Affiliates X: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Game over. 6-3 final. Sawchenko battled after taking that shot to the head, but did finish the game. You could see he wasn't right. Good win, need to fix the penalties, gave Hershey 14 power plays in the 2 games. Gave up 4 PPG's.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
That’s exciting to hear. I have hopes that DBB will become an NHL regular. He seemed to be effective in pre-season here.

He's got the offensive talent.

I'm not sure what role exactly he'd play - he's a thin center without any special physical or two-way edge, and we have enough other centers who we'd prefer to take draws and handle defense. So I'm guessing LDBB will be a middle six winger down the road.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011

I'm not sure what role exactly he'd play - he's a thin center without any special physical or two-way edge, and we have enough other centers who we'd prefer to take draws and handle defense. So I'm guessing LDBB will be a middle six winger down the road.
You may well be right. I’d be fine with him on wing, but while optimistic about our center position for the future I’m probably still wanting to see the final product. But wing may very well be where he fits on this roster and best suits his skill set.

As to center I’m sold on Monahan and Fantilli. I am skeptical about Sillinger as he still looks to me like a bottom 6 center - more a defensive center vs offensive one - and the Jackets don’t seem to think Voronkov is a center (though I think he’s better than Sillinger). And while Lindstrom seems like a future top 6 center, he still will need to show his NHL chops and demonstrate he’s healthy. Here’s hoping he is.

As to DBB, I just hope his progression continues.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137

Gives us added flexibility, you never know what the future holds and what situation we'll be in and having another winger who can take faceoffs will be an added bonus. Jenner is getting up there in age and I don't think KJ will be a likely option on the dot moving forward.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You may well be right. I’d be fine with him on wing, but while optimistic about our center position for the future I’m probably still wanting to see the final product. But wing may very well be where he fits on this roster and best suits his skill set.

As to center I’m sold on Monahan and Fantilli. I am skeptical about Sillinger as he still looks to me like a bottom 6 center - more a defensive center vs offensive one - and the Jackets don’t seem to think Voronkov is a center (though I think he’s better than Sillinger). And while Lindstrom seems like a future top 6 center, he still will need to show his NHL chops and demonstrate he’s healthy. Here’s hoping he is.

As to DBB, I just hope his progression continues.

Gives us added flexibility, you never know what the future holds and what situation we'll be in and having another winger who can take faceoffs will be an added bonus. Jenner is getting up there in age and I don't think KJ will be a likely option on the dot moving forward.

It's always better to have more players who can play center. And I think he could eventually play it. I just mean he doesn't have the center specific attributes that will get him that specific role over other qualified centers on a team with good center depth.

Like the Sharks team that had Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Pavelski, Meier, Hertl, Tierney, etc... some of those guys didn't play center at that time. And it was okay. It's a good thing.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

He's 6' tall which can be deceiving, does he have the frame to add good weight? 6' makes me think 190-200 pounds is not out of the question. He should hit the gym with Malatesta...that'd put some muscle mass on :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad