Player Discussion AJ Greer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Did he embellish the blood?
Nah I used to get nose bleeds all the time though. When I was a kid I used to scrape up my knees and elbows on skateboards and bikes so blood doesn't matter. Just because someone bleeds doesn't mean it was this horrific injury. Dude acted like he got shot. I'm sure it didn't feel great and it was dumb on Greer to do it. But no it wasn't as bad as what it looked. Game was appropriate

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Quick rebound expected for A.J. Greer​

Montgomery wasn’t worried about Greer’s mental state coming off a one-game suspension. He certainly didn’t think the penalty could cause the winger, who was playing in his 100th NHL game, to go into a shell. “I think he’s fine,” Montgomery said. “I told him, ‘Listen, this is going to give you an extra 2 feet of ice off every draw.’ It just does.” Making a point about the intimidation factor, Montgomery recalled playing with the late Bryan Marchment in San Jose.

Someone razzed the enforcer by asking how much money he had lost in fines and suspensions. Montgomery recalled Marchment retorting, “How much have those suspensions made me money?” …

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don’t want Greer to play like Marchment, he’d be suspended for 80 games a year in todays times! (I know that’s not the point)

I love that Monty seems to embrace when this team plays with an edge

Reactions: Kegs

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I like Greer, love his effort but IMO, I find Lauko does something almost every shift that positively affects the play while Greer isn`t as consistently dangerous

They both put in the work, but Lauko is simply the more skilled player.

Regardless, while I hope to not see Greer with a fully healthy roster, I feel great with him being able to step in if and when needed in the playoffs. He’s not just a warm body, he’s a guy (like Monty says) that other teams/players are forced to at least think about.

Reactions: missingchicklet

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I thought it would be 2 games. Pretty nasty cut. I didn't have an issue with it because the Habs were running around and that seemed to put an end to it. In a more meaningful game, a x-check to the face is probably not the smartest thing to do. I also have no issue with Hoffman being pissed off, he definitely has a couple reasons to be lol

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Today’s Globe:

Quick rebound expected for A.J. Greer​

Montgomery wasn’t worried about Greer’s mental state coming off a one-game suspension. He certainly didn’t think the penalty could cause the winger, who was playing in his 100th NHL game, to go into a shell. “I think he’s fine,” Montgomery said. “I told him, ‘Listen, this is going to give you an extra 2 feet of ice off every draw.’ It just does.” Making a point about the intimidation factor, Montgomery recalled playing with the late Bryan Marchment in San Jose.

Someone razzed the enforcer by asking how much money he had lost in fines and suspensions. Montgomery recalled Marchment retorting, “How much have those suspensions made me money?” …
Monty just gets it. I had no issue with what Greer did. The Bs are in a position in which the loss of a 4th liner for a game on a team that is already rotating 4th liners is not even a blip on the radar. What Greer did do is send a message that playing stupid games with him results in undesirable consequences. No player, no matter how tough, wants to take a crosscheck to the mouth. Now they know that Greer has enough crazy in him that it might happen if they engage in foolishness with him. The pushback this season from Greer and others on the team is sending a message to the rest of the league that the Bs are the hammer again after years of being the nail.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They both put in the work, but Lauko is simply the more skilled player.

Regardless, while I hope to not see Greer with a fully healthy roster, I feel great with him being able to step in if and when needed in the playoffs. He’s not just a warm body, he’s a guy (like Monty says) that other teams/players are forced to at least think about.
well said

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I like Greer, love his effort but IMO, I find Lauko does something almost every shift that positively affects the play while Greer isn`t as consistently dangerous
Greer handles the puck a lot better though. That’s my argument. I really like laukos speed though. So I hear you. I think I like Lauko more as well. But Greer deserves some games too. We will need them all up to game speed. Injuries will force the bruins to use everyone I’m sure. Greer has been surprisingly good. I also want to see a lot of zboril down the stretch. Perfect situation for him to get some games in. I think zboril will be needed as well.

Reactions: ODAAT

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I think Lauko thinks the game better and has better hands, too. Greer is max effort and energy, but less skilled and does some questionable things with the puck to say the least.
Lauko is also 100 times better at puck control off the wall than Greer! Greer typically just redirects the puck into the middle weather there is a Bruin there or not, sort of like Pastas OZone passes.

Reactions: Dr Hook

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
What Greer did was not nice

But...why did Hoffman hack him like that in the 1st place?
He was trying to goad him into a penalty and numb nuts fell for it! What Hoffman didn't expect was a shot to the puss, so maybe he'll keep his stick to himself next time.

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
I'm shocked he just held his own with Desy --a top 5 toughest guy in the NHL.

I think he got impatient with Simmonds and got worked over.
Same I thought he was gonna get killed but did rather well for himself. Simmonds has a heavy left hand that most guys don't seem to expect. He got Kevan Miller pretty good a few years back...

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
Greer has a little bit of Gregory Campbell to his character. Willing to stand up for a teammate even against better fighters. He's a good guy to keep around on the bench to rest your guys or deal with more physical teams.

Reminds me a bit of Jeremy Reich, same kinda guy. Not gonna skate all the time but worth holding in reserve.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad