Proposal: All Bruins Rumours/Proposals 2020 II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t believe any of this prices stuff

every year same thing

what GM is going to tell a writer anything other than Burke with DuPont and he wouldn’t report it

writers/fans making up

Just about everyone can be traded for the right price

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I’m not sure it’s Sinden’s call anymore. If Sinden wasn’t in the room for behind the B on the Seguin botched deal , I doubt he should care about Jumbo Joe. Plus the bruins need a legitimate threat out there. I’m not sure they can take on a player that doesn’t have a lot left so he can ride out his cup dream. They need more. They gotta think big!

ok. Youre entitled to your opinion.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I would trade Torey Krug and bring in Erik Gustaffson as a replacement.

Then bring in Kreider and use some of the cap you gain to sign him for 3 years.

We would still have a power play QB and a top 6 forward addition.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
after the game in Toronto that year , right around Thanksgiving, it was decided a change in direction/ culture was required.

Joe T. And a couple others were determined to be not in that plan.

Thornton had just signed a new deal that season, right?

Any idea what changed so quickly?

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’d try again for Eric Staal before making any moves. IF one of Bergeron Krejci Coyle go down with injury, Kuraly jumps into 3rd line center duty, I’m not a fan of that.

Staal allows Coyle to skate at RW (admittedly Coyle looks better at center). Allowing Sweeney to still look to get another RW.

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Bjork Krejci (Palmeiri)
DeBrusk (Staal) Coyle
4th line

Krejci gets some talent on his wings, the 3rd line gets awfully big.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
the incident I speak of and was told was after Toronto game.

It was after a Devils game Thornton was traded.

He lost a faceoff clean to John Madden and Devils scored the winning goal with less than 30 seconds left.

I must have sounded like old man Parker (Christmas Story) cursing up a storm in the basement. I envisioned Harry telling O'Connell, "trade him, right forking now". And he did.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Two separate things.
The incident I was told of occurred homeward bound from Toronto one week before he was traded.
Yes, he as traded after Devs game.
Trigger was va week before.

Reactions: Strafer

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Two separate things.
The incident I was told of occurred homeward bound from Toronto one week before he was traded.

What a story! That moment was the start of the Bruins path to the cup in 2011.

Thanks for sharing Wally.

I would like him on the Bruins but I don't think it'll happen.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Two separate things.

Looking at that seasons roster was a blast from the past. 12 defensemen played that season:

Andrew Alberts
Nick Boynton
Kevin Dallman
Hall Gill
Milan Jurcina
Jay Leach
Brian Leetch
Ian Moran
Jiri Slegr
Brad Stuart
Mark Stuart
David Tanabe

How did they miss the playoffs?

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Whats the cost for Hertl?

Even before the All-star game was intrigued by his game. Seems to just be getting better. Majority of his games he's been a 1/2 Center, but few sites also list him as RW/LW.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Well it looks like Sweeney will have a lot of options, I'd go hard after Josh Manson or Vatanen, along with many of the forwards that maybe available, but I want some nastiness behind the blueline added as well.

INSIDER TRADING: Ducks GM Bob Murray wants to be busy before trade deadline

"There are a lot of teams looking for help up front and the belief is the Boston Bruins would make a hard push for Kreider if the decision is made to deal him. Teams believe this will be a last-minute deal because Gorton isn’t in a hurry."

"League executives insist the Ducks, preparing for a full rebuild, want to be busy at the deadline and they’re open to just about any possibility, including taking bad contracts in exchange for prospects and picks"

"Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald has posted the “For Sale” sign and is looking to move the club’s UFAs, including defencemen Andy Greene and Sami Vatanen, along with forward Wayne Simmonds. Forward Kyle Palmieri was placed on injured reserve before the break, but league executives say his name is out there as well."

"A league executive noted Saturday the belief is in excess of 15 teams will show interest in Pageau. Anybody going to the playoffs is going to kick the tires because he knows his role and plays the right way. The belief is if GM Pierre Dorion decides to move Pageau, the asking price will be a first-round pick and a prospect"

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I would trade Torey Krug and bring in Erik Gustaffson as a replacement.

Then bring in Kreider and use some of the cap you gain to sign him for 3 years.

We would still have a power play QB and a top 6 forward addition.
Always liked Gustaffson, I think he's a very under-rated defenseman.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
They gave up 6 goals in the 4 games they won and their Top 3 D were work horses. People reacting here like
I called their kid ugly, need to relax.
They also gave up 16 goals in the 3 games they lost. Meanwhile in the 3 games the Bruins won they gave up 5 goals and in the 4 they lost they gave up 13 goals. I mean when that team lost they were big loses. That makes calling their top d great look bad.

Reactions: Strafer

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Well it looks like Sweeney will have a lot of options, I'd go hard after Josh Manson or Vatanen, along with many of the forwards that maybe available, but I want some nastiness behind the blueline added as well.

"There are a lot of teams looking for help up front and the belief is the Boston Bruins would make a hard push for Kreider if the decision is made to deal him. Teams believe this will be a last-minute deal because Gorton isn’t in a hurry."

"League executives insist the Ducks, preparing for a full rebuild, want to be busy at the deadline and they’re open to just about any possibility, including taking bad contracts in exchange for prospects and picks"

"Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald has posted the “For Sale” sign and is looking to move the club’s UFAs, including defencemen Andy Greene and Sami Vatanen, along with forward Wayne Simmonds. Forward Kyle Palmieri was placed on injured reserve before the break, but league executives say his name is out there as well."

"A league executive noted Saturday the belief is in excess of 15 teams will show interest in Pageau. Anybody going to the playoffs is going to kick the tires because he knows his role and plays the right way. The belief is if GM Pierre Dorion decides to move Pageau, the asking price will be a first-round pick and a prospect"
Backes to Anaheim for a 2022 1st.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

Doesn't surprise me.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Backes to Anaheim for a 2022 1st.
If Sweeney dealing with the ducks I'd like to see Kase or Manson, better yet both along with N.Ritchie coming back in the deal,I as well don't mind giving up a first, but I would want a player or two from them who's going to have an impact down the road as well. I know the bruins would need to add but since your there why not make it bigger.

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think the whole dave scatchard thing had to start the ball rolling on Thornton and his clique. After that failed playoff with montreal and all the negativity thornton was under that off season, bruins made a high profile move to bring in a new leader scatchard.

A few games into the season scatchard blew up at thornton and his clique

Bruin management got some egg on their face forced to trade scatchard to attempt to salvage the season

Once that didnt work the decesion got made to clear house. It wasnt just thornton

Andrew raycroft had been the team union rep during the strike... he had to go

Nick boyton had issues with his health care as we have learnt now... he had to go

Glen murray was never dealt... but he became something of an after thought

Sergei samsonov either refused to sign an extension or simply wasnt offered one

This group was the bruins lockerroom team leadership, and bruins just decided to firesale the whole lot out the door

I know there are people here that say leadership/culture are overrated but i will always say this move by the bruins was exhibit A what the right culture leadership means to a team

Within a couple years room was open for chara, bergeron, ferrence, boychuk, recchi, ward, kelly, Lapointe to come in with a whole new attitude. Kids like krecji, lucic, marchand, rask had clean slate to just come in and play

And we win a cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad