Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I’d be okay with Kessel coming back to ride on Krejci’s RW. If Pitt could eat 1m Kessel at 5.8m would be manageable.

Kessel vs. Clode was the issue. Mostly Kessel but... Cassidy is no Clode. Now what would it take to pry Kessel from Pitt?

Lauzon + Bjork for Kessel at 5.8m?

Marchand/ Bergeron/ Pastrnak
DeBrusk/ Krejci/ Kessel
Donato/ Heinen/ Backes

kessel has had huge issues with every coach he ever had didn't he? in Toronto he refused to play defense and coach Wilson threw him to the media over it. he refused to do the exercises the assistant coach gave him in training camp. in Pittsburgh the coach bounces him between all 3 lines trying to get any sort of inspired play out of him

the reality is kessel is one of probably the 5 most purely talented players in the nhl. he can roll out of bed in his pajamas and at half speed put up points. sadly, he plays way too frequently like someone that just rolled out of bed and is at half speed.

when he actually gives a damn... hes pretty good... as evidence by his con smyth worthy performance a couple years ago.

then a reporter puts a mic in his face right after Toronto just finished out of the playoffs and asks how he feels about it and he says he guess he will go fishing now

this is not an easy guy to bring into a locker room and have around your kids. does he stop at the hotdog stand and eat hotdogs right before games or not? the perception is... he does... this is a difficult guy to allow to be one of your leaders on your team

he walks to his own drummer. he doesn't fit the formula it takes for most nhl players to maximize their ability.

for all his worldly god given talent... kessel will always be an underachiever who takes losing very easy. he might always be the best talent on his team but hes not a winner. its a flip of the coin whether he will put out an effort at playoff time or not. hes a bad example to the other guys who don't have the same god given talent

lets stay away from this type of player please

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I believe that Edmonton would have to add. Krug is a better and more valuable player than RNH, especially if he were to play for the Oilers, which need a PP QB.

RNH + Pool Party for Krug and Cehlarik?
I think EDM fans would feel the same about RNH (that he has more value).

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Thanks wondered if it was something like this..

I read your RNH idea. It’s prolly the best deal I’ve heard so far with a realistic chance. Doesn’t really fix the possible RW prob but could argue it fits a hole.
I don't really see RW as a "problem." Bjork, Heinen and Donato are all comfortable on their off-wing and have spent their last year as well as entire seasons at the position in college.

I think the "problem" they wanted to address up front was more proven scoring, so they went after Kovalchuk (who's more comfortable as right shot, LW), Tavares (who's a left shot C), Skinner and Nash (who are left shots that can play either wing). Long story short, it doesn't feel like they're trying to find a RW as much as add some more firepower to the forward group. RNH would give you that.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't really see RW as a "problem." Bjork, Heinen and Donato are all comfortable on their off-wing and have spent their last year as well as entire seasons at the position in college.

I think the "problem" they wanted to address up front was more proven scoring, so they went after Kovalchuk (who's more comfortable as right shot, LW), Tavares (who's a left shot C), Skinner and Nash (who are left shots that can play either wing). Long story short, it doesn't feel like they're trying to find a RW as much as add some more firepower to the forward group. RNH would give you that.

The main past-time of this board is essentially trying to find another proven winger so they can sit back an look at this mythical rock-solid Top 6 group, even though very few recent cup champions had anything resembling that.

They took at shot at a couple guys they could get for free and it didn't happen.

I think Sweeney is more than comfortable going into training camp with the scoring wingers he has today, even if they are young and unproven, and the 8 D-men he has today, and see what happens.

If secondary scoring proves to be a real issue, he has the ammunition on D to address it.

Sure looks to me like the group of players this organization has under contract will be the group competing for jobs come this Sept/Oct.

But that won't stop half of this place proposing D-man (likely Krug) for whatever flavor of the week scoring forward they come up with. Expect a steady stream of Panarin for Krug proposals now and moving forward until Panarin is dealt somewheres else.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
People are forgetting that Krug had 12 pts in 11 playoff games, that is elite (Chara had 3 in 12 games). Without Krug carrying it out or dishing it to the top line on the PP and 3 on 3 they do not get as many points in the year. He is like their 3rd winger in puck support. The sole driver on Dee that complimented them like a glove for goal production.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The main past-time of this board is essentially trying to find another proven winger so they can sit back an look at this mythical rock-solid Top 6 group, even though very few recent cup champions had anything resembling that.

At least it seems to have moved on from "finding a proven winger to make Krecji look good," so that's some progress. Not that I would mind finding a good wing player that can put up some goals, but if it doesn't happen, we have some very good young players that I think will surprise some folks.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
You know who leads the Bruins in 5 on 5 scoring over the past three seasons from the backend?

Not Krug. It is old "no offense" Chara. Krug only outscored Chara by 2 points at 5 on 5 this season. McAvoy was 1 point back with way fewer games.

On the power play, at 4 on 4 and 3 on 3, Krug is excellent. At 5 on 5? Krug outscored Nurse and Maata by 2 points with a fraction of the defense.

You need a d-man who can play on the PP. But at 5 on 5 I'm not sure how valuable points are from a d-man. Being able to drive possession and get quick ups? Very very important. But the actual number of points seem to be pretty reliant on the forwards doing stuff at 5 on 5. Or else maybe Chara, Nurse, and Maata are secret offensive super stars?

And who's 2nd on the Bruins the last 3 seasons in 5v5 scoring? Torey Krug. He's also 1st for the Bruins over the last 3 years in P/60 at 5v5. Chara also only has 4 more points, despite playing 300+ more minutes over that time frame. At the end of the day, saying Krug is an elite offensive defenseman is not wrong.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

I do like your twist on this being proven scoring in general.
RNH could fit under this but not for his scoring like the others above are, they actually shoot 1st and maybe doubt themselves later, RNH doesn’t seem to believe in himself enough to shoot more but hey what do I know I’m just another Waldo in the crowd.

Good take Bill thx

Now if you had said Mikael Granlund:naughty:

Reactions: Strafer

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I am asking this in all seriousness, what have people seen in Anders Bjork to make them believe he will be a good pro who can score?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I too would like this answer because I haven't seen it. Everyone has potential, but i think he's pretty overrated around here.

I didn’t see the hype when he was playing. Had some moments before he was hurt. I don’t think anyone can proclaime he’s a lock to make the line up. Bjork heinen Cehlarik And Donato will all be pushing for top line minutes but none of them are assured anything in the top 6. Debrusk is an obvious top 6 after that season and playoff performance.

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I am asking this in all seriousness, what have people seen in Anders Bjork to make them believe he will be a good pro who can score?

Well we didn’t really see enough of him to see how he slots or how he looks at the NHL level, but I’ll say I did like what I saw. Seems to be a cerebral type who can shoot the puck. Looking forward to seeing how he does this season

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Well we didn’t really see enough of him to see how he slots or how he looks at the NHL level, but I’ll say I did like what I saw. Seems to be a cerebral type who can shoot the puck. Looking forward to seeing how he does this season
I’m just hoping someone taught him to stick handle with his head up during his time off.

That guy loves his skate laces. And cutting through the middle. That’s a risky combo.

As for the Kessel love here all of a sudden why wouldn’t you want that guy? I could care less if he’s a leader or a good role model. Boston has those guys in spades already. Who doesn’t love hotdogs anyway? They’re delicious!

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m just hoping someone taught him to stick handle with his head up during his time off.

That guy loves his skate laces. And cutting through the middle. That’s a risky combo.

As for the Kessel love here all of a sudden why wouldn’t you want that guy? I could care less if he’s a leader or a good role model. Boston has those guys in spades already. Who doesn’t love hotdogs anyway? They’re delicious!
Kessel can snipe with the best of them. So he loves to feast on Coney Island weiners? Who are we to judge?

He’s a lazy dude for sure, but he has a laser shot and is an underrated passer.

But Christ I despise Kessel. Ewww

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I too would like this answer because I haven't seen it. Everyone has potential, but i think he's pretty overrated around here.

I feel like any kid that can hop out of the NCAA and start contributing in the NHL has enough potential to get the benefit of the doubt. He contributed 12 pts in 30 NHL games while having some memorable moments of strong back-checking and effort. He was hit with an injury and was out for a while. That happened to have been several months which around here might as well be years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I watched a lot of his games senior year at Notre Dame and the kid was electric. Seemed like he was a threat every time he had the puck.

The fact that the Boston FO had him in the NHL right from the get go over guys like Heinen, Cehlarik, Senyshyn should tell you how they feel about his play. My only question is whether or not he’s going to be ready to play right away in the Fall after missing so much time and not being able to train.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I didn’t see the hype when he was playing. Had some moments before he was hurt. I don’t think anyone can proclaime he’s a lock to make the line up. Bjork heinen Cehlarik And Donato will all be pushing for top line minutes but none of them are assured anything in the top 6. Debrusk is an obvious top 6 after that season and playoff performance.

How come Heinen is lumped in with these guys, but DeBrusk is a sure fire thing, when Heinen had a better regular season?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Cause his celly game needs work

Just bizarre. I guess it’s the “what have you done for me lately” syndrome and Heinen didn’t have a good playoff so he’s somehow back in with the unproven rookies. If anything, it should be DeBrusk and Heinen in the top 6 and Donato, Bjork and cehlarik are battling for that 3rd line LW spot.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Just bizarre. I guess it’s the “what have you done for me lately” syndrome and Heinen didn’t have a good playoff so he’s somehow back in with the unproven rookies. If anything, it should be DeBrusk and Heinen in the top 6 and Donato, Bjork and cehlarik are battling for that 3rd line LW spot.

I agree. I was (and still am) a Cehlarik booster but to me he’s in “prove it to me” territory right now. Heinen isn’t

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

They took at shot at a couple guys they could get for free and it didn't happen.

I think Sweeney is more than comfortable going into training camp with the scoring wingers he has today, even if they are young and unproven, and the 8 D-men he has today, and see what happens.

If secondary scoring proves to be a real issue, he has the ammunition on D to address it.

Sure looks to me like the group of players this organization has under contract will be the group competing for jobs come this Sept/Oct.

But that won't stop half of this place proposing D-man (likely Krug) for whatever flavor of the week scoring forward they come up with. Expect a steady stream of Panarin for Krug proposals now and moving forward until Panarin is dealt somewheres else.
I have zero idea about this but most of my buds seem to think dealer Don has told Rick Nash you do what’s best for you and your family and if you decide you want to lace them up we would love to talk to you

Reactions: BruinDust

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Edmonton sounds like they are having long term cap problems and could potentially have trouble resigning Nurse long term. They also seem like a great fit for Krug.

BOS: RNH & Nurse
EDM: Krug, Heinen, JFK & McQuaid

EDM gets their premiere puck moving dman along with cost controlled good young players in Heinen and JFK, as well as a good character guy in McQuaid.

Bruins get a great long term partner for McAvoy and a skilled center

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork
Donato-RNH-Pastrnak
Debrusk-Krejci-Cehlarik
Accairi-Kurlay-Backes
Wagner, Nordstrom

Nurse-McAvoy
Chara-Zboril
Gryz-Carlo
Moore, Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.