tight on cap space for Krug as it is.

This isn't solely directed at you, but so much of this thread never considers the key question: Would Sweeney do it? We spend all this time discussing deals that are never going to happen because it's just not something Sweeney would do, whether we want him to or not. I get that this is all for fun, but it'd be nice if we could bring some realism to the conversation.
Gustafsson makes only 1.2 m so I don't expect him to be looking for 6 or 7 m like Krug. Do you actually know what Sweeney will do?

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Let's keep in mind this isn't EA sports and any trade could drastically effect the locker room given the right or wrong player gets dealt. Krug is a HUGE part of the culture in Boston and regardless of his abilities on the ice he's going to be nearly impossible to replace via trade. Unless he comes out and says "I don't want to play here" I don't think he gets dealt and is used as a "rental" of our own. Gryz or a prospect seem to be the most likely pieces to get dealt in a deal with Moore being used for cap relief if need be. I sense DS goes off the radar again for another Mojo type deal/player, too much smoke around Kreider and Palmieri right now which raises the prices even more than they are worth. My vote is for Palms if I had a say

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Backes, Vaakanainen, 2020 1st for Kreider

Moore for a 2020 3rd

Heinen, Cehlarik, 2020 3rd for Toffoli and Clifford

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Kreider Krejci Toffoli
Debrusk Coyle Bjork
Clifford Kuraly Wagner
Lindholm

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Gryz K.Miller (hopefully)
Lauzon Clifton

With 19 million available next year and the alleviation of those contracts - Krug (6.5), Kreider (7), Halak (2.5), Debrusk (4), Bjork (2.5), Gryz (3.5), Chara (3) would fit around 29 million. Worst case scenario, you find a cheaper replacement for Halak. Not sure about Chara's bonuses?

Next year Kuhlman/Senyshyn replace Toffoli, Frederic for Clifford and Zboril for K.Miller. Cap increase hopefully fits in that 3 million for 3 players.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Let's keep in mind this isn't EA sports and any trade could drastically effect the locker room given the right or wrong player gets dealt. Krug is a HUGE part of the culture in Boston and regardless of his abilities on the ice he's going to be nearly impossible to replace via trade. Unless he comes out and says "I don't want to play here" I don't think he gets dealt and is used as a "rental" of our own. Gryz or a prospect seem to be the most likely pieces to get dealt in a deal with Moore being used for cap relief if need be. I sense DS goes off the radar again for another Mojo type deal/player, too much smoke around Kreider and Palmieri right now which raises the prices even more than they are worth. My vote is for Palms if I had a say

I play with the cap on in NHL 19 and while I`m sure it`s not as tough making the deal as the real thing, it`s actually had me appreciating a bit more how much goes into making a deal

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think the whole dave scatchard thing had to start the ball rolling on Thornton and his clique. After that failed playoff with montreal and all the negativity thornton was under that off season, bruins made a high profile move to bring in a new leader scatchard.

A few games into the season scatchard blew up at thornton and his clique

Bruin management got some egg on their face forced to trade scatchard to attempt to salvage the season

Once that didnt work the decesion got made to clear house. It wasnt just thornton

Andrew raycroft had been the team union rep during the strike... he had to go

Nick boyton had issues with his health care as we have learnt now... he had to go

Glen murray was never dealt... but he became something of an after thought

Sergei samsonov either refused to sign an extension or simply wasnt offered one

This group was the bruins lockerroom team leadership, and bruins just decided to firesale the whole lot out the door

I know there are people here that say leadership/culture are overrated but i will always say this move by the bruins was exhibit A what the right culture leadership means to a team

Within a couple years room was open for chara, bergeron, ferrence, boychuk, recchi, ward, kelly, Lapointe to come in with a whole new attitude. Kids like krecji, lucic, marchand, rask had clean slate to just come in and play

And we win a cup

Probably didn't help that Raycroft & Boynton were terrible that year.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
drafted intelligently, have swayed away from repeating the Bobby Ryan type deals. Have some nice kids playing there and it appears Smith is a coach who gets quite a bit out of his players. Likely have another reasonably high pick from the Leafs this year too plus their own as well
Sharks

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Backes, Vaakanainen, 2020 1st for Kreider

Moore for a 2020 3rd

Heinen, Cehlarik, 2020 3rd for Toffoli and Clifford

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Kreider Krejci Toffoli
Debrusk Coyle Bjork
Clifford Kuraly Wagner
Lindholm

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Gryz K.Miller (hopefully)
Lauzon Clifton

With 19 million available next year and the alleviation of those contracts - Krug (6.5), Kreider (7), Halak (2.5), Debrusk (4), Bjork (2.5), Gryz (3.5), Chara (3) would fit around 29 million. Worst case scenario, you find a cheaper replacement for Halak. Not sure about Chara's bonuses?

Next year Kuhlman/Senyshyn replace Toffoli, Frederic for Clifford and Zboril for K.Miller. Cap increase hopefully fits in that 3 million for 3 players.

Why would the Rangers take Backes?

Kings kind of getting screwed there, no?

Moore's deal is fair enough.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yeah the Sens are going to strike it Rich, if they decide to deal Pageau. who would of thought a year ago that this franchise would be righting their ship so quickly.

How are they fighting their ship ? They are one of the worst teams in the NHL with the very worst owner and a lousy GM. No matter how many high draft picks they get there is no guarantee it will lead to success, look at Edmonton as an example. Without the right coach and on ice leadership, they will fail.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Gustafsson makes only 1.2 m so I don't expect him to be looking for 6 or 7 m like Krug. Do you actually know what Sweeney will do?

Just because Gustafsson makes much less than Krug currently doesn't mean he's going to be asking for much less. Gustafsson signed his last deal while he was still a part-time NHL player. Since then, he's been Chicago's #2/3 defenseman in even-strength ice-time while averaging .65 points per game, with 31% of his points on the powerplay. Let's compare that to Krug over the same time period, who's the Bruins #4D in even-strength ice-time while averaging .79 points, with a whopping 58% of his points are on the powerplay.

I'm not saying Gustafsson is as good as Krug, but, at most, he's only going to get $3 million less per year than Krug. That also doesn't consider the fact that Krug may give you a hometown discount. Saving $1.5-3 million on Krug isn't anywhere close to the amount of space they need to sign Kreider.

Do I know what Sweeney will do? No, but he's been very consistent with the types of moves he makes and the types of players he looks for since becoming GM and he's openly admitted to not liking to do certain things. It's easy enough to take his history and project what he won't do. We can certainly complain about it, but he's not going to change how he does things.

Reactions: Lo97

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Why would the Rangers take Backes?

Kings kind of getting screwed there, no?

Moore's deal is fair enough.

Rangers...only cause they took Beleksey off our hands and would get an excellent prospect on top of a 1st.

Kings deal...I figured Heinen for Toffoli is fair and then Cehlarik and a 3rd for Clifford

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
How are they fighting their ship ? They are one of the worst teams in the NHL with the very worst owner and a lousy GM. No matter how many high draft picks they get there is no guarantee it will lead to success, look at Edmonton as an example. Without the right coach and on ice leadership, they will fail.

Righting their ship.

No Sens fan was happy with the way they dismantled, but their turn around looks to be much faster than anyone envision.

They have some of the best prospects around. They'll have two lottery picks this year and its one of the deepest drafts to go along with the 2015 draft since 2003.They also have three 2nds this year.

They have some of the best young players in the league, in the likes of, Thomas Chabot,Brady Tkachuk,Logan Brown,Duclair and Colin White.

A year from today they may have Alexis Lafreniere in their line-up and their most likely will have two more top notch blue chippers.

Their coach has done a fantastic job and I don't think they could of found a better personalty to tutor the young kids.

In 2-3 years their a playoff team.

Reactions: Estlin

Lo97

May 10, 2019
Can you imagine playing St. Louis again in the Stanley Cup? That would be amazing!

Does anyone know if that has ever happened in the history of the NHL in back-to-back seasons? Two teams rematching in the Stanley Cup. The odds must be almost impossible.
Detroit and Pittsburgh in 2008 and 2009

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I hope we see something this week! Trade deadline prices tend to go up! Itll be interesting to see what Backes does come thursday!

Reactions: bbfan419

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Go big or go home

Three way

devils- Ryan Murray,BOS 2nd, Fitzgerald and Peeke

bruins- palmieri, Josh Anderson (50 pct)

jackets- gryz, Heinen, Simmonds, BOS 3rd

then

Moore to WPG for 3rd

then

Kreider (50pct) for 1st, Kuhlman and Andersson

Marchand Bergeron pasta
Kreider Krejci palmieri
DeBrusk coyle Anderson
Bjork kuraly Wagner

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Lauzon Clifton

would have to also pick up some veteran D depth

Reactions: bbfan419

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
We've got 4 weeks until the Trade Deadline. Feels like it would be helpful to show the deadline moves Sweeney has made since he's been GM. Probably gives us an idea of what he'll do this year.

(Acquired - Traded)
John-Michael Liles - 3rd & 5th, & Anthony Camara
Lee Stempniak - 2nd, 4th
Drew Stafford - 5th
Nick Holden - 3rd & Rob O'Gara
3rd - Vatrano
Rick Nash - 1st, 7th, Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, & Ryan Lindgren
Tommy Wingels - 4th
Charlie Coyle - Ryan Donato & 4th
Marcus Johansson - 2nd & 4th

I think the only guarantee is that they're not going to keep at least one of their 2nd or 3rd round picks.

Another thing to consider is that Carolina and Tampa Bay both have 2 1st round picks this year, so they're probably more willing to trade one. Could lead to higher prices.

Reactions: Bodit9

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Go big or go home

Three way

devils- Ryan Murray,BOS 2nd, Fitzgerald and Peeke

bruins- palmieri, Josh Anderson (50 pct)

jackets- gryz, Heinen, Simmonds, BOS 3rd

then

Moore to WPG for 3rd

then

Kreider (50pct) for 1st, Kuhlman and Andersson

Marchand Bergeron pasta
Kreider Krejci palmieri
DeBrusk coyle Anderson
Bjork kuraly Wagner

Chara McAvoy
Krug Carlo
Lauzon Clifton

would have to also pick up some veteran D depth
Can you figure out how to get Pat Moynihan too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad