Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Crewmember on Film Set

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm sure if that was any of us, we would be going through every stage of trying to convince ourselves there was nothing we could do to prevent what happened. Whether that means making up lies, shifting blame, whatever.

I wouldn't presume that. Some of us would take at least some responsibility and not resort to making up lies or shifting blame.

Last edited:

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn't presume that. Some of us would take at least some responsibility and not resort to making up lies or shifting blame.
Doubtful. That's what people say they'd do.

But when caught in high stress situations that cause continuous PTSD... things change.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Doubtful. That's what people say they'd do.

But when caught in high stress situations that cause continuous PTSD... things change.

Even more doubtful is what a stranger says that they'd do. People handle stress differently and not everyone is going to resort to making up lies and blaming others. If you would, you just should speak for yourself instead of imagining that anyone would.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Even more doubtful is what a stranger says that they'd do. People handle stress differently and not everyone is going to resort to making up lies and blaming others. If you would, you just should speak for yourself instead of imagining that anyone would.
Funny considering I don't have to look back too far in your post history to see you assuming things.

You can try to tell me what to do on-top of your high horse, but I won't listen. Thanks. And goodbye. :)

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Funny considering I don't have to look back too far in your post history to see you assuming things.

There's a difference between harmless or even generous assumptions and ones that insult everyone in the thread.
You can try to tell me what to do on-top of your high horse, but I won't listen. Thanks. And goodbye. :)

You're telling everyone that they'd behave no better than Baldwin and you won't listen to argument, but I'm the one on the high horse. Ok. :)

Last edited:

Bluto

Don't listen to me, I'm an idiot. TOGA! TOGA!
Dec 24, 2017
Any responsible gun owner knows that when you take possession of a firearm, you treat it like it’s loaded at all times until you personally confirm that it isn’t (and even then treat it like it’s loaded).
Baldwin was responsible for the gun the second he took possession of if.
If this was some normal guy playing with a gun in front of a camera they’d already be charged with manslaughter. Hopefully the DA does the right thing and brings manslaughter charges against Baldwin and let’s him plea it out.

Reactions: Voight

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Any responsible gun owner knows that when you take possession of a firearm, you treat it like it’s loaded at all times until you personally confirm that it isn’t (and even then treat it like it’s loaded).
If this was some normal guy playing with a gun in front of a camera they’d already be charged with manslaughter. Hopefully the DA does the right thing and brings manslaughter charges against Baldwin and let’s him plea it out.

no he wouldnt--Remember on the Crow when Branden Lee was killed? Did the actor face charges? No. why--there was supposed to be blanks in the gun, Just like in this occasion. For whatever reason, posters are treating this like Baldwin was playing with a real gun and screwing around. Like on nearly all movie sets--it was not not to be loaded as it was. Baldwin did not load the gun the props guy did

Back in the 80's Lars Erik Hexem died from from a poorly loaded gun

I can not stand Baldwin--but I think people are getting the hatred of him confused with somethings. Foxnews, got some basic facts wrong and people did not pick up when they did their correction at 2am on the topic.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

From the accounts of prop masters and armorers I've seen, it's not the actors job to inspect the gun and make sure it's safe. So if the only issue ends up being that the gun was not safe that wouldn't be on the actor.

With that said, Baldwin was a producer on this film. So the safety issues on set might be his fault.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Unless (and they probably do) the DA knows some fact(s) beyond what has come out to the public, I don't see how you can charge Baldwin with involuntary manslaughter. Basically, my understanding of the facts is that he was handed a gun, which was either supposed to be a prop or supposed to be unloaded and given the all clear language by the assistant director.

His job is to maneuver the gun in ways in which a normal person would not - IE spin it, holster it, point it AT people.

The FBI weapon report said both "it couldn't be fired WITHOUT pulling the trigger" and opps it broke while testing and DID fire without a trigger pull -- WTF?

So, absent a material fact not in evidence why on earth did you charge Baldwin? Was there a grand jury? How was this decided.

Once the charges are dismissed I would sue the shit out of the DA's office if I were Baldwin.

Now the armorer .... sure you can definitely make a legit argument that her culpability rises to criminal negligence

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
i am always amazed at these rich and powerful people with all the legal resources in the world....who go on to do disaster interviews and give up potentially incriminating or conflicting information publicly that can be used against them, and allow themselves to be painted in a bad light.

that abc interview was a diaster.

if he never did that among other things, who knows if charges would have been brought.

Reactions: John Price

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
About f***ing time. Lock this guy up.

I think a few people just hate Baldwin

also Hannah Gutierrez-Reed is to be charged as well, as she was the one who checked the gun and gave it to Baldwin--toss the book at that POS as well?
Yes both of them. Because of their careless actions a innocent woman was killed. Sad to see people think he SHOULDN'T go to jail. Guess they just align with his political beliefs so they don't want him in jail.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The fact he lied about pulling trigger should be very useful against him in case.

It's impossible for the gun to have "Fired on its own" as he claimed originally

Reality though as shown so often there is a vast difference between what we would face and what a celebrity with $ and support of Hollywood/politicians/media will

Baldwin will walk

• Haha
Reactions: blueandgoldguy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The fact he lied about pulling trigger should be very useful against him in case.

It's impossible for the gun to have "Fired on its own" as he claimed originally

Reality though as shown so often there is a vast difference between what we would face and what a celebrity with $ and support of Hollywood/politicians/media will

Baldwin will walk
Sad, but true. You even have posters here who think he did nothing wrong. It's crazy.

But at the very least hopefully he gets sued for every last cent he has from the victims family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad