Player Discussion AJ Greer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
His versatility to play bottom 6 minutes is huge and his pure love for the team and the game is infectious. His future is bright here. Reminds me a lot of Dan Paille only with better hands
Agreed.

1666546966313.png

Reactions: hrdpuk

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Point a game so far . 25yo big and tough .No telling how far he can go. Power forwarward that the bruins need to slot in where necessary

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I like what Greer has done so far, but his hands are a little hard, and skating average. I have not seen enough of him to make a judgement about his d or other things. I am glad he likes it here, that is very important, but it comes down to talent if you are looking to contend. (Being a Bruin fan for forty plus years has taught me that.) I prefer Lauko. If I am right that JM is using Lauko against speed and Greer against heaviness, you will see Lauko next game and maybe Greer against the Red Wings, though they are a speed team too.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I like what Greer has done so far, but his hands are a little hard, and skating average. I have not seen enough of him to make a judgement about his d or other things. I am glad he likes it here, that is very important, but it comes down to talent if you are looking to contend. (Being a Bruin fan for forty plus years has taught me that.) I prefer Lauko. If I am right that JM is using Lauko against speed and Greer against heaviness, you will see Lauko next game and maybe Greer against the Red Wings, though they are a speed team too.

I forgot that you made this distinction. It sounds reasonable to me. A bit like last season, when Swayman got a lot of home games and easier match ups while Ullmark was handed the tougher assignments.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Something about Greer reminds me of Brendan Gallagher. Could he become that kind of player?

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Something about Greer reminds me of Brendan Gallagher. Could he become that kind of player?
Gallagher is storebrand Marchand. Small, aggravating, skilled. AJ is like a bigger, grindy-er type. I don't see much of a Gallagher comp, but would love if Greer approached that level of production

Reactions: Gordoff

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Don't think he should get much if anything beyond what he got in the game. Hoffman slashed him and got his stick up first - Greer's first action just went up too high. He wasn't the agressor and didn't seem to intend any thing major. Getting booted from the game seemed an apropriate punishment.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

Going to be expensive :p

His versatility to play bottom 6 minutes is huge and his pure love for the team and the game is infectious. His future is bright here. Reminds me a lot of Dan Paille only with better hands
He is way slower than Paille. Paille was a speed machine. Greer doesn’t have pailles separation speed.

Reactions: Alicat

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

He is way slower than Paille. Paille was a speed machine. Greer doesn’t have pailles separation speed.
Paille's speed really helped him become a really good defensive player, Greer has nowhere near Paille's speed or defensive instincts. Lauko is a much better option then Greer on the 4th line.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Paille's speed really helped him become a really good defensive player, Greer has nowhere near Paille's speed or defensive instincts. Lauko is a much better option then Greer on the 4th line.

Yeah Greer's an ok 13th forward because he is cheap, so i would assume he is back next year as they are cap strapped, but it seems very clear that Sweeney identified very early on that this is not a guy you can have on the ice in a postseason situation

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Suspended him, don't suspended, doesn't matter to me either way. He's not bringing much to the table and his most attractive asset is his cap hit is under $800k. He's got 11pts this season with 5 of them coming in the first 4 games.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Doesn't have the speed but he has better hands. Greer has kind of tailed off since the beginning of the season and up until last night, I've been happy with his game.

He immediately regretted the crosscheck and I don't think he meant to hit Hoffman in the face. All that said, I am glad he responded rather than stand there and get hacked at for no reason.

Lauko now has a real shot to show the coaching staff that he deserves to be a regular on the 4th line. I will say that when the suspension is over, I'd like Monty to play Greer the next game.

I'm shocked it took 71 games for the team to get its first suspension of the season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad