Boston Bruins All Bruins Free Agent/Trade Rumours and Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
To start, I hope I eat crow until I'm 280 pounds. But.......all this heinen debrusk donato JFK frederick bjork talk to me is insane when we think we are in our window! We're legit banking on 4-5 of our top 9 being rookies/sophomores.

Like I said I hope I'm wrong and the kids progess nicely but I just don't see putting that much faith in kids will make us a true contender.

Take 1-2 of them + Krug and grab a bonified top 6Rw please

You take 1-2 of them + Krug and turn them into a winger, that’s great, but your defense just took a hit.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Assuming your wanting Krug for an even trade or want the better valued player.

Who’s in this category (age25 60pt on similar money)
Next..
Does the team your trying to trade too actually need him maybe more then there forward that they’ll be losing.
The Hammer..
Krug has the NTC so doubt he wants to go anywhere.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Assuming your wanting Krug for an even trade or want the better valued player.

Who’s in this category (age25 60pt on similar money)
Next..
Does the team your trying to trade too actually need him maybe more then there forward that they’ll be losing.
The Hammer..
Krug has the NTC so doubt he wants to go anywhere.

Fwiw, Krug's NTC is limited to 8 teams.

Reactions: Estlin

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah cause Krug is amazing defensively! You'd argue the sky is blue if I said it! Give it a rest bud

Holy Christ..... You made a post, I responded. That’s all it is. I love how hostile you get when a few select posters respond to your posts. Stop thinking you’re that special Lmfao.

Krug is an elite offensive defenseman on the in the league the 2nd best LHD on the roster. Moving him creates a huge hole, regardless of how good/bad one views him defensively.

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
Fwiw, Krug's NTC is limited to 8 teams.
Thanks wondered if it was something like this..

I read your RNH idea. It’s prolly the best deal I’ve heard so far with a realistic chance. Doesn’t really fix the possible RW prob but could argue it fits a hole.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
If Krug is traded it should look something like the Kessel trade!

He looks like Duncan Keith entering his prime.I don't want to trade him.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BergyWho37

Jun 18, 2012
True North
If Krug is traded it should look something like the Kessel trade!

He looks like Duncan Keith entering his prime.I don't want to trade him.
Okay don’t hate the guy, I still laugh when I hear his name at times tho. Still he does have skill..
Then I thought of Krug on the Pens:eek: .. pls No *pulls the sheets over his head* thank goodness I miss read a deal “like” Kessel trade.
Do we know what the 8 teams are or is this sort of thing not public knowledge....
It means 22 teams he can be traded too

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
For futures? Pass.
For Seguin Hamilton and Knight?

Krug for a Landeskog type player would’ve made sense (except Landeskog is a LW).

I’m on the “keep Krug” train. Kid is a gamer and his “defensive woes” are severely exaggerated. He’s small, we get it. If Krug were 6’4” you can bet he would be making more than 5.25m

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think I mentioned this in the old thread but it's worth repeating because an Oiler fan just made the same proposal on the main board...

Krug for RNH?

1: Marchand - Bergeron - Pasta/Bjork
2a: DeBrusk - RNH - Pasta/Donato
2b: Heinen - Krejci - Backes
4: Nordstrom - Kuraly - Wagner

DefD: Chara - Carlo
OffD: Moore - McAvoy
3rd Pair: Gryz - Miller

The B's could make that deal and still have ~$3m+ in cap space which would allow them to add just about anyone at the deadline if they wanted to.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Nothing against RNH, but I dont make that move for Krug.

IMO he doesnt make our team that much better and DK as our 3rd liner is a waste.

I have no issues keeping Krejci as a 2nd line center and acquiring someone else for our 3rd line. Example: Dubinsky

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I think I mentioned this in the old thread but it's worth repeating because an Oiler fan just made the same proposal on the main board...

Krug for RNH?

The B's could make that deal and still have ~$3m+ in cap space which would allow them to add just about anyone at the deadline if they wanted to.

That’s a deal I’d seriously consider

I’d be more interested in nurse though

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Krug for RNH?

I believe I mentioned this proposal right after Gryz was signed.

I hate losing Krug, but if we're going to anyway, this is the kind of deal I'd approve of.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
I know it's not like he is rumoured to be available or anything and maybe Sweeney has made the call and been told no chance, but I would try my very best to pry Stone from the mess in Ottawa right now. Would over pay and everything. Perfect fit for us. Very solid defensively, brings size (didnt realize he was 6'4 220), and completes our squad.

Again might be an auto no, but if I am Sweeney I'm on the phone with Dorion every single day whispering words of proper rebuild, what good does Stone do you in the next 3 seasons? Take this great over priced offer and let us win our cup(s) and we will see you in a few years when you're stacked Pitt style.

Reactions: sarge88

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I know it's not like he is rumoured to be available or anything and maybe Sweeney has made the call and been told no chance, but I would try my very best to pry Stone from the mess in Ottawa right now. Would over pay and everything. Perfect fit for us. Very solid defensively, brings size (didnt realize he was 6'4 220), and completes our squad.

Again might be an auto no, but if I am Sweeney I'm on the phone with Dorion every single day whispering words of proper rebuild, what good does Stone do you in the next 3 seasons? Take this great over priced offer and let us win our cup(s) and we will see you in a few years when you're stacked Pitt style.
IF Karlsson will not be traded interdivision... Stone will not

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
RNH is Spooner. I'd rather trade Krug for Riley Nash if those were my options.

yikes... maybe more like a bobby carpenter or a marc Savard maybe... but a bit better than those guys defensively

will he break out like Savard did in his later 20s? find his offense game? he cant goal score like bobby carpenter did in his career season

but Hopkins is a very above average second line center... someone that has played 22 mins a night against top line opposition. hes been on a very bad team and he gets worn down by being used this way. now for a couple years he plays with crappy linemates due to lack of depth.

would he break out with us? im not convinced... hes a lefty. hes a pass first. he doesn't seem like a fit for us

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Holy Christ..... You made a post, I responded. That’s all it is. I love how hostile you get when a few select posters respond to your posts. Stop thinking you’re that special Lmfao.

Krug is an elite offensive defenseman on the in the league the 2nd best LHD on the roster. Moving him creates a huge hole, regardless of how good/bad one views him defensively.
Great comeback!
There is nothing elite about Torey Krug. Trade him while his stock is high. What he brings offensively does not make up for his defence.........which so happens to be the position he plays. Giving up a 60 point defencemen for a 75-80 point forward and allowing someone better defensively take over in the top 4 makes us better, not worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad