#RempeForCalderCup
Apr 26, 2016
Hartford, CT
APez5i5.jpg

stnbNvW.jpg

Last edited:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I really don’t want to sound like Captain Hindsight here, but what did you expect would happen when you gave him an opportunity and stuck with it?

He may never be Jack Hughes or MacKinnon. But he was a two time CHL MVP and WJC MVP before he was even drafted. Obviously he’s got skill dripping out of his ass.

Confidence is key in literally everything in life. Hockey is no different. He has it spades right now. The next step is to keep reminding him of what he’s capable of, so that when he inevitably hits another rut at some point, he has the confidence to work through it.

Literally management 101 and it took this franchise 3 years to figure it out.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m going to eat this crow when it’s good and ready, which would probably be around
game 60 or so, depending on the results. But while I see, acknowledge and encourage those of you who are seasoning it up and heating the grill…

IMG_6570.gif

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
I’m going to eat this crow when it’s good and ready, which would probably be around
game 60 or so, depending on the results. But while I see, acknowledge and encourage those of you who are seasoning it up and heating the grill…

View attachment 767513
I don’t have a need for you to eat crow, but I also don’t see a need for anyone to calm down. Hahahah. Everyone should just enjoy this!

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I really don’t want to sound like Captain Hindsight here, but what did you expect would happen when you gave him an opportunity and stuck with it?

He may never be Jack Hughes or MacKinnon. But he was a two time CHL MVP and WJC MVP before he was even drafted. Obviously he’s got skill dripping out of his ass.

Confidence is key in literally everything in life. Hockey is no different. He has it spades right now. The next step is to keep reminding him of what he’s capable of, so that when he inevitably hits another rut at some point, he has the confidence to work through it.

Literally management 101 and it took this franchise 3 years to figure it out.
Bingo. I’ve said it quite a few times in the thread. This kid has a confidence problem, not an ability one. They need to keep his confidence up at all costs. That means letting him play through inevitable poor stretches, which previous coaching staffs never did.

Pacing for 40 goals nbd.
44, per Spider-Man

Reactions: Cmox and bhamill

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

View attachment 767513

Sure, if people are gonna go out and say he’s a perennial 90 point superstar already, they need to calm down.

However, nobody should be questioning whether or not Lafreniere is an incredibly skilled player, and always was.

This team’s track record speaks for itself. He may wither out and only score 40 points this year. It’s entirely possible.

But more people need to acknowledge that the common denominator in these situations is the franchise. Lafreniere didn’t succeed pre-draft because he had a beard.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I could not have been lower on Laf after last season ended. If he really is turning a corner it would be incredible for this team. Hell of a game tonight.
I'm from quebec city and a fan of Ramparts so i've seen Laf plays a lot in junior and i was surprised by his struggle at the NHL level. He was never going to be the next Crosby mor McDavid but for me a 30/60 winger was the minimum i could see him becoming. Too small of a sample size but looking good this season and he's looking like the player he was in junior.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
He's rocking a 29.2 shooting percentage which will inevitably go down but he's looked much improved this season. Still has a lot to prove but at least we're seeing some potential now

Reactions: EdJovanovski

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
He's rocking a 29.2 shooting percentage which will inevitably go down but he's looked much improved this season. Still has a lot to prove but at least we're seeing some potential now
Laviolette needs to tell him to keep shooting. I don’t care if the shooting percentage goes down. It’s the assertiveness and confidence that needs to stay high. He needs to keep seeing himself as a threat whenever he’s on the ice.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Maybe i'm not remembering the player accurately but I feel like Laf kinda reminds me of Marc Savard. Definitely more of a playmaker than goal scorer despite the disparity between G's and A's this season. Savard was never really a star but was still one heck of a player in his prime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad