Confirmed with Link: Alexis Lafreniere Signs Extension [7Y/7.45M AAV]

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Do you have one for Josh Anderson? I just have to laugh after being lectured a few weeks ago on why Montreal would almost be doing the Rangers a favor by trading Anderson and his now 1 point in 13 games for Laf. 😂
download (32).png

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
I still think Kakko has some untapped potential in him. I'm not writing him off from becoming a very good 50-60 point 2-way winger who owns possession and the boards. Think a passing version of Kreider
IMO Kakko has Jake Voracek potential just in terms of playstyle. Physically strong, strong on the puck, but not impossible to knock off the puck.

To get there, though, he has to get faster/qucker acceleration, meaner, and shoot more.

He's not going to create the space for himself that he needs playing such a clean game he's <20 PIM every year. He doesn't have to fight, or play gritty, he's just got to be enough of a PITA to play against that Dmen on dead end teams give him space b/c they don't want the hassle and they're playing for a contract, and Dmen on decent teams think twice because if they get aggressive with him, he'll dish it back and it might hurt.

Part of his struggle IMO is he's trying to play a big style to create space for himself, while not doing the little things that will give him more space.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
It's not rocket science.

This is what I would hope for Zibs but he's busy trying to be 2022 Panarin

whoa hold up a sec.

so he finally decided after playing on the same team with him for 3 seasons now would be the time to finally check out and notice the tendencies of a legit bona fide scorer? i guess it's better late than never.

what the fphuck was he noticing instead all of that time?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
whoa hold up a sec.

so he finally decided after playing on the same team with him for 3 seasons now would be the time to finally check out and notice the tendencies of a legit bona fide scorer? i guess it's better late than never.

what the fphuck was he noticing instead all of that time?
Um, he talking about when he is on the ice with Panarin.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
Add pp1 to that and he's right where he should be, 57 points without being on pp1 is actually really impressive

The same people saying he put the work in were trashing him all preseason for not looking any different than last year lol. Opportunity and confidence go hand in hand, this coach gets that.
I thought he wasn’t a hard worker because something something Steve Valiquette golf clubs ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad