Confirmed with Link: Alexis Lafreniere Signs Extension [7Y/7.45M AAV]

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
He's rocking a 29.2 shooting percentage which will inevitably go down but he's looked much improved this season. Still has a lot to prove but at least we're seeing some potential now
whats his lines SP cuz lafs goals will prob move to the center on his line based on how its gone so far.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
He's rocking a 29.2 shooting percentage which will inevitably go down but he's looked much improved this season. Still has a lot to prove but at least we're seeing some potential now
The kind of goals he’s scoring, where it’s his positioning and ability to get open at the right time, in the right place, that are the impetus, his shooting percentage is going to be high. He’s basically beating the goalie before he shoots. 29% is of course ridiculous to expect for the season, but his first two seasons he was shooting over 17%, at this point it may not be a fluke for him to be near 20%, or better, if he keeps playing with linemates that can find him when he’s getting open.

Reactions: UnSandvich

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
I really don’t want to sound like Captain Hindsight here, but what did you expect would happen when you gave him an opportunity and stuck with it?

He may never be Jack Hughes or MacKinnon. But he was a two time CHL MVP and WJC MVP before he was even drafted. Obviously he’s got skill dripping out of his ass.

Confidence is key in literally everything in life. Hockey is no different. He has it spades right now. The next step is to keep reminding him of what he’s capable of, so that when he inevitably hits another rut at some point, he has the confidence to work through it.

Literally management 101 and it took this franchise 3 years to figure it out.
Yep, this is the only takeaway from the current situation. This organization sucks for waiting this long to give him this opportunity and everyone should feel bad about it.

My joker origin will be seeing every headass go “oh look Lafreniere finally put in the work! He finally became good and earned it!” No, we just played Goodrow over him.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_8661.jpeg

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I love it. I hope he continues to prove me wrong. I hope he can do some semblance of this consistently. Obviously, he not shooting 30% all year, but 60+ points? 25 goals? That would be huuuuge progression for him.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Right before the season started, someone from the press tweeted footage and said that Laf and Lav had like a 30 minute on-ice conversation at the end one of their practices. No one else was there.

No idea what was discussed, but whatever Lav said to him, it was clearly what Laf needed to hear.

Remember when we were all worried when an older coach got hired? Imagine if he could activate Kakko in the same way. We’d be actual contenders.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Right before the season started, someone from the press tweeted footage and said that Laf and Lav had like a 30 minute on-ice conversation at the end one of their practices. No one else was there.

No idea what was discussed, but whatever Lav said to him, it was clearly what Laf needed to hear.

Remember when we were all worried when an older coach got hired? Imagine if he could activate Kakko in the same way. We’d be actual contenders.
It's not about Kakko specifically, but rather getting 5 on 5 production from the Zib line and getting Chytil back so Bonino isn't playing in the top 9. Whichever line Kakko ends up on, if the line is getting chances, he will get his points.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019

11-2-1 without 2 of our best 3 players and our 2C
*We are actual contenders.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Players take different amounts of time to get comfortable. Laffy seems comfortable and confident. This is big for us if he can keep it going

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
11-2-1 without 2 of our best 3 players and our 2C
*We are actual contenders.
Maybe yes, maybe no. We are beating teams that we should beat, and that is fantastic. I'm not taking anything away from them because there are no easy NHL games and we didn't have that sort of consistency in many past years. But we are a bit untested against the best teams so far.

And there is an elephant in the room that makes me pause as to whether this is sustainable: too much of the team's success (I'd say most of it) is due to the individual play of Panarin so far. He has been brilliant. But if gets injured or an opponent gameplans well around neutralizing him, the rest of the team may not be enough to make a deep run.

I would more safely consider us to be contenders if we had more balanced scoring throughout the lineup. Right now, I think we're still unproven.

But it's really early in the season so far. We haven't even hit December yet and that is when the team started looking good last year.

Reactions: mas0764

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Maybe yes, maybe no. We are beating teams that we should beat, and that is fantastic. I'm not taking anything away from them because there are no easy NHL games and we didn't have that sort of consistency in many past years. But we are a bit untested against the best teams so far.

And there is an elephant in the room that makes me pause as to whether this is sustainable: too much of the team's success (I'd say most of it) is due to the individual play of Panarin so far. He has been brilliant. But if gets injured or an opponent gameplans well around neutralizing him, the rest of the team may not be enough to make a deep run.

I would more safely consider us to be contenders if we had more balanced scoring throughout the lineup. Right now, I think we're still unproven.

But it's really early in the season so far. We haven't even hit December yet and that is when the team started looking good last year.
We are significantly better defensively than we've been, and that includes not having Fox. Gus adds something to the lineup we haven't had on the eventual bottom pair as well. Igor alone will always make us a contender if we get into the playoffs.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
He looks so much faster this year. Maybe it's the system or the off season work or whatever else but good for him. He's a completely different player this season who's getting it done while still not getting any PP1 time. So maybe lets put that issue (excuse) to bed and keep it rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad