Player Discussion Alex Newhook

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I guess you dont know me well. I take 3 Bennett on my 3rd line for playoffs before 3 Newhook anyday. You win with physical intelligent players in playoffs, not players with only speed like Newhook. Goals are scored around the net in playoffs and players like Bennett who go constantly in dirty areas make you win. No place for finesse

I never said he wasnt a good 3rd line player, if I did my mistake. He would end up being on the 3rd line surrounded with big physical speedy guys like Bennett, no problem there!

So 20 goals scorer is considered a good shot now? I'd much rather have physical players like Barbashev with 20 goals around the net than Newhook on the 3rd line. Gallagher scored 30, does he have a good shot? My point with the picks is you can hit homeruns like Dallas did. Low probability but I like gambles. We wouldve added a vet easily with a late 1st when the time will be proper (Gallagher and andersons contracts terminated)

Yes being able to score 20-25 goals consistently in the NHL and having a plus grade tool for a shot means you have a good shot. Gallagher does not have a good shot, he has an average shot and scored his goals more often around the net and off deflections. You can score goals without having a good shot, Tomas Holmstrom didn't have a good shot.

And yes, a good shot, not an average shot, not a great shot, not an elite shot.

And yes, sometimes you can get lucky like Dallas or sometimes you end up like Dallas and use a top 15 pick on Ty Dellandrea.

The Habs used two of their many picks to get certainty in Newhook. They added a versatile player who added a speed dimension that is sorely missed in our forward group. It was an astute trade. There was no downside to it.

We already have a severely limited number of future top 6 spots and we have two firsts coming in this draft. You can't only draft and draft and draft. At some point you need to build a roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad