Player Discussion AJ Greer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
After his fight last night with Edmundson, got me thinking about Greer.

Of the 15 forwards up for line-up consideration in the playoffs, he's #14 or #15.

But for a cap hit of $762,500, I think he brought more than what you would expect from a guy making basically league minimum.

His final regular season tally

61 GP

5 goals

7 assists

Averaged 9 minutes per night.

101 hits

7 fights

1 cross-check to the mouth of a dirty Hab

I've been critical of this teams's pro scouting but they found a good contributor who brought a bit of a missing element at league minimum. That's a win.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
After his fight last night with Edmundson, got me thinking about Greer.

Of the 15 forwards up for line-up consideration in the playoffs, he's #14 or #15.

But for a cap hit of $762,500, I think he brought more than what you would expect from a guy making basically league minimum.

His final regular season tally

61 GP

5 goals

7 assists

Averaged 9 minutes per night.

101 hits

7 fights

1 cross-check to the mouth of a dirty Hab

I've been critical of this teams's pro scouting but they found a good contributor who brought a bit of a missing element at league minimum. That's a win.
Guy has such a sneaky good shot too, if he had some better hockey IQ he could be a pretty good middle 6 guy.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Guy has such a sneaky good shot too, if he had some better hockey IQ he could be a pretty good middle 6 guy.

He has trouble finding soft spots to open up and use his shot, because it's a good heavy shot he has.

I'm glad he didn't look out of place defensively, which is the problem you get now with a lot of these types of players dressed for a similar role. Nor did he become a side-show or hurt his team with much stupidity, which sometimes guys in similar roles can become.

MrKabukiman

Ne pas plonger!
Nov 12, 2007
Mass.
He needs to work on his decision making a bit, in my opinion. Especially knowing when to fight. You don’t have to drop ‘em every time someone offers. I felt like it almost backfired a few times this season and gave the other team energy.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I'm not a Greer fan and I think he's spare parts.

I like his energy, but that's about it. He's dumber than a bag of hammers when it comes to hockey IQ. There's absolutely nothing special about that player that isn't easily replaceable, or improveable.

Reactions: Mamrd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad