Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Josh Dunne is seriously impressive. Maybe their best skater this run.

He might be a Kuraly replacement in a year.

And Christiansen and Blankenburg still on the shelf, and Ceulemans either dinged or a healthy scratch. That's serious depth.

Not sure what is up with Blankenburg, but Christainsen was spotted with a cast on his hand.

Dunne has been real good in the playoffs after missing some time during the year. 2-5-7 in 25 games during the season. 7-4-11 in 12 playoff games. His line has been solid all playoffs.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Dunne has been real good in the playoffs after missing some time during the year. 2-5-7 in 25 games during the season. 7-4-11 in 12 playoff games. His line has been solid all playoffs.

I've seen it so many times with guys in the A - a pretty good player will stop scoring and maybe get shuffled down the lineup, a lot of guys coming and going. Then maybe bust out later in the playoffs or maybe with another team. There's a lot of guys at a similar talent level so there's more flux in the lineups. A first liner can be a fourth liner in a different lineup.

Lukas Sedlak might be the best recent example for our team, he was a depth AHLer who suddenly became the top center on the last Calder Cup team, then the next Fall was a solid 4th center on a good Blue Jackets team. He didn't score more than 18 points in any of his AHL seasons.

Reactions: Monstershockey

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I've seen it so many times with guys in the A - a pretty good player will stop scoring and maybe get shuffled down the lineup, a lot of guys coming and going. Then maybe bust out later in the playoffs or maybe with another team. There's a lot of guys at a similar talent level so there's more flux in the lineups. A first liner can be a fourth liner in a different lineup.

Lukas Sedlak might be the best recent example for our team, he was a depth AHLer who suddenly became the top center on the last Calder Cup team, then the next Fall was a solid 4th center on a good Blue Jackets team. He didn't score more than 18 points in any of his AHL seasons.
I remember that run by Sedlak. I just looked it up and he scored 10 goals in the last 10 games that year. 11 of his 18 points came in those 10 games. Then he had 16 points in the playoffs. He got hot at the right time. I wonder if he didn't do that if would have even made the NHL.

Zboril 3rd pairing in the A? damn
He gets a lot of time during the game though. It seems like he is always out there. He also gets PK time. He's been pretty good so far in the playoffs.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Very impressed with Mateychuk’s composure. He hasn’t looked like an offense only defenseman at all, he’s played a solid game in both ends, which is very impressive given how many games he’s played this year.

Reactions: Doggy

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Some bulletin board material, but I guess Coachella Valley is in Hershey to prepare and adjust for the Eastern time zone. If Hershey beats us, the Calder cup final would be starting in Hershey

If Cleveland were to win in 7, the final would open in Coachella valley not Cleveland.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Very sick passing play by the Bears ends the series with 49 seconds to go

Or not. Cleveland ties it

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Monsters give up a goal with 50 seconds left. Hershey walked right in and the D was non existant. Tough way to go. Still have 50 seconds left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad