Player Discussion AJ Greer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It is what it is

Greer has been solid for the most part

I do think though... Lauko has an edge on impact

In the playoffs... maybe this will "flip". With late hits allowed... love to see Greer stamp some Canes or TBL players

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Lol when has there ever been consistency in DoPS penalties. How long has he been in the league?

call the Wahmbulance.

A Crosscheck to the back of the head is actually more dangerous than the one Greer gave him to the kisser, yeah you might lose a couple teeth or get a cut on your chin. The crosscheck to the back of the head can of course lead to a significant concussion.

And sorry Mike, but you absolutely instigated. Hoffman goes high with the crosscheck first.

By the way, he is Hoffman going for the Kill, jumping Coture from behind and crosschecking him in the back of the head

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Don't think he should get much if anything beyond what he got in the game. Hoffman slashed him and got his stick up first - Greer's first action just went up too high. He wasn't the agressor and didn't seem to intend any thing major. Getting booted from the game seemed an apropriate punishment.
I know I'm changing my tune here but now that I think about it, I've seen several Bruins get nastier than that two-handers with NO penalty or any other talk. I'm so confused........

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It was a dumb play. I’ve stated that enough times.

But I truly don’t think it was “intentional”. Greer immediately looked regretful. And it wasn’t exactly out of nowhere. The two guys were engaged in a mutual slashing/stick swinging match. I’d feel differently about it (in terms of thinking it should be more than a game) if Greer just cheapshotted a guy out of nowhere. He made a mistake, took it a little too far and will sit for a game (which is closer to two games when you consider when his misconduct was). I think it’s the appropriate punishment.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

Lol when has there ever been consistency in DoPS penalties. How long has he been in the league?

It’s funny he is complaining about how he was given “two games for cross checking a guy in the back of the helmet” as if cross checking a guy in the back of the head is safer. I could argue it’s safer to get cross checked in the face than the back of the head. Now again I’m not even acting like getting cross checked In the face didn’t hurt like hell. I mean look at this man’s face. That’s some serious damage. I’m just saying acting like cross checking a guy in the back of the head is better then the face is insane.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Maybe don't be a prat next time you play the Bruins, it's called payback. Zero class, nothing changes, and Hoffman is a whiny cry baby. Look at my boo-boo, look what the big bad Bruin did to me. Imagine if Bergy had ended up concussed from the dirty late hit? If your team starts shit, then you have to live with the repercussions.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It’s funny he is complaining about how he was given “two games for cross checking a guy in the back of the helmet” as if cross checking a guy in the back of the head is safer. I could argue it’s safer to get cross checked in the face than the back of the head. Now again I’m not even acting like getting cross checked In the face didn’t hurt like hell. I mean look at this man’s face. That’s some serious damage. I’m just saying acting like cross checking a guy in the back of the head is better then the face is insane.
Yeah - he chased that guy across the ice to do it too.

Reactions: Kegs and Alicat

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
AJ deserved that. I love his energy but you can't do that and if someone had done that to a Bruin we would all be yelling.

AJ will learn from this because if he doesn't it will be more than one game next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad